Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
Linear weights points is the best format.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Gave: Drew Smyly
Got: Nomar Mazara

Gave: Eduardo Nunez, Chris Archer
Got: Yoenis Cespedes, Michael Fulmer

Gave: Andrew McCutchen
Got: Jon Lester

Highway robbery.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

Schweinhund posted:

Pro tip for auction keeper leagues... Something I do is I look at the handful of top guys available (since all the top guys are kept) and decide my absolute top price for them. Then I create a handful of rosters in a spreadsheet for various combinations of those guys I could end up with. Like say the top guys available and my max prices are:

Votto $45
Bumgarner $40
Braun $30
Encarnacion $25

Then I'll create a lineup with my keepers and Votto at $45 and Encarnacion at $25, then I can see how much I can spend in other areas. And maybe it will tell me if I spend that much on Votto and Enc then I'll have to go cheap on a catcher and won't be able to afford a top closer. Then I do the same thing with just getting Braun & Encarnacion. And maybe that will tell me I can then afford to spend on catcher and also an extra 2nd tier SP. And maybe I'll try a scenario with like Votto/Bumgarner/Braun and realize it won't work because I have to skimp too much in too many areas so I'll know not to do that. I've done that the past couple drafts and it really helps you to make decisions during the draft.

Good tips. An additional strategy I use in this scenario is to allocate dollars to pools of positions. So maybe I need 3 outfielders and I allocate $50 to outfielders, and I need 2 starting pitchers and I allocate $25. This gives me flexibility at the draft to spot values, but also keeps me from over-focusing on specific players, which will lead to overpays.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

RKRGoat posted:

Cut S. Travis
Cut J Bruce
Cut J Zimmerman
Cut A. Reyes

Who is S. Travis?

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
I'd probably claim Dahl and stash him on my DL, waiver priority isn't super important in most fantasy baseball leagues. However, if your league historically has owners who make bad drops I'd hold onto it, Dahl is more of a flier at this point.

• Locked thread