Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

We do Paypal to me, the co-commish, and it works fine. There are usually at least 4 teams that don't come to the auction and everyone knows in advance. We have dudes in Las Vegas, Seattle and Portland. I don't see the need to pay a percentage to anyone to hold our monies...

Your league might have a guy like ours: Bad Trade Spammer. We have an Auction Keeper League, and I have Trea Turner who I can keep for $5 in our $270 budget. He offered me Odor and Dyson today, and I didn't hesitate to hit decline without even looking at their prices. It's earlier than usual, he normally spams his bench for your studs once the season starts but we don't even have our auction scheduled until April 1...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

weas posted:

Good tips. An additional strategy I use in this scenario is to allocate dollars to pools of positions. So maybe I need 3 outfielders and I allocate $50 to outfielders, and I need 2 starting pitchers and I allocate $25. This gives me flexibility at the draft to spot values, but also keeps me from over-focusing on specific players, which will lead to overpays.

This is exactly what I do, allocate money towards positions. I usually also have a rough idea of what I think guys are worth so I can judge values.

Inspector_666 posted:

It's a 25% price inflation year-over-year, with a max of 4 years kept unless you designate a "Franchise Tag" for one.

The idea was to either lower the new team's buy-in and give them a higher draft budget (with the understanding that they'll be embarking on a project here), or just cut the number of keepers down for the incumbent teams to increase the draft pool.

We cap the numbers for an expansion draft, let everyone keep 3 then let the new owners pick as many as they want but no team can lose more than 2. Then existing teams can select the rest of their keepers.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I know we're locked in to a draft, but Auctions kick rear end IMO.

e: poo poo I thought this was the league thread, but Auctions are still better.

kensei fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Mar 23, 2017

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

The Pussy Boss posted:

First draft of the year and it went... OK. This is the HGH goon league. Its a holds league which is why I drafted my main man Betances so high.

We keep three. Kershaw and Bryant were no brainers but choosing between CSeager, Thor, and Villar was really tough. And of course I rolled the 9th pick and Villar and Syndergaard were gone before I could get either one. Ugh.

I hadn't realized how shallow OF is, the top guys went quick. Ended up with Bryant/Mazara/Tomas/Peraza/Keon Broxton and Bryant's the only one I really trust.

And I guess I'm all in on Gary Sanchez.

You took Sanchez right before I was going to. Dammit.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Abel Wingnut posted:

did gary sanchez just die?

coronaball posted:

Now a Trea Turner hamstring injury.

Yikes

My Two Favorite Keepers :qq:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Moneyball posted:

Let's play word association:

Rich Hill

Injuries!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Trea Turner :stare:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

With Segura, Cruz and Cano I might drop SEA down more.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Schweinhund posted:

10 home runs this week :smugdog:

I got 17 this week. Feels good.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Got Aaron Judge for $5 in the keeper league auction and I could not be happier with him. I don't like the Yankees but it's fun to watch him hit massive home runs.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I got offered Didi Gregorious and Brandon McCarthy for my Jean Segura. I was laughing so hard I almost could not click decline.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Moneyball posted:

And I meant getting a custom one designed. I know I've seen a few threads for that around.

If you don't want to make it yourself, you can make a thread in SA Mart or just ask someone. I made the blinking Bo one I have now and I <3 it. I've made them for people for AV certs before, which are like $5.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

His Ichiro av winked, too.

Yup, made that one too!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

This is part of the reason I love daily leagues, you don't get hosed for day to day or unknown issues.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

Sounds like Jose de Leon is getting called up.

e: Confirmed, but his role is unclear. They did just play 15 innings yesterday.

I went to go look, he was grabbed off waivers the day after the auction. This league is insanely deep :sigh:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Schweinhund posted:

rip jean segura

How bad was it?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Man, what the hell is wrong with Schwarber? his average is down to .165.....

I traded him for Matt Harvey, and the guy I traded with dropped Schwarber. I am close to doing the same with Harvey :saddowns:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

I drafted Harvey as a flier and I do not understand why anybody still has him rostered. Literally none of his peripherals are good.

