Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
candide
Jun 16, 2002

The Tipping Point
Inherited a team in a friend's league. All I know about baseball is I like dingers. Please send help.

Are these the correct keepers? Do I keep Brian Dozier? I have the 4th pick in the draft if that matters.

pre:
10 team league
H2H
3 Keepers
R HR RBI SB  OBP
K W  SV  ERA WHIP

* keeper
C       Welington Castillo
1B      Brandon Belt
2B      Brian Dozier*
3B      Maikel Franco
SS      Xander Bogaerts*
2B/SS   Elvis Andrus
1B/3B   Mike Napoli
OF      Andrew McCutchen
OF      J.D. Martinez
OF      George Springer*
OF      Jose Ramirez
OF      Khris Davis
UTIL    Cameron Maybin
Bench   Starlin Castro
Bench   Denard Span
DL      Colby Rasmus

P       Jake Arrieta
P       Jacob deGrom
P       Stephen Strasburg
P       A.J. Ramos
P       Francisco Rodriguez
P       Jason Hammel
P       Rick Porcello
P       Matt Andriese
P       Dan Straily
Bench   Brad Brach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

candide
Jun 16, 2002

The Tipping Point

Inspector_666 posted:

What are the keeper rules? It's probably between Dozier or Cutch, depending on if you think Cutch will bounce back or if Dozier's production was for real.

Not sure about the rules but I found this on the league settings page for keepers?

quote:

Select up to the number of players you wish to keep for this year's draft. You have the choice to fill all available keeper slots or can choose to keep any number of them "empty". Any "empty" keeper slots equates to an extra pick in the draft. For example if your league has the option to keep only 5 players, you can choose to only keep 3, and you will get draft picks in the 4th and 5th rounds. You can change your keeper selections as many times as you wish up until the Keeper Lock Date, listed below. After that date selected Keepers are viewable to all league members.

Would skipping the third keeper be a viable option? I don't think Cutch will bounce back and I hate Dozier because of his slow start last year. Oh yeah, I inherited this team two seasons ago and kept Cutch both times. Also all of my baseball knowledge is superficial.

candide
Jun 16, 2002

The Tipping Point
H2H scoring: K, W, SV, ERA, WHIP

Help. Offered Gio Gonzalez for Chapman straight up or King Felix + Addison Reed for Chapman. Should I do either? I'm leaning towards getting Gio.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread