Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naem
May 29, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

...and the pitch! posted:

OK. I'm just guessing based on in show friend ranking. He'd be 3rd from the left.

Dale is friend number one. Bill has been there but sucks in lot of ways. Boomhauer has lots of adult sex and has to come in last but actually he's the best.

https://youtu.be/xdyGfiIirD8

naem
May 29, 2011

naem
May 29, 2011

naem
May 29, 2011

ElGroucho posted:

I thought Protestants weren't allowed to come

http://www.theonion.com/graphic/reverend-blessed-with-nine-inch-penis-8949

naem
May 29, 2011

naem
May 29, 2011

Is king of the hill not on iTunes any more? The heck I can't even buy it

naem
May 29, 2011

I guess they don't want me to spend money on their goods and/or services

naem
May 29, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

Imo a KotH resurrection would be a little too awkward and political, seeing as both parties have dedicated themselves to breaking down the comfortable lower-middle american life portrayed

In this episode, Hank must find a way around the bank deciding it never actually sold him his house! Meanwhile, Bobby must cope with the fact that he has no money to take Connie anywhere

Half the show lose their houses, Luanne never moves out and has a kid now, Hank makes most of his income selling propane to wealthy California tech kids moving to Texas to live in tiny houses "but that's just a trailer!" Hank worries constantly that it's just a fad and has a rivalry with someone who installs off grid solar panels.

Bobby works security for a tech firm's Burning Man campsite but gets treated badly and joins in when angry burners trash the private camp.

Peggy tries to bag groceries part time for extra income but is hurt that no one cares that she takes pride in her work. There is no cute scene where she works hard to earn enough money to help her family, just people ignoring her as she attempts to hold back tears. Then the only grocery store in town goes out of business and everyone has to shop at a liquor store with bars on the windows.

The tiny houses keep tipping over (like Luanne's trailer) and hank starts letting the tech kids camp in his backyard because they're his only customers (maybe one of them is the one who gets Luanne pregnant but he won't marry her because she's "trash," meanwhile he camps in her dad's backyard because rent is too high in the Bay Area). Bill and Dale's houses burnt down after the bank seized them. The tech kids stand in the alley with the guys drinking beer "ironically," the guys are too earnest to understand they are being mocked. Opening theme is now by Ed Sheeran

naem
May 29, 2011

Bombadilillo posted:

This is really bad.

Like the times we live in

naem
May 29, 2011

Sponge Baathist posted:

please note that Luann Platter is not Hank Hill's daughter and stop writing paragraphs about a show you have a pedestrian level of understanding.

New King of the hill would be as bad as new simpsons for many of the same reasons (much like my posting)

naem
May 29, 2011

naem
May 29, 2011

Hank hill is a celebration of an honest humble man who's achieved the middle class American dream

naem
May 29, 2011

naem
May 29, 2011

naem
May 29, 2011

naem
May 29, 2011

...and the pitch! posted:

Mike Judge and 20th Century Fox had some kind of falling out and they recut the film and didn't promote it for poo poo. The wikipedia article doesn't really clear it up.

His contract said he had to make five movies for them, and the fifth could be whatever he wanted and fox felt like idiocrasy was mocking them which it totally was

naem
May 29, 2011

naem
May 29, 2011

naem
May 29, 2011

Top Hats Monthly posted:

She died of pneumonia, then her husband died of pneumonia the next year. That’s extremely sad.

How does a young person die of pneumonia

naem
May 29, 2011

Bombadilillo posted:

Pneumonia is an opportunistic infection. It kills you when you are really sick from something else. You get terrible flu for a week then pneumonia shows up and offs you in 1 day.

That's why it kills a lot of olds and hiv/aids victims as the literal deathnail after other stuff. But anyone who gets really sick is susceptible to it.

seems like a bad evolutionary strategy

naem
May 29, 2011

Bombadilillo posted:

Your lungs are constantly bringing in new airborne bacteria and other microbes, you're breathing 24/7 after all.

As soon as you lose the ability to fight infections. Your super important, always exposed to new microbes, organs are the ones that fail. :shrug: just how it is.

I meant for the pneumonia, killing its hosts. Sorry for this derail rip Luanne

naem
May 29, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

most things that cause fatal pneumonia are only fatal because the person was already weak or had a suppressed immune system. pneumonia is not a specific disease, but rather a symptom of a variety of diseases. however, it is this symptom which kills people

I thought it was a bacteria or whatever but then I'm a proud, ignorant woman

naem
May 29, 2011

naem
May 29, 2011

Did someone here say koth will be on a adult swim in August or something

naem
May 29, 2011

Narrah Ya Rey Threh

naem
May 29, 2011

I'm apparently a huge fan of mike judge despite knowing nothing about him. I just like everything he's ever made, without knowing or caring who made it

naem
May 29, 2011

naem
May 29, 2011

you can pay 3 extra dollars for no commercials

naem
May 29, 2011

naem
May 29, 2011

“Bobby honey, what do you know about sexual relations?”

“I don’t know, not much!”

*pause*

I’m a little worried about bein’ a slut?”

naem
May 29, 2011

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I like this show King of the Hill.

https://youtu.be/uZBu4mtALFo

naem
May 29, 2011

I wouldn’t mind having that Matt Groeaiaûning money personally

I’d get really lazy myself with that kinda dough

naem
May 29, 2011

naem
May 29, 2011

mojo1701a posted:

Is "[inarticulate yelling]" actually part of the subtitles or was that just a meme or something?

naem
May 29, 2011

hank being a flawed person gives you the viewer to like or not like his beliefs or behaviors.

naem
May 29, 2011

naem
May 29, 2011

naem
May 29, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

ilmucche posted:

The double "t" in fitty really sells this. Where can I get one?

you can asked the person I stole it from on IMGUR