Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'd rather do a 20 dollar goon league than a 20 dollar yahoo H2H if any of you are down fo rthat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I'm gonna start a $20 with a snake draft and normal or semi-normal H2H cats since my other Goon league died. Sometime this week with a draft in mid or late March.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I'm down for a goon league or two.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I have no willpower and drafted another league just now.

I waited too long on pitching, I am aware of this.

yahoo 12 team H2H 5x5

SP: Greinke, Harvey, Keuchel, Reyes, Paxton, Estrada, Eickhoff, Glasnow
RP: Oh, Watson, Maurer, Bedrosian

I think I like my other team better, not crazy about this pitching.

I think you have a solid top four and you can stream your way to victory (hopefully) with the other four.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
I'd be game for a goon league or two as well. Prefer H2H, but I don't really care how out there the categories are. Somebody had a league that counted putouts, which would be hilarious.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Finally a baseball thread. Didn't notice because I've been avoiding SA like the plague. Salt-mining in the Superbowl GDT thread brought me back. :)

I'll give up my spot in my goon keeper league. I'm not a big H2H guy.

For anyone interested, I believe it's H2H-One win, 6x6. Traditional categories and OPS/Holds. 10 teams, $10 buy-in.

Keeper rules: 3 players, no restrictions. Best players are Blackmon, Marte, and Bogaerts. And Jose Fernandez :sigh:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anyone know when ESPN's leagues are coming back on?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'd prefer a pretty straight forward 20 dollar H2H league. I'm not smart enough at baseball to have random rear end categories.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

can't believe I had Mookie, Donaldson, Kinsler, and Rizzo on the same loving team last year and still got 3rd place. I'm never going to have a better goddamn batting lineup than that.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MinibarMatchman posted:

can't believe I had Mookie, Donaldson, Kinsler, and Rizzo on the same loving team last year and still got 3rd place. I'm never going to have a better goddamn batting lineup than that.

Trout, Mookie, Machado, Corey Seager ----> dead last :gonk:

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.

IcePhoenix posted:

Wha? How is that even possible?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Conspicuously missing: pitching staffs

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
Yeah I need to see that pitching staff. I came in second in one of my pro yahoo leagues last year with a terrible staff of carrasco, half year archer/half year hill, and beyond that it was streaming and scrub waiver wire pickups. I did have britton and osuna though. My offense was good but not that good: Wilson Ramos, Encarnacion, Machado, Corey Seager, Starling Marte. Also picked up Morales and Justin Turner off waivers.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Doghouse posted:

Wha? How is that even possible?

Injuries, bad pitching, and bad h2h luck. Also it's a ten team league (:barf:) so the gap in talent is lower.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MinibarMatchman posted:

My first three picks were Harper - Marte - Betts. If Harper had the year he was supposed to have :argh:

Also Older Seager - Younger Seager - Trea Turner - Hosmer - Wilson Contreras as my infield. My pitching was supposed to be super top tier secret guys from Grey's list and they all took turns melting down for 7+ runs a game. I also traded Kyle Hendricks away for Zach Grienke D:

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

What's your auction strategy? Go 95% hitting and $1 pitchers? Corner the market on a stat? Go all in on a few high dollar players, filling out the rest with cheap guys? Or cobble something together like I did.

C: Yadi Molina
1B: Edwin Encarnacion
2B: Jose Altuve
3B: Ryon Healy
SS: Carlos Correa
OF: Nelson Cruz, Melky Cabrera, Ender Inciarte
UT: Carlos Santana, Victor Martinez
BN: Rajai Davis

SP: Clayton Kershaw, Max Scherzer, Michael Pineda, Jon Gray, Jharel Cotton
RP: Rasiel Iglesias, Brandon Maurer, Andrew Miller, Shawn Kelley, Addison Reed, Neftali Feliz, Kyle Barraclough

Some dude kept stealing my cheap hitters as bench guys when I didn't even have my starters filled.
It's a little top-heavy.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Moneyball posted:

What's your auction strategy? Go 95% hitting and $1 pitchers? Corner the market on a stat? Go all in on a few high dollar players, filling out the rest with cheap guys? Or cobble something together like I did.

