Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
those are fine trades i guess, but polanco/myers and cespedes/archer are going around the same point in the draft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Doghouse posted:

those are fine trades i guess, but polanco/myers and cespedes/archer are going around the same point in the draft

I significantly upgraded my catcher in the Myers trade, and in the Cespedes trade Nunez is going about 90 spots later than Fulmer.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I significantly upgraded my catcher in the Myers trade, and in the Cespedes trade Nunez is going about 90 spots later than Fulmer.

oh

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Another trade in a different league:

Gave:

Gregory Polanco
Brandon Maurer
Stephen Vogt

Got:

Wil Myers
Willson Contreras

this trade is good because you equalized the weird Ls

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

anyone use pod projections?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Abel Wingnut posted:

anyone use pod projections?

Never heard of it. I usually look at the Fangraphs ones and take them with a grain of salt.

Except they have Andrew Miller as literally the best pitcher in baseball which I'm kinda buying. Best WHIP, ERA and K/9 per ZiPS

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

think fangraphs uses pod. they factor in ball distribution data and expected rates from what i can see. seems promising

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I have used Pod before, and really like them. I get a lot out of Podhorzer's xStats articles so I thought I'd support him.
What I have done is that I use those projections as a baseline for z scores or something. Then move guys up and down based on what I think their growth/upside or decline/downside are like. But the baseline of those stats and his formulas has had me feeling good about the starting point compared to other systems.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

exactly how i was planning to use them--thanks for the rec. his articles are the best part of fangraphs.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Abel Wingnut posted:

exactly how i was planning to use them--thanks for the rec. his articles are the best part of fangraphs.

Yeah, then I'd def recommend them to you. He updates twice a week through the month of March (wed/sun, I think) so you can always get an updated sheet after the latest news.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

Except they have Andrew Miller as literally the best pitcher in baseball which I'm kinda buying. Best WHIP, ERA and K/9 per ZiPS

Eduardo Rodriguez not so much :negative:

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

225 budget, obp instead of avg, slg and qs added, can keep any amount up to 6.

schwarber @ 10
rizzo @ 30
donaldson @ 35
dee @ 10
j upton @ 10
j turner @ 10
c seager @ 25
bogaerts @ 25

definitely schwarber and seager. almost definitely donaldson and rizzo, though i might want to move them before the draft. bogaerts would love to move too. not really sure on the rest. dee almost certainly not. thoughts?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Spoeank posted:

Never heard of it. I usually look at the Fangraphs ones and take them with a grain of salt.

With Miller you may be punting on both W/QS and SV, though.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I didn't say for fantasy baseball purposes, just overall he's tops in those 3 categories.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Spoeank posted:

I didn't say for fantasy baseball purposes, just overall he's tops in those 3 categories.

Oh, yeah, he's a loving killing machine and he's working on a changeup now too.

I have a feeling a lot of people are gonna burn a too-high draft pick on him this season, though.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

Oh, yeah, he's a loving killing machine and he's working on a changeup now too.

I have a feeling a lot of people are gonna burn a too-high draft pick on him this season, though.

His ADP is around 100 which is justifiable in some leagues but is too rich for my blood.

If you're gonna go that route just get Dylan Dellin 50 picks later.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

Spoeank posted:

just get Dylan Dellin 50 picks later.

Or both :whatup:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Any goons who were in my goon league last year: invites have been sent out and I'm sorry for my lovely commishing last year. It won't happen again.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Last year I kept Miller, then dropped him for Betances when Miller broke his hand, then picked him back up before opening day (then dropped him for Melancon on the WW in the first couple of weeks.)

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Well looks like in my 12 team roto R, RBI, SB, OPS | IP, ERA, WHIP, K (162 start limit) I will be keeping Harper at 29$ and Myers at 9$. I could keep Desmond at 16$ too but that feels both too on value and ...I'm not sure I want Desmond haha.
Feels fine, got hopefully a CIF locked up with a cheap Myers (even factoring in regression) and a #1 OF.

E: Actually I could keep Hendricks at 13$ too...

ChiTownEddie fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Feb 28, 2017

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

ChiTownEddie posted:

Well looks like in my 12 team roto R, RBI, SB, OPS | IP, ERA, WHIP, K (162 start limit) I will be keeping Harper at 29$ and Myers at 9$. I could keep Desmond at 16$ too but that feels both too on value and ...I'm not sure I want Desmond haha.
Feels fine, got hopefully a CIF locked up with a cheap Myers (even factoring in regression) and a #1 OF.

E: Actually I could keep Hendricks at 13$ too...

I would keep new Colorado Rockie Desmond at $16

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Why is fantasybaseballalerts sending emails about guys being benched for spring training games? :psyduck:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

coronaball posted:

Why is fantasybaseballalerts sending emails about guys being benched for spring training games? :psyduck:

Look at this guy who doesn't play Spring Training Fantasy Baseball.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
It's still real to me dammit.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Jon Gray.

Discuss.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Spoeank posted:

Jon Gray.

Discuss.

Coors. :barf:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Spoeank posted:

Jon Gray.

Discuss.

In an NL-only league, maybe. You're pretty much punting on ERA but his WHIP was serviceable and he was top-10 for Ks and K/9 (actually #9 K/9 for both leagues.)

If you have bench space and can grab him late you could treat him like a streamer in away games and probably do pretty well. I'd rather bank on actually streaming him, though.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Mar 1, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Jon Gray had more than half his starts go for 2 ER or less.

His ERA was higher on the road than at home.

His K-BB% is near-elite.

His HR/FB% was at its worst when his ERA was at its lowest.

What the gently caress are you up to Jon Gray.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Mar 1, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Spoeank posted:

Jon Gray had more than half his starts go for 2 ER or less.

His ERA was higher on the road than at home.

His K-BB% is near-elite.

His HR/FB% was at its worst when his ERA was at its lowest.

What the gently caress are you up to Jon Gray.

Shame on me for not checking splits. :saddowns:

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I think he might be well on the way to figuring out how to pitch at Coors (and also how to be able to pitch outside Colorado; is apparently hard to switch back and forth).

He has really, really nasty stuff and has a great k rate. I'm in for sure this year, he'll come cheap and has insane upside (see: last year's complete game 16-k shutout)

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Hope no one here drafted David Price yet. :rip:

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

is donaldson batting 2nd, 3rd, or 4th this season?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

another trade I just did:

Gave:

Paxton
Grichuk
Vogt

Got:

Fulmer
Grandal

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Thought I got the site from here but its not in the OP so maybe not.

Pitcherlist is also a good site to follow with really solid pitcher rankings

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

the_american_dream posted:

Also so many gifs.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

the_american_dream posted:

Follow his rankings at your own risk. He was encouraging everyone to draft stroman and wainwright last year. The gifs are super awesome tho

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Doghouse posted:

Follow his rankings at your own risk. He was encouraging everyone to draft stroman and wainwright last year. The gifs are super awesome tho

I only found out about the site during the season, but his round-ups and streaming stuff is real helpful.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Updated OP with Pitcherlist. I just took the websites from weas' OP last year before pitcherlist.com was a thing.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Updated OP with Pitcherlist. I just took the websites from weas' OP last year before pitcherlist.com was a thing.

I'd also add rotochamp.com, I find it pretty useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Gave:

Greinke
Mazara

Got:

Verlander

• Locked thread