Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Every night before I go to sleep I recite the list of pitchers who failed me: Jose Quintana, Kevin Gausman, Kenta Maeda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Pussy Boss posted:

Yeah, wtf is wrong with Maeda?

And add Hendricks to that list too.

I have no clue. His K/99 and BB/9 are almost identical, I guess he's just getting shelled.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I had a dream last night that Kevin Gausman got sent down to AAA, and then I checked the box score this morning and he already gave up 4ER.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bryce Harper getting the day off at Coors, nooooo.

Also Christian Arroyo is getting called up for the Giants, he's been hitting .446/.478/.692 at AAA.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spoeank posted:

Christian Arroyo is decent average no pop and just some speed, making his debut at 21.

So uh, have fun.

Edit: in a garbage lineup in a pitchers' ball park

So what you're saying is he's going to lead the Giants to the postseason.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Resign yourself to the fate of all pitchers being bastards.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's some Mariners homer with Taylor Motter and Mitch Haniger and he's probably winning every week.

Edit: and Mitch Haniger just pulled his oblique :(

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Apr 26, 2017

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also it looks like Jose Altuve is out for a while? :(

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
:lol: I knew it. As soon as I drop Maikel Franco he goes off.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Justin Wilson is likely to take over for Detroit, because K-Rod isn't doing it anymore. I think Detroit gives him a long leash but he's doomed.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hey guys I'm starting Kenta Maeda and Kevin Gausman today. Join me in hell as we watch the weekly ERA/WHIP double.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hope no one is playing against a team that has Conforto and Matt Kemp this week.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Alex Avila is one of the best fantasy catchers in TYOOL 2017.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Abel Wingnut posted:

rest of season in an obp league: avila or wieters?

avila's hard hit rate and plate discipline have both improved dramatically. has something really changed with him? wieters looks pretty good too and will probably get more pa, though seems more likely to be injured.

Avila isn't concussed anymore and isn't playing catcher as often. The problem is once Cabrera's back Avila won't be manning first base. Then again Victor Martinez might be officially done (or injured) which would mean Avila is back in the lineup.

Avila was once a really good bat, but he was overused like crazy and never recovered from concussions/bad knees. He might actually be a decent DH.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Fantasy Baseball can be very mean. Play a guy he goes 0/4. Sit him and he goes 3/4 the next day.

:argh:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is Kevin Gausman's 2nd inning ejection his best start of 2017?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wasn't Marwin the guy that broke up Yu Darvish's perfect game?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Junkyard Poodle posted:

Thank you for the prudent advice and helping me stay prudent.

I'm bad at phone posting

I think you should stay the course on Story. Thousand points of light. Stay the course.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spoeank posted:

Ian Kennedy and James Paxton were two pitchers I targeted.

Great day.

In the past 24 hours I've had 4 DTDs and 1 DL. Trout and Harper sting the worst of the bunch. I have Paxton on every single team and I've been thrilled with him, sigh.

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 22:43 on May 5, 2017

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jameson Taillon to the DL. Yelich DTD with groin problems.

Like all my players are injured now. :lol:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also Johnny Cueto likely out with a blister on his finger.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

IMB posted:

I play in a fantasy league with a bunch of old guys (seriously 50s-70s) and it's so fun. They've been doing the league for more than two decades (they had to literally phone in transactions and each monday the weekly results went out in snail mail. The draft is always fun because it's just old dudes talking poo poo to each other.

Anyway, I won the league last year but Jose Fernandez loving died so that sucked.

This year I'm in first again, except 3/5ths (we start five SP, rosters lock weekly) of my rotation (Thor, Kluber, Paxton) are down for the count.

I'm trying to decide what's worse. I mean at least they're all still alive?

I did a fantasy league with my brother and my dad in the mid 90s and it involved me going to the convenience store every Monday to pick up a Baseball Weekly and tabulate the prior week's winners. It was hilarious how much work it required.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
There are like 3-4 players who go through massive slumps and then will singlehandedly win you weeks all by themselves. Stanton, Carlos Gonzalez, Justin Upton.

Just don't draft more than one and you're completely fine. CarGo will go off as soon as some pundit writes about how he's finished as a player and the front office should have traded him for pitching at last year's deadline.

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 15:23 on May 8, 2017

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jameson Taillon out with Testicular Cancer :gonk:

That's one hell of a "groin discomfort"

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inspector_666 posted:

He had surgery for it today, apparently. Looks like that's gonna be longer than 10 days.

I'm wishing for the best and hope he becomes the no. 1 starter we all know he can be.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Junkyard Poodle posted:

Out of curiosity. What are the odds k rod returns as a closer? I had him before, already picked up replacement and kinda want the extra slot to stream/find another closer (maybe dbacks? Bradley?)

His demise reminds me of Jose Valverde's. The Tigers don't have a good bullpen and them doing this is because they've exhausted all other options/attempts to retain him.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inspector_666 posted:

I realized too late that I forgot to confirm Cano was actually playing today but hey, looks like that one worked out well.

Same, I actually benched him in one of my leagues and missed out, the other one though oh boy needed that offense.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Moneyball posted:

I knew Kenta Maeda could do some unreal things, but this is a new one

code:
PITCHERS	IP	H	R	ER	BB	SO	HR	
K Maeda		0.0	8	0	0	0	12	0

He is so weird this year. He's missing bats and striking out a ton of dudes and then giving up fluke dingers. His cutter is nice.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anybody needing a Catcher should consider James McCann. He seems to be figuring out the whole hitting thing.

Him and Avila are taking turns raking.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Abel Wingnut posted:

pick up berrios

I wanted to earlier this week but every single stupid pundit was saying he wasn't getting promoted. :argh:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Who the gently caress is Ian Happ? I can't keep up with you kids and your flashy new prospects like Amed Rosario and Cody Bellinger.

Going to just sit back here and enjoy Matt Kemp being good until he gets hurt again because he should be DH'ing instead of playing in the National League.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

give: Bellinger

get: Brantley/Yelich

thoughts?

Yes.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Freddie Freeman :rip:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Junkyard Poodle posted:

Anything conclusive yet?

Sucks, he was raking.

Nothing yet but apparently the mood in clubhouse was sad and Heyman fears he has a broken wrist.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

jabro posted:

Who broke Tanner Roark?

The same person who broke Kevin Gausman.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ichiro also blew bubbles, didn't he?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Julio Urias :negative:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Schweinhund posted:

I hope everyone didn't drop Bautista :q:

Praise Joey Bats.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Pitchers are dying left and right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doltos posted:

I drafted Rich Hill and Walker and now I'm mad about blisters

Have you heard about this Aaron Sanchez fellow? He's rivaling Rich Hill in the blister and fingernail department.

Also at this rate Kevin Gausman is going to win the Cy Young with a 6.50 ERA because he's simply healthy.

• Locked thread