Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Peggy is a lazy underacheiver with a heavily inflated opinion of herself. She exaggerates her minor accomplishments and skills and is blind to her many failures.

She considers herself a great educator despite only having a 2-year degree and being only a substitute teacher. One of the best examples of this was when she was at the used bookstore.

"Psychology! Sociology! Chemistrolo... oh, Chemistry." *tosses book away*

She's happy to half educate herself on a topic, but has no ambition to follow through or put in any serious work to master anything. She likes "-ologies" because there is no lab work, only sitting and reading. She's the opposite of Hank, in that he has intense focus and tends to be extremely competent in whatever he does, but never makes a big deal of it.

Deep down, she knows all this, which is why even minor problems and setbacks send her running away in tears. She is very insecure and masks it with bravado so often that she sometimes even believes it herself.

It's also why she hates Bill so much. She knows subconsciously that she is never more than a few failures away from becoming him.

She's a great character because she is the perfect depiction of that sort of person, and everyone either knows or has met someone just like her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bible
May 8, 2010

...and the pitch! posted:

Hank is a loving weirdo. Even if his dad did love him he would still need Peg a Leg.

He's a textbook control freak. He wouldn't be happy without someone to control.

They work because Peggy needs controlling. On her own, she'd fall for the first Nigerian e-mail scam to come her way, then fly off to Africa and get killed by some scammer when she demands her money back.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Bill is a piece of poo poo and the only reason he has any friends is because he is pathetic more often than he is successful.

Every time Bill starts to improve himself or comes into the tiniest bit of power, he becomes a total rear end in a top hat, and usually focuses the worst of it onto the person who has helped him the most; Hank.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Does good hank ever pop up in the show after cotton dies?

Deedee shows up once, without GH and makes no mention of him.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Bobby is as sick of her poo poo as anyone else is.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

Is this really not an episode?

It actually is.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

I can't either.

What is he doing wrong?

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

Naw. The most frustrating is the episode after Bill finds true love. And it's never mentioned again and he's a sadsack for no reason.

It is briefly mentioned once more as Bobby was reading Bill's tarot cards.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Dec 8, 2017

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Luanne was on the fast-track to morbidly obese fundie.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Code Jockey posted:

Call it the Propane Maniac

The Bible
May 8, 2010

snack eater posted:

A white guy does his voice though

A white guy doing the equivalent of Ching Chang Chong for Laotian.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Hank bought his other cars from a guy he trusts. He didn't trust that new guy at the truck dealership.

But yeah, him not even trying to fix the car is way out of character.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Not to mention he's a super-soldier, part of the government's secret project codenamed 'placebo'.

Bill is essentially Captain America with better taste in friends.

No no, the project name was Infinite Walrus, for which Bill was injected with P-fizer's deadly Placebo drug.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

One of the later episodes, to my shame I can't at all recall which, he is talking to Peggy and brings up an old woman who got too old to care for her lawn, and he brags something like "who forced her to move? Me."

Early Hank would have taken care of her lawn for nothing more than the pure joy of lawn care, and at least a little for the Eagle Scout in him, but late Hank really was a WASP piece of poo poo.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Testikles posted:

Boomhauer is immaculate

Boomhauer is a SAINT

The Bible
May 8, 2010

LingcodKilla posted:

But how did dropping the jar lock the door?

He dropped it, stopped to clean it, the door swung shut, and I guess freezer doors don't have safety features that let you open them from inside.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Warbird posted:

Was Mega Lo Mart in Bevis and Butthead? That seems to be the main point of continuity for the new series.

It was not. I can't think of any consistent background element between KotH and B&B.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Fix it again, Tony

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm kind of surprised that Mike Judge and Co haven't just put the two on YouTube, riffing on a whole bunch of different stuff. They don't need to bother with any of the plot segments, so It would essentially require limited animation, a bunch of voice over work, and just various clips from shows or other MTV things. Maybe even music videos, since YouTube is the new MTV.

Just make The Soup but with these two. I'd watch the hell out of it. poo poo, put them on Netflix, watching a bunch of Netflix-produced stuff. That would at least be future-proofed.

They only ever used like, 5 or so animations on the music videos/tv show riffs. This would be a breeze.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

sweet thursday posted:

This show affected my sense of humour, defined a part of my friend group, and changed my life in some fundamental ways. I'm willing to go as far as to say I like this show a lot, I tell you what

If this show wasn't here, I'd miss it... some...

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The idea of a place where basements in houses aren't really a thing is weird to me.

Central Texan here, and I've never seen a home with a basement.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

I don't know you!!

