Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
: Hey, Bobby... Your mom's gonna teach sex ed

: I know

: We're gonna see her boobs.

*brief pause*

: ...So?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
A Q anon episode would be funnier if Dale immediately figures out that Q is all bullshit and goes tinfoil crazy trying to prove so and convince other people.

E. One of my favorite episodes is the one where Bobby grows roses.

Guy at head shop: Heh... So what kind of herb are you growing there?

Bobby: They're roses.

Guy: Oh. Those are legal now. You can grow em outside.

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Dec 15, 2018

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

A friend told me that the Quebec version of King of the Hill is called "Henri pis sa gang" (Henry and his gang) and the series takes place in a (real) small town in Eastern Quebec called Sainte-Irene (population: 300 or so, lol). As you can guess, a lot of references to Texas/America in general were changed to more local ones.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

<<Paulette, vien't'icitte, y'a du propane dans mon určtre, crisse.>>

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

muscles like this! posted:

How does the Quebecois version deal with the Canadian episode?

They didn't get that far into the translation. Something like the first two seasons were translated I believe?

Anyway. There's a very easy answer to your question. Ontarians.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Detective No. 27 posted:

Pu-heggee Hill.

Quoting this from pages back but my mum used to always laugh at that part.

His voice when he says it is perfect.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

But she has so many good anuses ahead of her!

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Hey Bobby.

Your mom's gonna teach sex ed.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

you broke my grill posted:

We're gonna get to see her boobs

Bobby: "...So? :("

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Deedee gets surprisingly very little air time.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

remembered the part where Joseph kissed Minh and instead of being shocked she found it hilarious.

it's a disturbing scene made funny because of Minh's reaction. "Oh yeah. You rock my world!"

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

smash mouth: :douche:

ladybird: *eats the egg while looking like a corpse*

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Khanstant posted:

this one with dale getting an office job is also pretty good. i could've seen them stretching out a bit more episodes but I can see why Mike Judge wouldn't want to go there. Still would love to see Dale in some corporate conspiracy hijinx. dale screaming about not being able to wear chinos and a knit shirt made me cut up hard, i dont think ive ever heard that word out loud and they're the pants that I associate mostly closely with the goon fashion thread advice for everyone(back in the day at least).

I love that episode but ever since I was a wee bab I had to close my eyes when Dale starts smashing up all the cockroaches. Insect gore makes me nauseous, lol, like why did they have to choose accurate coloring for that scene?

The rose growing episode will forever be my favorite, I think.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

SilvergunSuperman posted:

You're a loser! Which means I'm a loser! Which means my dad was right! You blew it, man!

I work at a florist and whenever I'm prepping roses I hear hank's voice say "we have to remove an interior petal..."

and lol at the judge for describing bobby's rose as a floribunda. bitch it's a hybrid tea, do you not see the single borne flowers on top of long sturdy canes?

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Quebec Hank is called Henry and the show takes place in Quebec.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Connie: "You've been to an R movie?"
Joseph: "Yeah but the only person naked was Harvey Keitel..."

Did Joseph sneak into The Piano as his R movie? LOL.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I hadn't realized Harvey whipped it out for every movie!

I think the idea of Joseph sneaking into an artful film, thinking it was a raunchy film because it was rated R is very funny.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I was just about to say the same. I can pick a few deliveries, and they all work.

That's hilarious, the first time I read the post, I also heard it a few different deliveries. I got an excited loud raspy take and a slow but very happy take.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

twistedmentat posted:

I'm just thinking of Dooley at the wedding

"you got married".

"You guys are gonna bone."

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

twistedmentat posted:

Dooley going up to some Trumpers

"Trump lost".

"You worshipped a false god."

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

BAE OF PIGS posted:

I'm not sure he's my favorite but Chuck Mangione is definitely up there.

*playing Taps at a funeral and quickly transitions to Feels so Good"

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

just now realized that khan and hank are anagrams

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Legitimately wasn't trying to dump on the op. Sorry... :smith:

You should! Dumping on me is fun and easy for the whole family!

Well, I probably should have put it a better way, so as not to come off as making GBS threads all over the realization. It really was meant as a kind of "and anything with the last names? No? Well, drat" sort of thing.

That's precisely how I took it! And I was mentally equipped for any jabs that may have been coming my way the moment I hit submit. As we all should.

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Oct 28, 2021

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

*gurgle gurgle*

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

External Organs posted:

The "entire Hill family gets addicted to cigarettes" episode is the weirdest poo poo. It's like a totally different show for an episode.

Haha, that was the episode that was playing when I convinced my baby-sitter (Mormon to boot!) that I was allowed to watch KotH. I must have been 7 or 8 but by the end of the episode I was feeling super proud of myself because I was like "see, it's a good show! It's about how smoking is bad!"

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

May

May

Maybe you should enter

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Hihohe posted:

Im so brain broken i was clocking in from work and i was sipping some coffee and I started doing the bobbing sipping and then hyperventilating

Sipp Sipp HUH HUH HUH SSIIIIPPPP

Lol, I used to do that a lot too. There seems to be a disease wherein the patient suffers from a constant stream of youtube poop playing in the backburner of their mind at all times. I hope this disease will qualify me for disability.

*sings O, Susanna in Oohs*

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

a creepy colon posted:

Cotton Hill is finally put into a home by Hank. Covid hits and the order is given for all federally funded nursing homes to be vaccinated... hijinx ensue when Dale must help Cotton escape the veterans nursing home through a series of hilarious schemes and plans while Hank tries to stop them

Also Peggy finally chops her dick off

cotton is dead and your ideas are very early 2000s haha aids

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

yeah hiv isnt a death sentence anymore i'd give boomhauer something worse

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Milo and POTUS posted:

There is no way he'd lose his job for this lol

Sadly he’d receive a high five and a trophy for his troubles

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

a creepy colon posted:

remake episode of 'keeping up with the jonses', but instead of cigarettes its mango juul pods

now that's the good poo poo

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I remember seeing billboards for that realtor when we drove through Barrie as a kid. It prompted everyone in the car including mom to do a Peggy impression. Mom’s favorite bit of hers was how Peggy tends to answer for other people.

“What’s your name, son?”
*peggy takes the mic* “his name is Bobby Hill!”

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

a creepy colon posted:

the best thing about Peggy is that she spits in the teachers break room coffee to try and make people sick so she can get more work. ur mom should have imitated that part of her character and spit in ur drinks every morning

She did, I was a c-section baby so I didn’t get all her gross germs the gods way so she spits in my drink to this day

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

destroyus bobby hillus

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Shishkahuben posted:

Hank inviting Bobby to get his haircut with him, and then Peggy pouring out his chocolate milk because he's too old for mom's haircuts now, and therefore also too old for chocolate milk

I love how bobby kicks his legs when he says "I'm gonna get chocolate milk!"

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I wish we got more of Didi. She was hilarious.

*Doctor hands her her baby after she gives birth* Didi: ...What's his name?

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

people who don't like koth ain't right (as demonstrated)

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

cotton walks in and sees Peggy in a full body cast

"Hank! What did you do to your wife?! I didn't teach you that."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Bill laughing at the website and then looking at it dreamily as Hank freaks out