Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Good stuff.

I don't think I can get on the Juan Nicasio train of pain again though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

Moneyball posted:

Alex Wood with 6 strong innings and 10k at Coors. Some other gems there recently. What is this bizarro world?

Arenado, Blackmon, Cargo, Desmond, Reynolds, etc.. shouldn't be so easy.

He has been crazy good lately. I wasn't thrilled with needing to start him but I'm happy to have plucked him off the wire. He went from a go to stream to being my replacement for Bumgarner for now.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
My wonderful neighbor started blaring music at 4 am. I rolled over, checked my phone and saw Ian Happ went unclaimed in my keeper league. Yay I guess, he has to be an upgrade over what I am getting out of EE/Hanley/Dee Gordon at UTIL or 2B.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

Spoeank posted:

Ian Happ is a ~*~CuBs PrOsPeCt~*~ who hit a dinger in his first at bat and caused everyone to lose their mind and forget there are eleventy billion people ahead of him on the depth chart but they're all dead for a few more days.

He's getting a cup of coffee and people are losin' it

Yeah that's par for the course, especially for the Cubs. It started with Bryant, for good reason, but then the hype train went into another gear for Schwarber, Russell, Baez and Contreras. Happ is the next man up and I'm sure Jimenez will be viewed as the next best thing to Moncada soon.

I don't even know a thing about Happ, but I just hope he is keeper worthy. One guy in the league has built a super outfield of Benintendi, Judge and Trea Turner all without ever needing a number one waiver.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

IcePhoenix posted:

I could technically put together a waiver-less OF of Trout, Stanton, and Sano so I'm not impressed :colbert:

I would rather have his because Stanton is gonna break some time in July.

Someone just dropped Schwarber for Lewis Brinson. :allbuttons:

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

Doltos posted:

You forgot Jorge Soler. Also the Astros seem to get insane hype on every prospect as well.

I totally forgot about the Jorge Soler experience. He was a part of that Cuban sensation wave with Puig, Abreu and Rusney Castillo.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

IcePhoenix posted:

I really wish yahoo was more consistent with prospects.

Also clearly this will be the year Stanton stays healthy.

I actually emailed Yahoo a few years back asking about that. I had read it was based on who they thought would break camp, who was on the 40-man roster, who was signed to a major league deal, etc.

The rep told me there was no exact reason. They actually tried to sell it as a feature of keeping people engaged with the product all year. That was when I almost had enough and moved the league to ESPN but I hate their fantasy platform even more.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

IcePhoenix posted:

Marwin Gonzalez was a free agent in one of my leagues so I picked him up because he can play everything but catcher, is he just hitting way over his head right now or is it possible that he's actually going to still be good?

The moment McCann gets back he will go back to starting like twice a week.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
I really don't get this whole Alex Wood thing.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
With Harvey's struggles I am expecting nothing from Tyson Ross, but I figure he's worth a shot. My pitching has fallen apart with E-Rod and Wood going on the DL, Cole, Darvish and Hill unable to go six innings and Bumgarner permanently dead.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

8 of the 13 guys I drafted are no longer on my team. Really stellar drafting, here!

I was sure Kevin Gausman would break out this year and do big things.

The only draft picks it feels like I got right were closers.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Speaking of pitchers people can't quit, Rich Hill just doesn't have it anymore.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
I love Alex Wood.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
So this guy in our keeper league has dropped Schwarber, Villar and now Conforto.

I mean the first two I kind of get but I have no idea about the last one.

E: vvv that makes sense then.

Pandanaut fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jun 18, 2017

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Can Hanley just get put on the DL? I know he is playing tonight but honestly he would be more valuable to me just not playing. I also can't bring myself to cut him.

Also what the hell has gotten into Ian Happ lately?

E: Right on cue is a homer. Point still stands.

Pandanaut fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jun 24, 2017

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Jose Ramirez has almost single handedly kept my offense afloat so far this year.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
I almost didn't draft Justin Turner because I got Evan Longoria a few rounds before.

Now I am wondering if I should even keep Longo around. He has been... fine, I guess, but the power just isn't there.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

You know, I was going to just list how badly my team is underperforming and how unlucky I've been (which are both true), but then I went and looked at my draft and... you're right. I did draft too much pitching, and I missed on just about all of them:

Keeping Porcello was a bad decision, Oh has been bad, Glasnow, Ross, and Snell have all been really bad (and have all been dropped), Ottavino and Madson :barf:

I reached early on Kevin Gausman, Sean Manaea, Matt Moore, Koda Glover and Robert Gsellman. All of those guys are gone (Manaea because of an ever-filling DL slot crunch and I wanted to gamble on... Rich Hill).

I'd say the main difference here is I streamed and held on to Alex Wood. He has saved my entire staff while Bumgarner has been out.

