Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
new ep of hardcore history's out, it's 6 hours long :getin:

Is there a podcast where someone just like reads old car manuals or my posts or some other kind of boring white noise? ive been listening to lou reads the internet to get to sleep bc I love his voice but most of the eps are either too gross or too interesting to zone out to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
memory palace is pretty boring/soothing. song exploder, depending on the song, might also do it for you

i haven't listened to it at all but 'getting on with james urbaniak' might also be good, depending on the ep, and assuming you like his voice

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
the adventure zone is good

accidental tech podcast is bad

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

cumtown is the best podcast and solely justifies the medium

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

A Pinball Wizard posted:

hell yeah

although i bought the back catalog and still have most of it to go through

the magnus archives is really good. it starts out just being kinda creepypasta, but really well done creepypasta. eventually gets to an overarching plot, but one thats actually planned out (dude says he has 5 seasons planned, after which it will end) unlike most of these fiction/audio drama podcasts

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
there is a podcast where someone just reads eve online commodity prices. thatd probably put anyone to sleep

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
sawbones is cool and good

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I hoped this would be about yospodcast : cartalk extends vehicletalk but it isn't.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

Mad Wack posted:

the adventure zone is good

accidental tech podcast is bad

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i recommend the entire mcelroy family brand of podcasting products, but esp my brother my brother and me and the adventure zone

Dongslayer. posted:

there is a podcast where someone just reads eve online commodity prices. thatd probably put anyone to sleep

this sounds perfect but I can't find it.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

A Pinball Wizard posted:

this sounds perfect but I can't find it.

eve prosper ?

looking at the blog and jesus christ who has this kind of time

korben
Aug 14, 2002
I enjoy risky business, infosec cyber hacking news/interviews

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
The F Plus (http://thefpl.us) is goons reading bad forum posts enthusiastically. listening to jack chick reading someone's opiate delivery technique involving butt plugs and rollerblading was pretty funny

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

power botton posted:

empty quoting whatever genius posted this

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

power botton posted:

if only for the thumbnail art

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
if you don't listen to mbmbam, coolgames inc, and the adventure zone i don't know what to tell you other than "listen to them"

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

it is, but tonally it would also be a good podcast for sleepin' to

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

atomicthumbs posted:

if you don't listen to mbmbam, coolgames inc, and the adventure zone i don't know what to tell you other than "listen to them"

their description doesn't sound very interesting tbqh

Symbolic Butt fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jan 29, 2017

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

Symbolic Butt posted:

their description doesn't sound very interesting tbqh

you can pretty much ignore the descriptions because what all 3 are really about is 3 very funny people doing improv for an hour

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
same but superego instead

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I like to listen to hardcore history sometimes even if it sounds iffy in places but I can't really put into words why

if some serious historian argued that hardcore history is bad I'd probably say "yeah I see what you mean"

A Pinball Wizard posted:

you can pretty much ignore the descriptions because what all 3 are really about is 3 very funny people doing improv for an hour

I see

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I like bill burr and other comedian podcasts that believe the truth lies somewhere in the middle

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
last podcast on the left is good

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
listen to this and this and if those don't do it for you then you're a terrible person it's probably not the podcast for you

Symbolic Butt posted:

I like to listen to hardcore history sometimes even if it sounds iffy in places but I can't really put into words why

if some serious historian argued that hardcore history is bad I'd probably say "yeah I see what you mean"

yeah but he's pretty good about making it clear that he's not a historian, just someone who reads a lot.

if you like history podcasts bbc history magazine's podcast is good for short features, they basically do interviews with actual historians about stuff from their magazines, lots of british history ofc but some fun things I would never have thought about, like the mail used to get delivered 3-5 times a day if you lived in the city so people communicated by using postcards almost like texts. you could get postcards with fun little anti-suffragist designs on them.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
we hate movies is super good too

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
mysterious universe is really good too if you want some ghosty UFO stuff. I've been listening to it for years and it's fantastic

here's a good article indictive of what type of thing they cover

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2017/01/healer-claims-she-can-cure-eye-problems-by-licking-eyeballs/

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

korben posted:

I enjoy risky business, infosec cyber hacking news/interviews

with occasional shoutouts to secfuck thread

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i listen to: twenty thousand hertz, uhh yeah dude, the moth, death sex and money, 99% invisible, and only human

they keep me awake at work because my job is boring af

Tavistock
Oct 30, 2010

if youre volcel checkout chapo trap house

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
i listen to the political gabfest because its 2017 and im still nostalgic about the colbert report

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The first 100 episodes of the Rooster Teeth podcast are really great, it started to nosedive after that though

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

A Pinball Wizard posted:

Is there a podcast where someone just like reads old car manuals or my posts or some other kind of boring white noise? ive been listening to lou reads the internet to get to sleep bc I love his voice but most of the eps are either too gross or too interesting to zone out to

this is fuckin GREAT for getting to sleep

https://www.sleepwithmepodcast.com/

dude makes up boring poo poo and talks with a creaky boring voice for an hour or so. i hardly ever make it through the intro without zonking out

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

Symbolic Butt posted:

I think the main roots of this are a) he was a talk radio show host for a while and still has that rush limbaugh-esque cadence which makes it feel like you're listening to a nutbag, and b) he tends to give equal time to minority or oddball historical theories, but at least does make it clear in those cases that there's a difference of opinion.

Also boxing analogies holy poo poo

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Arcsech posted:

I think the main roots of this are a) he was a talk radio show host for a while and still has that rush limbaugh-esque cadence which makes it feel like you're listening to a nutbag, and b) he tends to give equal time to minority or oddball historical theories, but at least does make it clear in those cases that there's a difference of opinion.

Also boxing analogies holy poo poo

Someone in D&D posted a fuckballs-amazing Dan Carlin impression, which made me realize how cliched and uninspired his sourcing was, but man, I love him anyway.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

we hate movies is super good too

a hard second on that. I've hurt myself laughing to this podcast.

you must remember this is awesome if you have even the faintest interest in Hollywood. Myths and Legends is pretty cool too, along with anything in the howstuffworks family. Dead Authors is great but it's not updating anymore, ditto I think with Superego.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

teen witch posted:

a hard second on that. I've hurt myself laughing to this podcast.

you must remember this is awesome if you have even the faintest interest in Hollywood. Myths and Legends is pretty cool too, along with anything in the howstuffworks family. Dead Authors is great but it's not updating anymore, ditto I think with Superego.

the best hollywood podcast is actually hollywood handbook an insiders guide to kicking butt and dropping names in the red carped lined back hallways of this industry we call showbiz

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

bump_fn posted:

the best hollywood podcast is actually hollywood handbook an insiders guide to kicking butt and dropping names in the red carped lined back hallways of this industry we call showbiz

and Hayes protested at JFK this weekend and is such a sweetie

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Windows Weekly with Leo Laporte, Paul Thurrott and Mary Jo Foley

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

FCKGW posted:

Windows Weekly with Leo Laporte, Paul Thurrott and Mary Jo Foley

long time no see!!!

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
the f plus is the best
lou reads is very good
we hate movies owns
the flop house is hilarious but has basically nothing to do with the useless movies it perfunctorily covers
film sack is an excellent podcast about bad movies and a terrible podcast about good movies

for something for the op to "zone out to" lou reads does have some boring episodes. there are a few that basically amount to "reading old car manuals" like the one that opens with a million-page gamefaq about cough syrup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

actually I just listen to chapo trap house and contemplate suicide

• Locked thread