Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

54 40 or gently caress posted:

There's kind of a nod that the rodeo clown is potentially the father to bobbys clowning instructor at the college

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Meryl Streep as Bill's Aunt Esme was one that caught me off guard.

Alan Rickman as the king in the renaissance faire episode is one of my favorites, but that one is pretty obvious if you've ever heard Alan Rickman speak, like, at all.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
All these wrong people itt

The best side character has always been a creeper, like the kudzu vines that are slowly but surely strangling our Dixie.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A Beercan Named Desire is my favorite episode and finding out the Aunt Esme is Meryl Streep just further reinforced that fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mneJ1wRspZg

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dallas? Sallad!

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Resplendent

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

And she is always a good sport about it.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ches Neckbeard posted:

1 was a cousin. Gilbert named the one he was related to and he slept with the other 2.

"Nice weekend, Bill?"
"BOTH OF EM!"

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

Peggy would 100% gotten suckered into Q. It would appeal to her need to feel smarter than everyone else.

Someone in one of the SA KoTH threads said something to this effect and also mentioned that she would pronounce it "Kwanon", which is such an incredibly Peggy Hill thing to do that I'll be disappointed if it doesn't appear in whatever ill-fated reboot ends up airing.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

External Organs posted:

The tower shooter episode also is the only call back to bobby being an absolute monster of a shot: "If you're going to shoot me, I want Bobby Hill to take the shot, because he'll put me down clean."

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Mr. Reaper, I'd prefer it if you puts your hood back on.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SilvergunSuperman posted:

The Gilbert returns episode is only topped by the Canadians for worst ep in the series

Dusty old bones, full of green dust!

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's absolutely not that. That guy does a whole lot of videos about animated TV shows and does a lot of deep dives into the writing and character backgrounds.

The video starts off kinda cringy but he's absolutely right that John Redcorn is kind of a lovely dude. Even when Nancy breaks it off with him, John Redcorn is still super weird and possessive about her. He also gets really weird about Joseph being "his son" despite the fact that he's made very little effort to be an actual father to him. Hell, later on in the series when Bill starts dating one of John Redcorn's exes, it's revealed that he's a deadbeat dad who had absolutely no idea that Kate even existed.

dolphinbomb fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jul 15, 2021

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bobjr posted:

Peggy plays Animal Crossing and yells at the Villagers.

Peggy sends them thoughtfully written letters and gets upset when they don't take her helpful decorating suggestions.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

Peggy would go full Maga, construye el burro

It's been stated here before, but Peggy would be super into QAnon just because it bolsters her already unearned sense of superiority by being convinced she knows "what's really going on". Also she would pronounce it 'Kway-non'.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
BE THERRRRRRRRE

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dale would create his own cryptocurrency. We already know he prints his own money sometimes.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
And waste my seed on a common harlot? Not. Likely. When the time is right, a maiden will be delivered up to me.

...Probably from the East.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

X JAKK posted:

He was a dick in Bills BBQ sauce episode.

And what would you buy with your streetwalkers gold, hmm? Double stuffed.. chocolate sandwich cookies?!

J'ACCUSE!!

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Good.. GOD you've got a fat neck, Hank!

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Stephen Root voiced the guy, and is an incredible character actor. He could totally pull off playing irl Buck.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I didn't marry you because I need someone to cook and clean for me. I married you because... you know... the love.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Detective No. 27 posted:

Her Frito Pie is probably alright.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I've seriously never understood the Peggy Hill hate. She is my favorite animated character by a long shot. Everything she says is gold.

Everyone hates her unless they know an IRL Peggy Hill and suddenly she loops around to being hilarious.

dolphinbomb fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Mar 9, 2022

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Everyone knows the best flavor of Gatorade is blue.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
dang.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
footballisgreatsoccerisdumb.com

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Detective No. 27 posted:

That episode is great. That old lady absolutely hating Hank for no reason is so funny. You couldn’t make that episode today. Since I’m pretty sure all of the guest voice actresses are dead. Weren’t they the then surviving Golden Girls?

That's the problem with you, you don't mean to do anything!

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There'll probably be a reboot eventually and it'll probably be terrible but at least the thread will have something new to talk about.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

I've posted this before, but if Peggy was a q anon nut, she would call it "peg-anon".

Nah, she would very confidently mispronounce it "Kway-non".

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Historically, clown fathers haven't been very supportive.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't know about indicative of Texan culture, but in the episode when the tornado hits the trailer park, Hank loses his clothes and has to pick between a tiny cactus and the Texas state flag to cover himself, before eventually deciding on the cactus. My mom (a native Texan) thought that scene was loving hilarious.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

King Carnivore posted:

Phoenix is among the worst places on earth.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mearn posted:

To be fair, he used to sell tractors.

Yeah, but Ted wouldn't have known that.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The correct answer is season 4, eps 5-7

Aisle 8a, A Beercan Named Desire, and Happy Hanksgiving. Mostly because of Beercan Name Desire, which is objectively the best episode, but Aisle 8a is a classic and Happy Hanksgiving has my favorite Peggy quote ("The day before Thanksgiving is, in my opinion, one of the busiest travel days of the year.")

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SilvergunSuperman posted:

It's impossible to pick a favourite line/delivery but Nancy calling "JAWN REDCAWRN!" is way up there for me

Jo-hhooooooonn Redcorn.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nooner posted:

They've already done the gribble bux or whatever joke though (he always put Hank on the 100 gribble bill)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

haljordan posted:

When Peggy walks into the shitkicker bar towards the end of the episode and Buck goes "Aw hell this ain't gonna be good..."

Save it junior, you're punchin' the heavy bag.