Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I think Rock The House MD has Reyes on 3 of the 4 teams he's already drafted lol

This is why you don't draft in February.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I find that Yahoo randomly shows game times in Pacific time every once in a while and eventually just reverts back to Eastern. No idea why. I don't change any settings.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Matt Bush is a good stash for those of you looking for closers. Sam Dyson is a tire fire right now.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

As a Chris Sale owner and Blue Jays fan, that was a bullshit way for that game to finish.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Alex Bregman is a good buy low, yes? Haven't seen any Astro games this year.

I'm desperate for SS help and he's 2 starts away from gaining SS eligibility on Yahoo. Think I might be able to get him cheap-ish before he gains eligibility.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Was thinking about grabbing Beckham too, but he will probably be battling Matt Duffy for a starting spot once he's healthy. May not be a viable long term option.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

the_american_dream posted:

Lol what a great day to stream aj loving griffin

:hfive:

Streamed him in a points league with bonuses for complete games and shutouts.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Would you rather have Justin Wilson or Matt Bush? Points league with an emphasis on strikeouts.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Carlos Santana getting his 4th start in RF tonight. Hopefully he gets number 5 tomorrow and gains OF eligibility because I'm really hurting there.

It's only a 2 game series in Cincinnati so it'll be another few weeks for him to gain eligibility if he gets tomorrow off.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

Carlos Santana getting his 4th start in RF tonight. Hopefully he gets number 5 tomorrow and gains OF eligibility because I'm really hurting there.

It's only a 2 game series in Cincinnati so it'll be another few weeks for him to gain eligibility if he gets tomorrow off.

:whatup:

Santana with start number 5 in RF tonight.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Spoeank posted:

The Cubs have a bunt defensive alignment that forces them to classify Rizzo as a 2B for one play. 4 more and he has 2B eligibility.

6 more. Yahoo counts down.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Sounds like Jose de Leon is getting called up.

e: Confirmed, but his role is unclear. They did just play 15 innings yesterday.

Gobias Ind. fucked around with this message at 19:04 on May 29, 2017

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

bewbies posted:

I have Votto, Abreu, Zimmerman, and Santana as 1Bs in a points league. I need help at OF. Any thoughts about which of those guys I should dangle, and who I should target? IE, currently undervalued OFs....

edit - I could also really use a SS.

Where is your league hosted and how is positional eligibility determined? Carlos Santana is now OF eligible on Yahoo because he starts in RF when Cleveland is in an NL park. He could potentially become OF eligible for you too down the line (haven't looked at Cleveland's schedule).

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

bewbies posted:

This is on ESPN, he still needs 5 more games to be OF eligible (I was hoping for this solution)

Hmm yeah, looks like Cleveland only has 5 games left in NL parks, so assuming he doesn't start any at home he'll need to start all 5 of those and that still wouldn't get you eligibility until towards the end of July.

I think I'd try to move Zimmerman. His value is high and his injury history is not great.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Just turned Jason Vargas into JD Martinez. Thanks for that CGSO Jason! :thumbsup:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Springer leaves the game after getting hit on the hand with a pitch in the top of the 1st. :sigh:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Hi friends. I would appreciate some feedback on a trade I'm considering proposing. Work league is a 7 team AL-only points league. I'm currently sitting in 3rd, but I'm closer to 1st than I am to 4th.

Jonathan Schoop is just sitting out there as a free agent and is currently the 21st highest scoring player in our league (185 points). It's making me consider dealing Altuve for help elsewhere. Points with our scoring in brackets.

My lineup:

C: McCann (134), Ramos (1)
1B: Santana (178)
2B: Altuve (234.5)
3B: Seager (152), Beltre (80), Moustakas (180)
SS: Gregorius (128), Tim Beckham (101)
OF: JD Martinez (125), Springer (213), Khris Davis (160.5), Trey Mancini (143)

We start C/1B/2B/3B/SS/OF/OF/OF/UTIL so I can only start 2 3B at a time. I've been trying to move one for weeks. I'm considering offering Altuve/Moustakas for Bogaerts (198.5)/Nelson Cruz (191). Dropped Hicks for Mancini, but I'd drop him for Schoop. Ramos/Beckham are just guys to make up games to try to maximise my starts (Beckham is 1B, 2B, SS eligible)

I love Altuve but I feel like a starting lineup of McCann/Santana/Schoop/Seager/Bogaerts/Martinez/Springer/Cruz/Beltre is probably stronger going forward than my current McCann/Santana/Altuve/Seager/Gregorius/Martinez/Springer/Davis/Beltre lineup.

Thoughts?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Seems like half of the league has gone on paternity leave the last couple weeks. Gonna be a strong draft in 2035.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

What's the deal with Kyle Seager? Is he going to have a big second half? I don't know enough about batted ball profiles to know what to look for.

Would you rather have Seager or Moustakas ROS?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Anyone here play in an AL or NL only league on Yahoo?

