Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FCKGW
May 21, 2006

A Pinball Wizard posted:

long time no see!!!

:banjo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i got really sick on vacation in a third world country (new zealand) and listened to all six episodes of 'blueprint for armageddon' back to back while i was deliriously drifting in and out of sleep, would recommend

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

power botton posted:

cumtown is the best podcast and solely justifies the medium

cum town is literally the best podcast and i urge everyone to listen

others i enjoy(ed)

norm macdonald live
risky biz
RHLSTP
law in action
99% invisible

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
for sleep the actual answer is dune audiobooks

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

bump_fn posted:

the best hollywood podcast is actually hollywood handbook an insiders guide to kicking butt and dropping names in the red carped lined back hallways of this industry we call showbiz

This is correct. Doughboys is also loving great.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
cumtown i don't really dig, it has some good highs but really low lows. I constantly think about this
https://twitter.com/cumtownpodcast/status/797515429187112960

but most of it's stuff like this
https://twitter.com/cumtownpodcast/status/802288461835304960

I'd rather just read Degg posts or something

also gotta suggest the Dollop, mainly a recent episode called Jet Pack Madness

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Bodega Boys

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
chapo trap house is good, has an excellent entry point being right after the election

comedy bang bang is a bit tough to access but it does have annual "best of" eps that are easy to get into and selected for the best material

talking simpsons with sa's own bobservo is p. deece if you grew up on the simpsons and want that sweet sweet nostalgia drip

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Kenny Logins posted:

chapo trap house is good, has an excellent entry point being right after the election

the interview with adam curtis is really really good

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Bloody posted:

I hoped this would be about yospodcast : cartalk extends vehicletalk but it isn't.

what's the schedule for this anyway

be sure to talk to the Internet mattress people for sponsorship, they'll sponsor anything

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i just listened to the new joe rogan podcast with alex jones and it was a v entertaining 4 hours imo

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

eschaton posted:

what's the schedule for this anyway

be sure to talk to the Internet mattress people for sponsorship, they'll sponsor anything

square motherfucking space dot com

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

poty posted:

square motherfucking space dot com

what's a landing page

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
isn't the hardcore history guy a hardcore libertarian

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
also i need a good podcast app

the stock ios one thinks it's hot poo poo in a champagne glass when it's actually cold diarrhea in a dixie cup

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the stock ios one thinks it's hot poo poo in a champagne glass when it's actually cold diarrhea in a dixie cup

overcast and the widow howlapp

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
yeah even though overcast is from marco arment it's still good

Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl
i like a way with words, partially derivative, linear digressions, 99% invisible, and the read

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
a getting to sleep thing that loving rules: just cue up the ol Bob Ross show on Netflix and just listen to the audio

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Kenny Logins posted:

comedy bang bang is a bit tough to access but it does have annual "best of" eps that are easy to get into and selected for the best material

talking simpsons with sa's own bobservo is p. deece if you grew up on the simpsons and want that sweet sweet nostalgia drip

thanks for talking simpsons. listened to 4 episodes and it's pretty drat good.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

isn't the hardcore history guy a hardcore libertarian

he has a politics podcast that I think is p. libertarian but I never listen to it, you would never know from his history podcasts (well maybe that slavery one)

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

pocketcasts

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
also dr honked thx for that podcast req for sleep with me, I really like the stuff the guy talks about but his voice is this really bright sharp edge to it that never lets me fully tune it out

he seems to be about the only game in town too :(

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

overcast is cool and i'm glad i paid for it when it was a paid app so i don't have to subscribe to get rid of ads

i hear good things about downcast and pocketcast also but they are not orange and thus idgaf

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Dr. Honked posted:

a getting to sleep thing that loving rules: just cue up the ol Bob Ross show on Netflix and just listen to the audio

i like to put on bob ross while i read the paper sometimes

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
I like Freakonomics, WTF With Marc Maron, Welcome To Nightvale, and Serial.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
the Freakonomics people are unrehabilitated Pinochet supporters

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
cbb is the best podcast

spontaneation is also p good

downcast is the best iOS podcast app but what sucks is you have to use the stock app to listen to podcasts on a Sonos system.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Dr. Honked posted:

i usually go to sleep listening to the sweet nothings and aftershock moans of the perfect 10 model sleeping next to me after making passionate love for 2 hours i recommend it

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Drop III Inches, a podcast about the Apple ///

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Bad Sneakers posted:

99% invisible

gently caress yeah just got my second challenge coin :whatup:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
fartcasts

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i listen to kpcc radio

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
cum town and el chapo traphouse aren't that good

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
someone make an anime podcast and let me talk about that poo poo

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

i listen to non-music ones at 1.5x speed

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

SmokaDustbowl posted:

cum town and el chapo traphouse aren't that good
newest chapo trap house has tim heidecker on as guest. give it a spin

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

cum town also had a spectacular interview with David cross, godfather of alt comedy

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

Kenny Logins posted:

newest chapo trap house has tim heidecker on as guest.

Is this supposed to make me want to listen?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

A Pinball Wizard posted:

Is this supposed to make me want to listen?
depends. he's a pretty good guest completely independent of what you might think of his tv/movie work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

SmokaDustbowl posted:

someone make an anime podcast and let me talk about that poo poo

• Locked thread