E: I drafted Ken Giles and Kelvin Herrera as my RPs. They've been pretty meh, but I got lucky with closers in free agency (Rivero, Knebel and Brach).

Pandanaut fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jul 13, 2017

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
For those of you who have been in continuous leagues - do you have that one guy you just cannot trade with?

Like there's some kind of hangup where the two of you are almost speaking different languages.

Because I have that guy and it has been 10 loving years.

VVV: Ditto. I have a couple that I don't think I've ever gotten anything done with or even attempted (or received any offers from them). The one guy I'm talking about though...just a whole lot of nothing. Ever. Every trade I have ever sent has sat there until it timed out or I canceled it. A decade straight of a whole lot of nothing. I don't even know if he has ever made a trade with anyone now that I think about it.

Pandanaut fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Aug 9, 2017

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
My undying loyalty to Ian Happ has paid off!

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Great time for all of the players who get you to this point in the year to die.

I'm going to roll the dice on Glasnow (famous last words, I know). Apparently he is due to come up soon, probably after the first of the month.

Also scooped up Howie Kendrick, who for some reason is really good now. Don't expect that to last but he sure as hell should be able to give me more than Longoria has.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

Doltos posted:

I can't wait to see who I should have drafted not based off of how they performed this season so far but how they perform from September 11th to October 1st.

The answer is always Adam LaRoche.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
I am very interested to see what kind of ranking Robbie Ray has next year. I sent Gerrit Cole away to get him and so far so good. The Ks are ridiculous.

This time of the year is my favorite despite the obvious issue Phoenix pointed out. It's where you just have to cut bait on guys and pick up who is hot. I have fully embraced that mentality this year. Sometimes it has worked, sometimes it hasn't, but I have tried not to overvalue any guys I have just because they were a waiver gem or I drafted them.

Especially now that it's a complete crapshoot and a sprint in H2H.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

Rand alPaul posted:

Danny Salazar :negative:

Is there a more maddening pitcher to own?

He could have just as easily gone 6 IP tonight with 14 Ks.

Instead... it's that.

It's like Daniel Cabrera is back from the dead.

E: Holy poo poo what has gotten into Jose Ramirez lately?

Pandanaut fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Sep 6, 2017

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

Twin Cinema posted:

I made the playoffs in both leagues that I am in but both of my teams are also slumping pretty heavily. I do not expect the playoffs to last long.

Same here. I got a bye after an 11-1 win last week, but my team has fallen apart in recent weeks. JoRamirez and Nunez are hurt, Bumgarner has fallen off and I have no idea what he hell Wood and Darvish are doing. DeJong has come plummeting back to Earth too.

It's going to take a miracle for me to win the semis.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Weird thought I had - for Otani, how would fantasy play him?

As of now if a position player pitches nothing happens. But if he is a SP or a closer do they have two versions of him in the draft? Do you play him in one of the slots and just skip out on the other part? Do they allow him to count for both positions when only playing one?

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

It was discussed, and I believe the consensus was that most leagues would have two Otanis that you could draft. One for pitching, one for hitting.

I see.

Can't wait for the first Otani for Otani trade.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Man, there is nothing quite like having to go head to head with someone who wakes up at 3 am to scoop up the top streamers.

Now I have to somehow beat the mega team in our league. Oh well - I'll take a championship berth.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
In other news Miggy Cabs has two herniated discs in his back.

That explains a lot.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Best of luck to everyone, myself included, locked into a last day championship match.

I was looking at some very early 2018 rankings. Charlie Blackmon, despite being the top player in my league, is shaping up to be a late first rounder.

One player I really like is Trea Turner. He's looking to be a first rounder, which I get because he's the only premier base stealer who isn't a liability in other spots.

Speaking of - this seems nuts to me - but Dee Gordon as a second rounder? I get he can win a category on his own and is in a great situation. But in the top 20 players off the board? 2B looks to be quite top heavywith him, Altuve, Rizzo and Jose Ramirez.

E: Also Dozier, Murphy and Schoop.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Won my dynasty lite league this year. First time I've won in a few years. Last year I lost in the title game with what I think was a better team. Things just worked out. The guy I was most worried about I beat 10-0-2 in the semis. If I had played him this week I think he would have swept me 12-0.

Even though it was a 10-1-1 win, all of the categories were too close for comfort. I was getting crushed early on by a combination of Altuve, Judge and JD Martinez. Not fun going against those guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

IcePhoenix posted:

I think both of us would have whooped your rear end lol. I wasn't managing my lineup at all and left a ton of pitching on the bench. That's baseball! :v:

Don't matter if you don't make it there first. Every playoff matchup was a complete blowout for some reason.

(Virtual) Flags fly forever. :dukedog:

• Locked thread