Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

How now gas man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Butane? That's bastard gas!

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

The Bible posted:

She revels in her mediocrity and truly believes it is all a sign of greatness.

Please don't doxx me.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

hawowanlawow posted:

just got a hearty lol out of Alan Rickman trying to do a Texas accent at the end of the renaissance fair episode

HOW NOW GAS MAN?

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Dog Dale Afternoon:

Dale: “If you’re going to shoot me, I want Bobby Hill to take the shot because Bobby will put me down clean.”

Bobby *reaching for police officer’s rifle* *sad look on his face*: “okay”

Hilarious at face value, if we were thinking it was an isolated absurdist Dale thing to say. And even funnier because this episode takes place after the episode where people learn that Bobby is a great shot. So it’s him truly believing Bobby would put him down clean.

What a show.

That's one of my absolute favorite jokes in the entire show.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Every boy in the 90s had creepy crawlers.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

hawowanlawow posted:

you gotta factor in joseph's extreme horniness though

Joseph represents the standard level of horniness for a boy his age.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Milo and POTUS posted:

Texas natives are way better about mexicans than transplants

*Somewhat better. They are also commonly racist as gently caress. Just less, "they need to go back to Mexico" and more "Mexicans are a permanent underclass for me to exploit at will and that's how things are supposed to be as they are clearly inferior to me". See my former inlaws who were puzzled about why when we needed to do some labor intensive home repairs that we didn't "just get some Mexicans to do it for you".

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Another Bill posted:

Please pardon my foreign ignorance, but isn't 'just get some mexicans outside home depot to do it for you' everywhere in the united states not just Texas?

I've heard that many times over the years, but I've never once encountered day laborers outside a home improvement store. Immigrants generally do get used for manual labor at a higher rate. But the idea that you can just go pick up some guys at a random place or know a guy who can get you some cheap under the table labor I've never seen outside of Texas.

I'm not saying that it's not something that happens other places, California, Arizona, Florida, etc., but it's not an everywhere thing. Where I live now has a decently sized hispanic population and I've never heard of someone doing that.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

It's too bad we only knew him...briefly.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

I am mister big.

But we've known each other since the second grade! When did this happen? First grade?

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Every line from Gilbert in that first episode is pure gold. It might be my favorite episode of the show.

This muggy November weather is giving me the horribles.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

wesleywillis posted:

Lemon lime gatorade is the worst drink ever.

I'm going to have to ask you firmly but politely to leave.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Poke Chop posted:

I don't think Hank has an untold love for scrabble, but Peggy would definitely have an irrational hatred of it.

'No, Hank. It is a completly different skillset.'

Also, did Peggy win any money at Boggle, or just the trophy? I would think winning a regional board game contest should pay for a room reno or a new deck.

I won a regional board game contest once. My prize, a copy of the game. Beats a trophy for sure.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

It was Splendor. I actually won that tournament two years in a row. Both times I actually won the game, a set of fancy promo playing pieces for the game, and a playing mat. I gave away the extras to a friend the first time and gave away the spare copy of the game the second.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Hank, nooooo.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

rally posted:

My wife has a new co worker named Peggy Hill. Does not respond well to being called Hanks wife.

To be fair, that's exactly how Peggy would react.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Hihohe posted:

Closest thing we have is https://carpeme.me/ But it only does scenes where people are talking so i couldnt get that old lady eating the Styrofoam cup.

What the hell, everyone knows that propane is the clean burning fuel of true Texans and butane is the bastard gas!

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Dad what do we do if people come into the KOTH thread to post qanon fanfic about dale gribble

We tell them politely but firmly to leave

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

The post credits line of Hank yelling "Alabaster!" absolutely killed me the first time I watched that episode. It still does, but it also did then.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

It's incredible how much better the voice acting and line delivery in King of the Hill is versus almost all other animated shows.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Star Man posted:

I probably couldn't tell you the difference between meat cooked with charcoal and meat cooked with propane

Here, I'll provide a guide.

If you taste the meat, and not the heat: sweet lady propane.
If you taste the heat, and not the meat: dirty, smoky, not clean burning charcoal.
If it just tastes wrong: the bastard gas butane.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

I'm gonna lose muh fair... :negative:

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Star Man posted:

The Choppers and ZZ Top episodes reek of someone wanting to either be on the show or Mike Judge wanted them on badly enough to make the episode about them as characters.

I always assumed that it was some dipshit executive at Fox pushing it on them since it coincided with the era where The Simpsons had celebrity guest focused episodes all the goddamn time.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Testikles posted:

So what's the deal with Joe Jack's absence in the Ace of Diamonds episode? It sounded like they killed him.off but he keeps showing up after

You don't wanna know, honey.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

That 70s show is very hard to watch now that I'm not 14.

It's also mildly terrifying to think that the number of years from the start of that show to now is longer than the start to the setting of the show. :psyduck:

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Buck Strickland is the exception to the rule.

After watching one tracking Trump speech, Hank would have seen how asinine he is and abstained in some way. My own parents are the most Regan-y of Regan Republicans and have voted straight down the line since they could vote and I believe them when they say that they couldn't bring themselves to vote for either in the last two and just left it blank.

Now Bill and Peggy on the other hand would have bought it hook, line, and sinker.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

I'd watch a series starring the ghosts of Cotton, Buckley, fiddy assorted German and Japanese dudes, and Cotton's shins.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Prof. Banks posted:

I'd watch a series starring the ghosts of Cotton, Buckley, fiddy assorted German and Japanese dudes, and Cotton's shins.

I guess there could be a few I-talians too.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

BlueBayou posted:

KOTH is really consistent over the seasons. It never hits the same level as, say, peak Simpsons, but its never awful.

Except Mrs Wakefield

I'm going to ask you firmly, but politely to leave.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Peggy: I believe there’s something wrong with that man’s anus.

That man has a medical condition.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

For me it was after season 5 when it seemed to become "how drunk and crazy can we make Lahey, and how many times can we get Ricky to mention weed without him just standing in front of a camera and saying 'weed' repeatedly for 23 minutes straight".

After season 5 is definitely where it started to rapidly deteriorate. Season 7 is the last of where it still has a smidge of what it was. Everything after that felt like a bad copy or parody of itself where it makes you wonder if they ever understood their own show and kinda pisses me off that it even exists.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Lol

https://twitter.com/Jox_in_a_Box/status/1696590144139067567?t=AO6KQumZnVvTcjZn2YCdwQ&s=19

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Have her be lying somewhere in the room for a bunch of episodes. Later it's revealed that she's been taxidermied and is just being drug from room to room by Hank.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Or even better, it's Peggy moving her around and Hank can't tell that she's been dead for years.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

BiggerBoat posted:

My grandfather worked for Coca Cola for decades back when you could work at a company for 40 years, work your way up and collect a pension and Pepsi products were strictly forbidden in the house and mocked at every turn. I think he actually believed that Pepsi was a bastard gas soft drink.

This was my grandpa except for vehicles made by Chrysler/Dodge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I know it was done for the lols but this always bothered me because there was a whole episode about Peggy teaching sex ed to Bobby's class. Apparently she didn't do a very good job.

It's Texas, gotta teach it abstinence only.