Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I have used Pod before, and really like them. I get a lot out of Podhorzer's xStats articles so I thought I'd support him.
What I have done is that I use those projections as a baseline for z scores or something. Then move guys up and down based on what I think their growth/upside or decline/downside are like. But the baseline of those stats and his formulas has had me feeling good about the starting point compared to other systems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Abel Wingnut posted:

exactly how i was planning to use them--thanks for the rec. his articles are the best part of fangraphs.

Yeah, then I'd def recommend them to you. He updates twice a week through the month of March (wed/sun, I think) so you can always get an updated sheet after the latest news.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Well looks like in my 12 team roto R, RBI, SB, OPS | IP, ERA, WHIP, K (162 start limit) I will be keeping Harper at 29$ and Myers at 9$. I could keep Desmond at 16$ too but that feels both too on value and ...I'm not sure I want Desmond haha.
Feels fine, got hopefully a CIF locked up with a cheap Myers (even factoring in regression) and a #1 OF.

E: Actually I could keep Hendricks at 13$ too...

ChiTownEddie fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Feb 28, 2017

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
jesus christ who are in your leagues?

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I'm finally getting to do more number crunching and analyzing for my draft on Sunday. Including Turner, 8 SS are being kept. By four teams. Ugh that will be brutal.

Does anyone create player tiers themselves? I have positional zscores and am trying to decide if I should make manual tiers or do some mathematical approach, curious what others have done.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Sigh. Auctions can be so silly sometimes. Someone drafted 5 Third basemen and someone else has 4 shortstops in a 12 team league. Talk about killing depth.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I ended up with a rather weird team. 12 team R, RBI, SB, OPS | IP, ERA, WHIP, K (162 start limit)

I'll end up dropping Gordon for ...probably another random RP.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Hah, even my competitive main league is strangely silent. There has barely been any FA movement much less a trade.

Wacha is on my watch list. I currently have Moore as my last bench spot pitcher cause I have him pegged as much higher K upside. Surprisingly there are a bunch of pitchers I'm intrigued by on the wire still.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Just with respect to era, whip, K's who would you rather have between Moore and Joe Ross as the last pitcher (that you don't always start) on the team?

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
????????
Someone just gave up Cespedes to get Eickhoff in my league. What the heck.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Spoeank posted:

................why did you draft him

I drafted him because the top 8 SS were kept (in a league with a ton of turnover) and so the next bunch went for like double what they should. I basically gotta wait on him a while more since there is NOTHING on the ww.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Spoeank posted:

drop his rear end for asdrubal cabrera like, yesterday

He was drafted bra.
Sob. I hate SS.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Schweinhund posted:

The Nats go to Colorado tomorrow and I have Harper, Zimmerman and Wieters :awesome:

The real question is do I start 2 start Joe Ross...

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

the_american_dream posted:

Ahhh yes the annual carrasco injury

Sob.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Craaap do we start Trout this week?

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

kensei posted:

This is part of the reason I love daily leagues, you don't get hosed for day to day or unknown issues.

Yeah. This was my first weekly and it's nice as a low effort backup league. I'm going to have to sit him. Can't risk it with what we know now.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
What do you guys think of this 'the season blows for my team' trade:
Give: Harper, Hamilton, Carrasco
Get: Corey Seager

Seager is at 7$ and keepable +1$ each year. No one I'm giving is really keepable.

E: I should say teams only keep 2-3 guys a season.

ChiTownEddie fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jun 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I am usually sitting in 9-10th out of 12 and 35 points back of the leader. It's 4x4 and my ratio stats are so effed. I'm 11th in OPS and like 9th (and way back) in ERA.

• Locked thread