Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Another great detail is the moment when that guy goes to suit up as the class is starting. That's a dude doing an unpleasant job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

FinalGamer posted:

My personal fave moment of Peggy was when she got arrested in Mexico and accused of being a drug mule, so she demands to represent herself in court believing that FINALLY her teaching Spanish will come through and save her.

I think the defense attorney has the idea.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

food court bailiff posted:

It's not even about drugs at all, she loving kidnaps a kid, like do you even loving KotH bro

Oh yeah. I looked right past that. She herds Lupe on the bus on a field trip.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

It's Hank's idea.

Dang. All kinds of KotH trivia misfires.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Junk posted:

Darn it, Robby

Don't have a cow man

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The Archaic posted:

Hahaha I just finished the episode where Bobby caddy's for Buck. I love it when he jumps in the back of Hank's truck and goes "Ha! You missed me you sumbitches!". Hank glares and slows down so the crowd can catch up and get a single good shot on Buck's face and Hank speeds up again.

I'm on a gravy train with biscuit wheels

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

FinalGamer posted:

Also being the first person on the block to recognise Khan was Laotian, purely from his looks alone. Cotton is a bizarre character with various flaws and positives in a strangely complex fold.

His treatment of women is appalling. Hank has some issues. I think Bobby is going to be alright.

Cotton shits on Hank, is polite to Bobby and positively dotes on Good Hank.

He really is a terrible man tho. Hilarious, but terrible. Do not teach a baby to shoot Cotton.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The last thing Cotton wanted was another Hank. After all he wasn't even Fort Berk material.

Isn't berk rhyming slang for oval office?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Isaac posted:

I live in the commonwealth and ive heard berk used to describe someone stupid. So ill say possibly

They said it on Top Gear not infrequently.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Fort Berk exists on a wikipedia list of fictional schools. That seems appropriate to that list somehow.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Code Jockey posted:

I love that Peggy once thought the guy playing him wanted to bone her, lmao

If you hate Peggy you have to watch this episode. Peggy gets her poo poo wrecked.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

No switch! Bait and bait!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Junk posted:

Jimmy is voiced by David Herman, who played Michael Bolton in Office Space, and was nearly every tertiary male character on Futurama.

He's in the cabinet in Idiocracy too. The guy who gets paid every time he says Carls Jr.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The Archaic posted:

Just watched the gay rodeo episode. Holy poo poo.

JOSEPH (dressed as an Indian): Check it out, Dad! I'm John Redcorn!
DALE: I don't see it.

NANCY: So are you really okay with your dad being gay?
DALE: Why would I have a problem with it? John Redcorn's gay, and I've been friends with him for years!

DALE: Nice to meet you! Any special friend of my dad's a special friend of mine! These are my special friends, Hank, Bill, and Boomhauer. (Bill starts giggling uncontrollably and starts slap fighting with Boomhauer).

It's a great episode. Bug (?) Gribble is maybe my favorite one shot character.

edit: and it's Dave Herman again. That guy can do it all!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Gaunab posted:

He enunciates very well.

He does a thing that I love to mimic. It's something about the way he hits certain two syllable words. Khan mocks it in that banana episode. Something about his salute not being crisp e-nough.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

King Possum III posted:

I think it was "Tartuffe, the spry wonder dog."

It's totally Tartuffe.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

mojo1701a posted:

Were those the "Magick with a K" guys?

Yeah it's David Cross trying to get Bobby to drink dog blood.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Such a well written show. In that Santa Ana's leg episode they have middle schoolers doing class projects as exposition.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Saalkin posted:

I use this term all the time when someone has to sit in between two other dudes and noone ever understands :(

Did you learn it from King of the Hill? I did. I'd laugh.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Houle posted:

Also love how everyone is so tired of Peggy's poo poo in the episode where her country song gets stolen. Hank seems to understand that Peggy is crazy but loves her enough to put up with her garbage.

That was what I thought at first but Hank and Peggy are equally matched for crazy and dovetail nicely. It's not the marriage I'd have but it works for them!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

TrustmeImLegit posted:

That Goofus seems like a real dumbass"

Fav Hank quote with him seeing a highlights issue.

It's not like the first time he saw Goofus and Gallant. He and Peggy are a perfect match.

In my opinion the day after Thanksgiving is the biggest shopping day of the year.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Isaac posted:

"Remember what i told the doctor"

That's one of my favorite Peggy lines.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

haljordan posted:

I don't wanna go back to sellin' real estate!

Another great guest star. Alan Rickman is the bees knees!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

underage at the vape shop posted:

Taste the meat, not the heat, dude

I could swear that Hank happily grills on coal at the end of that Jane cult episode.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Hank borrows this grill from the frat across the street

Oh yeah? I have a different memory but I haven't seen that episode in years. It stuck out because it seemed so out of character.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

They probably just didn't draw the bottles in the shot I'm thinking of. Or I'm dead wrong. That happens all the time.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Blockade posted:

I worked once as a bank teller in the south, I've had more than one methhead come in and try to get a loan and tell me their name is "Rusty Shackleford"

How many of them were really named that tho? Not zero I bet.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

King Possum III posted:

Octavio's an interesting guy. We don't know much about him, but he'll do Dale's bidding for a few bucks.

He is down with a lot of Dale's nonsense and we know Dale has hardly any cash so Octavio is complex for sure.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Strudel Man posted:

It was kind of odd actually that she managed to successfully double-con the conman in that one episode. Seems a bit above her competence.

Even the blind squirrel can find a nut.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

sassassin posted:

Because Peggy's just like the Dad that never loved him enough.

Hank is a loving weirdo. Even if his dad did love him he would still need Peg a Leg.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Wandle Shaytham posted:

I'm also currently watching through the show again. I'm going to be really disappointed when the episodes get to the point where a lot of them suck, because everything up through season 3 (where I am currently) has been so brilliant.

I don't think they ever start sucking. Just one opinion.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Let's get serious. How does it affect your lawn?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

King Possum III posted:

That's where I experience great shame.

It's weird to me that people think Hank is a boring, normal dude. Dale is his best friend after all.

fake edit: after propane!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

If you call him that people are going to think I'm bad Hank

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

Actually I take this back Buck Strickland is the most toxic. Cotton loves Bobby and Good Hank at least

I'm sure I've posted this line before but "I'm on a gravy train with biscuit wheels" is so good.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I am that child's nephew

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Gaunab posted:

Cotton genuinely loves Bobby.

I feel like the essential conflict with Cotton is neither he nor Hank (badhank) can admit Cotton hosed him up. Bobby has none of Hank's neurosis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007