5.43 ERA
6.00 FIP
5.04 xFIP
5.15 SIERA

35% hard hit. That's 5 whole points up from last season, and 9 points up from 2015.
11.3 BB%, up from 6.2% in 2016 and 4.9% in 2015.

His velocity is unchanged but there is nothing promising in any of the stats. His BABIP is down to .255 but that's only because he's at 1.92 HR/9.

Drop him. Drop him for a bag of loving balls. TJS is a sumbitch to come back from, but history tells us TOS is even worse and you're looking at it right now.

EDIT: Holy poo poo his O-swing % is down 10 points from last year.

Yeah, I know. He's the next guy gone if I need to make a roster move :sigh:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

Gary Sanchez, yo.

I'm getting offers from the bad teams in my keeper league for Sanchez and I am refusing them all. He's so dreamy, even for a drat Yankee :allears:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I have a guy like that in my league too, offers lovely deals that give me his scrubs for my stars. I wish ESPN would allow you to block trade offers from certain people.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Junkyard Poodle posted:

My goto is some time dumping really lovely deals on them

They usually get the message

Sadly, he makes even worse counter offers when I do that, often even more in his favor. I have stopped responding completely, but I leave the trade sitting there until it expires so he cannot send another offer until it times out or he cancels it himself.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I am now 12-2 in my h2h dynasty league. :feelsgood:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Abel Wingnut posted:

the sneaky play here is marwin, who only needs two more starts at ss (in espn) to gain the position

Marwin is starting at SS tonight!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

IMB posted:

I got a no-hitter in an NL only league a couple years back (Mike Fiers?) That i realized three days later didn't count because he'd been traded without my realizing it.

I was going to ask if it was Moore but he went TB to SF IIRC

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Marwin now has 1B, 2B, 3B, SS and OF ellig on ESPN. Someone cut him in May and I have been using him as a super sub ever since.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Boosh! posted:

That was probably me :xd:

lol no this is a league with only one other goon (sup porkface) in it.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Our trade deadline has already passed. I wish it was right before our playoffs start but whatever.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

16-3 now, wrapped up a bye in the playoffs.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

In our auction league I have Sanchez, Judge, Turner and Segura all as inexpensive no-brainer keepers with a couple other dudes to ponder; however, do I keep 2 guys who will only be SS next season and just DH one? I'm leaning yes.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Niwrad posted:

Does anyone know if Trea Turner is playing this week? Seems like he's eligible to return tomorrow and has been rehabbing for a week. But if they're leaving him down for another week I don't want to burn a roster spot.

ESPN posted:

Turner (wrist) will return to the Nationals on Tuesday, Jorge Castillo of the Washington Post reports.
Spin: Turner struggled during his rehab assignment, as he went just 2-for-21 over seven games. His performance is less important than how his wrist felt after those games, though, and Turner is apparently feeling good enough to make his way back to the majors. The Nationals will be able to work Turner back slowly, as Wilmer Difo has performed admirably in his absence, but Turner's line drive ability, baserunning and defense are too good to leave on the bench down the stretch. Expect an official roster move to be made sometime Tuesday, as the Nationals will need to clear a 40-man roster spot to get Turner off the 60-day DL

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Someone hold me and tell me Chris Archer will be okay.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

the_american_dream posted:

we run a consolation cash tourney for poor assholes like me who did not make the playoffs DESPITE most pts for by 50 plus because I also had most pts against and no im not really really loving bitter

We do the same, called the Toilet Bowl. You can almost win your entry fee back! We also do a weekly high point bonus. Of course, I went 18-3 scoring the most points in the league so I have the #1 seed and a bye this week :smug:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

If I had drafted even like, 2 decent relief pitchers in the Goon League, I would probably be doing OK.

Also dropping Judge. That wasn't smart.

astonished-stare-dot-gif

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

8 Dingers today, but I am on the bye week (#1 Seed) so it doesn't matter.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I like h2h over roto, even when it bites me like this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

The ESPN app keeps giving me roster alerts about a team whose season is entirely over and I can't even adjust anymore.

Thanks, ESPN.

S A M E

• Locked thread