I could swear that in the past if guys were traded to the other league at the deadline, you could continue to roster them and count their stats. But it's never actually happened to one of my players so I can't be 100% sure.

But now I own JD Martinez and just noticed that his stats from last night show up on my team page, but were excluded from the overnight update. Am I just screwed? Because fuuuuuuuuck that. :(

Why wouldn't he just disappear from the player list? Why would Yahoo let you keep rostering guys whose points won't count?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Michael Brantley, why must you be made of glass? :sigh:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Keuchel owner is panicking. Buy low, yes? Or is there real concern there?

Semi related: which of Berrios, Faria, and Manaea would you most be willing to move? Redraft points league with a premium on wins and strikeouts.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Monday_ posted:

Danny Salazar

:hfive:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Danny Salazar back on the DL out of nowhere. Wtf.

I've lost Salazar, Faria, Santana, McCann, Brantley, and Gallo over the last like...10 days.

Gobias Ind. fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Aug 22, 2017

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

The Pussy Boss posted:

Danny Salazar moved to the bullpen for the rest of the year? Buhhhhh?

Oh for gently caress's sake

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Danny Salazar is going to start Thursday against the Angels.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Good Dog posted:

H2h in the finale is so stupid. Moreso with the final week being the final mlb season when good players are getting rested for the postseason and pitchers are skipping starts to line up for playoff rotations. Sale pitches today, does he start Sunday or should I drop him and pick up another starter for more strikeouts and potential win? Rapidly changing your team in the final to cheese out extra starts is stupid.

Also I assume Yadi and Turner are dead and will basically be rested till the end of season. All this after blowing out my opponent 10-0 and crushing every category in the semi finals.

I'm also in the Sale boat and will be shocked if he pitches on Sunday, even though he's lined up to. The only way I see him pitching is if they haven't locked up the division yet, which is unlikely.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

My points league is insanely close and coming down to the last 5 days. 3 of us are within 10 points of each other (and we've scored 5400 points).

I think I'm the only one that realizes that you can exceed the innings limit on the day that you surpass it though. So I'm going to get as low as I can by Saturday and load up on Sunday's starters. Should I feel bad if this is how I win? It's not breaking any rules, but it feels a little wrong.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Popero posted:

I think that's foul play, but I guess reasonable people may disagree. The same issue exists on ESPN for leagues with start limits, if you are under on Sunday you can start as many guys as you want. Our commissioner always reverts the starts that go after the limit is reached.

Frankly if your rules have an innings cap, I'm not sure it's not against the rules even if your platform doesn't automatically enforce it.

IcePhoenix posted:

Innings limit is hard because if you're like 19 under and start three guys that all go 7+ innings (and maybe get an inning or two from closers) it's not really your fault for picking good pitchers and I don't like the idea for punishing people in that case (which is why it probably allows you to go over the limit on the day you do).

But if you blow way past it intentionally then that's different. I'm about as rules lawyer-y as it gets and even I wouldn't do that.

bewbies posted:

starts limit is much preferable to innings limit in my opinion.

Yeahhh, I agree with all of this. I guess the solution is to just try and get as close as possible to the limit, with a few extra incidental innings being fine.

I shouldn't have asked. Now I feel worse about it, won't do it, and will lose as a result :v:

e: Unless I see one of the other guys doing it, in which case gently caress it

Gobias Ind. fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Sep 27, 2017

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Rand alPaul posted:

Jose Berrios is pitching right now in relief which absolutely fucks me on fantasy baseball because I was counting on him starting tomorrow. Thanks, Paul Molitor :(

What stats do you need? Because he's in line for the win!

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Sale is going to start tomorrow if the division is on the line. Go Yankees, go Astros.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

My points league is insanely close and coming down to the last 5 days. 3 of us are within 10 points of each other (and we've scored 5400 points).

I think I'm the only one that realizes that you can exceed the innings limit on the day that you surpass it though. So I'm going to get as low as I can by Saturday and load up on Sunday's starters. Should I feel bad if this is how I win? It's not breaking any rules, but it feels a little wrong.

Update: I elected to go the honourable route. But then one of the other guys loaded up 6 starters on Saturday despite him having 5 innings left to use. In reaction I grabbed McHugh and Bridwell on Friday (having Anibal Sanchez and Chris Sale already slated to start on Sunday in my lineup). First thing Saturday morning he dropped all those guys and picked up every remaining starter for Sunday, so I was left with those 4 guys. When Boston won I grabbed Hector Velazquez to start for Sale.

Most of the guys he picked up for Saturday were duds, so I was down 33 points going into Sunday.

The results:

:bubblewoop:

e: I'm an idiot and can't seem to display the image

Gobias Ind. fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Oct 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Right click the image and pick "copy image location" or whatever your browser's equivalent is, then paste that.

Also gently caress I hate how bloated the new forums look is.

Thanks!

• Locked thread