C: Yadi Molina
1B: Edwin Encarnacion
2B: Jose Altuve
3B: Ryon Healy
SS: Carlos Correa
OF: Nelson Cruz, Melky Cabrera, Ender Inciarte
UT: Carlos Santana, Victor Martinez
BN: Rajai Davis

SP: Clayton Kershaw, Max Scherzer, Michael Pineda, Jon Gray, Jharel Cotton
RP: Rasiel Iglesias, Brandon Maurer, Andrew Miller, Shawn Kelley, Addison Reed, Neftali Feliz, Kyle Barraclough

Some dude kept stealing my cheap hitters as bench guys when I didn't even have my starters filled.
It's a little top-heavy.

drat that's a really nice team, you're probably selling one of your pitchers midway through the season for a bat tho

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
This is my Yahoo squad I just drafted, I picked 12th in a 12 team h2h league

Pos Player AB H R HR RBI SB AVG
C Gary Sánchez NYY - C 201 60 34 20 42 1 .299
1B Kendrys Morales Tor1B-OF 558 147 65 30 93 0 .263
2B Jean Segura Sea - 2B,SS 637 203 102 20 64 33 .319
3B Justin Turner LAD - 3B 556 153 79 27 90 4 .275
SS Corey Seager LAD - SS 627 193 105 26 72 3 .308
OF Bryce Harper Was - OF 506 123 84 24 86 21 .243
OF José Ramírez Cle - 3B,OF 565 176 84 11 76 22 .312
OF Marcell Ozuna Mia - OF 557 148 75 23 76 0 .266
Util Eduardo Núñez SF - 3B,SS 553 159 73 16 67 40 .288
Util José Peraza Cin - 2B,SS,OF 241 78 25 3 25 21 .324
BN Tommy Joseph Phi - 1B 315 81 47 21 47 1 .257
BN Didi Gregorius NYY - SS 562 155 68 20 70 7 .276
BN Cameron Rupp Phi - C 389 98 36 16 54 1 .252
BN César Hernández Phi - 2B 547 161 67 6 39 17 .294

Pitchers (9)
Pos Player IP W SV K ERA WHIP
SP Justin Verlander Det - SP 227.2 16 0 254 3.04 1.00
SP Johnny Cueto SF - SP 219.2 18 0 198 2.79 1.09
RP Mark Melancon SF - RP 71.1 2 47 65 1.64 0.90
RP Addison Reed NYM - RP 77.2 4 1 91 1.97 0.94
P Kyle Hendricks ChC - SP 190.0 16 0 170 2.13 0.98
P Tanner Roark Was - SP 210.0 16 0 172 2.83 1.17
P Júnior Guerra Mil - SP 121.2 9 0 100 2.81 1.13
P Marco Estrada Tor - SP 176.0 9 0 165 3.48 1.12
BN Brandon Kintzler Min - RP 54.1 0 17 35 3.15 1.23

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

IcePhoenix posted:

Shame on you!

Also there is a big difference in leagues with big benches that charge for bench moves and free leagues that have small benches and lots of pitchers on waivers.
On ESPN leagues i can make the playoffs every freaking time with unlimited streaming of pitchers. If i'm in a real league with limited moves then you can finish last with a bad pitching staff.

chilihead fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Feb 9, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

chilihead posted:

Shame one you!

I don't think there are any more of me to shame

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Honestly last year's pitching was ridiculous. Pitchers would go out and have a decent sub 3 era game then get absolutely demolished the next game. My H2H team died in the playoffs with a legit 9 era for the week despite my ridiculous bats, and my roto team was complete trash because I didn't know who was going to gently caress me that day. It felt like every week was set off on a sour note because a Monday night pitcher on my team would get shellacked.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
I didn't see this on the OP, but @closernews is a great twitter follow, and is a good idea for mobile notifications if you want to build your RP through the waiver wire.

Last season I punted closers in the draft in my money league, and still finished second in the category (12-team league, weekly rosters) by pouncing on closer changes. Won the league because of that.

Also https://www.closermonkey.com is a great site for depth charts and vulture saves.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doltos posted:

Honestly last year's pitching was ridiculous. Pitchers would go out and have a decent sub 3 era game then get absolutely demolished the next game. My H2H team died in the playoffs with a legit 9 era for the week despite my ridiculous bats, and my roto team was complete trash because I didn't know who was going to gently caress me that day. It felt like every week was set off on a sour note because a Monday night pitcher on my team would get shellacked.

It was. I had a run where Kenta Maeda was my best starter. gently caress pitching.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
"I have faith in a lot of down-draft hitters. Time to invest in Matt Harvey." - me, an idiot

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

It's me again, the dude with no willpower.

team #3 (not crazy about this team.... oh well)

12 team H2H 5x5

C: Vogt
1B: Goldschmidt
2B: Murphy
3B: Bregman
SS: Story
OF: Braun
OF: Polanco
OF: Bautista
UTIL: Diaz
UTIL: Justin Turner
BN: Baez
BN: Mazara

SP: Archer, Sanchez, McCullers, Wainwright, Reyes, Eickhoff, Glasnow
RP: Davis, Colome, Maurer, Bedrosian

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Rand alPaul posted:

Anyone know when ESPN's leagues are coming back on?