But I wish I did.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Peggy's World of Books and Gunst

The Bible
May 8, 2010

sweet thursday posted:

Boomhauer, the Texas Ranger, finds himself at a command center after an incredible action-packed ordeal during the End of the World. It's a mic that will broadcast humanity's last message to the cosmos. He steps up to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYLy95Qji00&bpctr=1582070388

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

David Kalaiki-Alii's mother. Who is also Hank's insurance adjuster in another episode.

It was portrayed a lovely thing of her to do. I'm not from or have ever been to Texas, but the whole episode was basically a critique on small town Texas's obsession with football.

Pretty accurate, too.

In my high school, on game days, the football team ate breakfast on an elevated platform aet up in the center of the cafeteria and were served steak, eggs, fresh fruit, and various other luxuries while the rest of us ate the typical reheated garbage schools normally ate at the time.

Betazoid posted:

Did the Wichita Falls Dairy Queen do the cool trick with the Blizzards?

I went to high school in WF and goddamn did we love that episode

The Bible fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Mar 21, 2020

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

I've heard the hos in OKC are out of this world

Them's MY hoes

The Bible
May 8, 2010

SilvergunSuperman posted:

IIIIIT'S MANIC!

So I'm going a hazard a guess that Bipolar Disorder doesn't actually work as depicted in that episode. Am I right?

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Rewatched Love Hurts and So Does Art because I love the Bobby-gout storyline. The storyline of Hank’s colon being framed alongside a starving African child felt like it was one of the fan plots from this thread. Anyway, I learned that the beef defamation law Hank uses to get the artist arrested is based on a real law that is still on the books in Texas, and was the crux of a high-profile case against Oprah Winfrey.

e: just realized that there are two active koth threads

Link?

The Bible
May 8, 2010

SilvergunSuperman posted:

You giblet-head.

Giblet-head?! That's hitting below the belt!

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Nooner posted:

I wouldn't be teaching, I would be doing.

And I wasn't substitute "doer" of the year

This is why Peggy is such a great character, and why she can only be appreciated if you know someone like her.

She is utterly mediocre in everything she does. She got a 2 year degree instead of a 4 year. She's a substitute teacher but not full time. She will study anything with an -ology in it but nothing more complex.

She revels in her mediocrity and truly believes it is all a sign of greatness.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

VinylonUnderground posted:

What would Hank (and more importantly, Buck) do now that Trump is no longer going to be president? Will Peggy still be working part time with Save The Children? Is Luanne using her show to indoctrinate children to be antifa supersoldiers?

Luanne and Lucky would be die-hard MAGAchuds.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Who What Now posted:

Luanne would definitely be a MAGA type at first but would leave it pretty fast because she actually has empathy for other people.

None of the main cast would be chuds, basically.

I don't know. She was pretty willing to take Dale for all he was worth when Lucky was suing him. Didn't have any issue at all with taking his house to pay for her wedding.

She also went turbo CHUD when she got big doing the Manger Babies with John Redcorn. Luanne is a lot like Bill. The moment she's on top, she shits on everyone who helped her get there. She's also incredibly ignorant and extremely impressionable.

MAGA material if anyone ever was.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Dec 23, 2020

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Father Wendigo posted:

Lucky is a non-voting convicted felon and tries to distance himself from politics whenever possible. He figured there's not much point in getting to know what you're missing out on.

A felon and willfully politically ignorant. He's practically there already.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

The bullet fails to kill Hank, but does do brain damage causing him to become much more aggressive and forgetful.

Peggy leaves him, tired of his oppressive and abusive nature, and Hank moves to Highland Texas, eventually meeting a much more submissive and obedient woman.

Dooley ends up moving to Highland as well and terrorizes Hank along with his new friend.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

or Mega-Low prices?

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Hihohe posted:

Kahn :*Swearing loudly in Laos"

On the other hand though, their "Laotian" language was just gibberish. Essentially the "Ching chang chong" of mocking Chinese.

Edit: That was a series of vowel clusters.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Cosmik Slop posted:

You can't help but notice this weird surreal poo poo they did in the early years, like Bobby getting hypnotized (?) by the fire ant queen, or the grotesque face-warping nightmare in the Cane Skretteburg episode

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Peggy absolutely vapes.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

wesleywillis posted:

Tom Petty and Brittany Murphy are both dead.
Did lucky and louanne 'move away' or did they die in a trailer fire?

They both died from drinking fish antibiotics because the word "chloro" was in the name so close enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Mah Lawrd I'm staring down a bunch of cajun food rn and I can see why Bill got so fat

The Louisiana diet will kill a man as surely as a sword.