Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

IcePhoenix posted:

Trout, Mookie, Machado, Corey Seager ----> dead last :gonk:

Shame on you!

Also there is a big difference in leagues with big benches that charge for bench moves and free leagues that have small benches and lots of pitchers on waivers.
On ESPN leagues i can make the playoffs every freaking time with unlimited streaming of pitchers. If i'm in a real league with limited moves then you can finish last with a bad pitching staff.

chilihead fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Feb 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Schweinhund posted:

Michael Wacha is also looking good.

This thread is dead this year.

Well, literally millions of people only watched baseball to see the Cubs win. Now they all died in peace.

R.I.P fantasy baseball.

I think Wacha is a good bet this year, great buy low candidate.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

So i need closers, i only drafted one.

Only a few left in this Espn roto league.

Greg Holland,Cam Bedrosian,Brandon Kintzler, Fernando Rodney.

Which 2 should i grab?

I was working and had to draft on my phone using a Queue system. I missed out on every closer, except the Rays Colome and Andrew Miller. I had Miller in my Queue because i thought Cody Allen was hurt.
Turns out it wasn't that Cody Allen.

I'm not dropping Miller so i also need to drop 1 or 2 of these 4.

Garret Richards, Robbie Ray, Jared Eickhoff, Brandon Maurer. It's a head to head weekly so i am not punting saves but i have no problem starting the year with only 2 or 3 closers.

chilihead fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Mar 28, 2017

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Moneyball posted:

Maurer might lose his job, and looks like his only good stretch ever was pre-ASB 2015.

Bad ratios, pedestrian K/9, bad team (not that bad teams can't produce great closers)

I dropped him in a few leagues and I'm not worried about replacing him.

Yes this is a good reply, i'm pretty much going to replace Maurer with one of the 4. I would like to drop one more starting pitcher if i can get a guy at least starting the year as a closer.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Some weird things about this draft. It's a ten person head to head roto.
I drafted Harper at number 8 overall, Stanton in the 5th round and Felix Hernandez in the 18th.

That is only a small drop for Bryce but a huge drop in ADP for the other 2.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Looking to add some steals before the season starts. Some guys i have looked at on waivers;

Ceaser Hernandez, Raul Mondesi, Delino Deshields,Manuel Margot.

Any sleepers likely to be on waivers that anyone can add or comment on?

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

I drafted K. Seager, J.Turner and Moustakas because they were all good value where i drafted them.

Just before the season started i felt i had to let one go and get another steals guy.
Guess which player i dropped. Guess which 2 players have 0 HR and the dropped guy has 5!

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Doghouse posted:

i think i had haniger and dropped him, i'm so bad at fantasy baseball :ughh:

Picked him up in the league i dropped Moustakas!

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Doltos posted:

They deserve it for going SP that early

Screw that i got Kershaw in the first and i don't regret it one bit!

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

I'm really thinking of benching Grienke tommorow. What do you guys think of benching decent pitchers in Coors? Is this the right move for most pitchers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

kensei posted:

Got Aaron Judge for $5 in the keeper league auction and I could not be happier with him. I don't like the Yankees but it's fun to watch him hit massive home runs.

I remember looking at his name after he hit his first 2 HR's. I thought he would be at best an empty stat power guy bringing down my average.
Think he got scooped up the next day. Now i'm actually more in shock over the whole team, they are crushing right now. Judge is a beast, even with regression. Can't believe this team will get Sanchez back as well.

• Locked thread