I'm watching a Facebook live with Tristan Cockcroft right now and he said next week

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's me again, the dude with no willpower.

team #3 (not crazy about this team.... oh well)

12 team H2H 5x5

C: Vogt
1B: Goldschmidt
2B: Murphy
3B: Bregman
SS: Story
OF: Braun
OF: Polanco
OF: Bautista
UTIL: Diaz
UTIL: Justin Turner
BN: Baez
BN: Mazara

SP: Archer, Sanchez, McCullers, Wainwright, Reyes, Eickhoff, Glasnow
RP: Davis, Colome, Maurer, Bedrosian

Mock or real league? That's a slow-rear end team.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Here's the $20 H2H league you people wanted!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3809480

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Someone tell me to stop way overthinking things and to keep Mookie in the second round instead of Yu in the 14th or Schwarber in the 25th

it's that same 10-team league

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

Someone tell me to stop way overthinking things and to keep Mookie in the second round instead of Yu in the 14th or Schwarber in the 25th

stop way overthinking things and keep Mookie in the second round instead of Yu in the 14th or Schwarber in the 25th

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Thanks I needed that.

I kept looking at them and being like :byodood: BUT THE VALUE

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Hah, I'm in that same league. I think the change to the keeper rules means I get to keep Arenado again, this time in the 15th. I'm thinking him, Lindor in the 24th, and Syndergaard in the 25th.

e: Or maybe Dozier in the 6th, I'm not sure yet.

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Feb 10, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I like that the new keeper rules will mean I get to keep Mookie (2), Machado (7), and Seager (24) below their value for 15 years

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm considering taking Mookie second overall this year if I get a chance so yeah, second round.

Also more people sign up for the goon h2h league

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

Doltos posted:

I'm considering taking Mookie second overall this year if I get a chance so yeah, second round.

Also more people sign up for the goon h2h league

i would join a goon league but cbs and yahoo aren't letting missouri residents play pro leagues this year :qq:

yahoo says they are working with the state to figure something out by march, when the permanent law kicks in (it's been some kind of temporary law) but who knows. What am I going to do :qq:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Doghouse posted:

i would join a goon league but cbs and yahoo aren't letting missouri residents play pro leagues this year :qq:

yahoo says they are working with the state to figure something out by march, when the permanent law kicks in (it's been some kind of temporary law) but who knows. What am I going to do :qq:

Literally just sign up and pay outside of the league. We'll probably just paypal everyone the 20 bucks at the end of the season anyway. This is your opportunity to skate around dumb gambling laws.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Moneyball posted:

Mock or real league? That's a slow-rear end team.

Real.... yeah, not my best team, probably my worst.

Aaaaaand my buddy talked me into yet another league which just drafted.

12 team h2h 5x5

C: Wilson Contreras
1B: Miguel Cabrera
2B: Jonathan Villar
3B: Manny Machado
SS: Trevor Story
OF: Andrew McCutchen
OF: Jackie Bradley Jr.
OF: Stephen Piscotty
UTIL: Alex Bregman
UTIL: Eduardo Nunez
BN: Dustin Pedroia
BN: Hunter Renfroe

SP: Chris Archer, Zack Greinke, Aaron Sanchez, Adam Wainwright, James Paxton, Drew Smyly, Ivan Nova
RP: Sam Dyson, Brandon Maurer, Cam Bedrosian, Neftali Feliz

Closers went super early so mine aren't great.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Real.... yeah, not my best team, probably my worst.

Aaaaaand my buddy talked me into yet another league which just drafted.

12 team h2h 5x5

C: Wilson Contreras
1B: Miguel Cabrera
2B: Jonathan Villar
3B: Manny Machado
SS: Trevor Story
OF: Andrew McCutchen
OF: Jackie Bradley Jr.
OF: Stephen Piscotty
UTIL: Alex Bregman
UTIL: Eduardo Nunez
BN: Dustin Pedroia
BN: Hunter Renfroe

SP: Chris Archer, Zack Greinke, Aaron Sanchez, Adam Wainwright, James Paxton, Drew Smyly, Ivan Nova
RP: Sam Dyson, Brandon Maurer, Cam Bedrosian, Neftali Feliz

Closers went super early so mine aren't great.

How do you pay attention to 4 leagues at once, and I'm suspecting you're going to be in 4 more before spring training even starts

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Doltos posted:

How do you pay attention to 4 leagues at once, and I'm suspecting you're going to be in 4 more before spring training even starts

Haha, I have one more league that is non-normal settings (OBP, QS, SV/HLD) that will draft the last week of spring training, but that's it, no more. I did do 8 leagues 2 years ago and that was way too many. I'll probably end up not paying attention to 1 or 2 of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spoeank posted:

I'm watching a Facebook live with Tristan Cockcroft right now and he said next week

Okay good because I gotta send another round of emails out before bumping people from HGH and Centaur Paintings.

• Locked thread