Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
My pitching staff has been absolutely carrying my team this year. In our 12 player league I managed to get 5 of the top 10 pitchers by most stats (Sale, Kluber, Greinke, Stroman, Nola) with some good relievers too (Knebel, Hand, Robertson, Betances). It sure does sting when I don't get the most wins or saves in a week though.

I flipped a coin on Bird vs Judge when drafting and holy gently caress did I miss big time on that one. First time doing fantasy baseball and I think most of my non-baseball friends have given up or lost interest. One guy has like 8 players on the disabled list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
I missed out on the Bellinger train, but I got Gallo.

I went ahead and picked up Andrew Heaney who is going to be starting on Friday. I don't know if that was the right move but I dropped Desmond to do it. I've got enough 1B/OF depth (Brantley should return before Desmond) to make it work.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
Yeah I've got Gallo but my league is hth with avg/r/hr/rbi/sb for offense.

The top 3 teams in my league went 10-0 last week so I didn't put any distance on 2nd and 3rd.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

resident posted:

I'd love to have an ERA under 5 one of these last few weeks.

My pitching staff is: Sale, Kluber, Stroman, Greinke, Nola, Peacock with relievers: Robertson, Herrera, Betances, Knebel, and Hand. I had like a 4.1 ERA last week because I added Heaney on a whim and he went 5IP, 5ER.

I added Howie as well because I love him and he is having a good year. I drafted Bird and he did nothing for forever and was hurt. I've had Brantley wasting my DL spot for awhile now so I've got Gallo hiding on the bench. My lineup has 4 cardinals on it and I hate it.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
Won $40 on my $20 buy-in league for winning the regular season and I'll have a first round bye into the playoffs. :toot:

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
I don't know how it would work for non-auction leagues, but why wouldn't you just be able to start him as a pitcher on certain days and as a hitter on other days if that is how he is going to be played. Of course that makes him more valuable but then his cost in an auction would account for that. Trout is valuable but the person that got him on my league spent like 25% of their payroll on him IIRC.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
Guy I'm going against this week has a loving murderer's row of a lineup... Gary Sanchez, Kemp, Judge, Stanton, Schebler, Bellinger, Donaldson, Healy, Cutch, Posey but his pitching is horrific. My hitters have still managed to outperform and am beating him in every catergory. My pitching staff is crushing him in every way and that is without a Kluber, Sale, or Greinke start yet.

Last weeks bye my staff put up a 1.2 ERA and .8 WHIP with 80+ Ks (and only like 2 Ws and 1 Save).

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
H2h in the finale is so stupid. Moreso with the final week being the final mlb season when good players are getting rested for the postseason and pitchers are skipping starts to line up for playoff rotations. Sale pitches today, does he start Sunday or should I drop him and pick up another starter for more strikeouts and potential win? Rapidly changing your team in the final to cheese out extra starts is stupid.

Also I assume Yadi and Turner are dead and will basically be rested till the end of season. All this after blowing out my opponent 10-0 and crushing every category in the semi finals.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

IcePhoenix posted:

I should really consider moving the playoffs back a week but in a 12 team league it lines up too perfectly to have the finals on the last week :(

Yeah it just works out perfectly but still sucks.

I had a 15-4-1 record against the guy I'm playing in the finals and he has maxed out his 7 roster moves every time. He also created the league and knows the most about fantasy whereas I just drafted well and mostly set-and-forget my lineup. He's currently winning 5-3-2 but I should pass him in ERA and WHIP once the minimum starts is hit.

Playoff fantasy baseball is just as bullshit as real playoff baseball.

I'd rather the playoffs be top 4 advance and have the finals be a 2 week thing like the allstar break is instead of top 6 with a bye for 1/2.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
I think I had 1 starter go 5 or more innings this week, Kluber. I might actually lose head to head strikeouts for literally the first week this season. Wins? Forget about it most starters only went 4 innings.

There are like 4 categories that will come down to tomorrow and we are tied 5-5 right now. Welp

Edit: getting to watch my Angels give up a million hits in person to Haniger, Seager and Cruz against my fantasy team sucks extra hard.

Good Dog fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Oct 1, 2017

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
Only ahead by 2 strikeouts on the week and guy I'm up against has a starter today and I don't, so welp unless all my relievers play.

Dee Gordon is valuable for SBs and Runs, alot of his value is tied up in Stanton behind him because he doesn't do much else. He has so few RBIs its amazing. Every other leadoff hitter has more than him.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
I'm winning 5-4-1 by a single point of batting average. 73/258 as a team to his 73/259.

Holy gently caress this final round is close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
I dominated all year in my h2h league, tons of 10-0 weeks, mostly got by on my pitching. This week in the finals I was 4-0-1 on offense and 1-4 on pitching. Just barely held on at the end there.

• Locked thread