Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
My BIG MONEY LEAGUE moved to ESPN for this year and we did our draft yesterday. 10 team, H2H points:

Outfield is...not great, but has some good upside. Am pretty pleased with IF and SPs. Kershaw should be dominant with this scoring system but it hurt to take a pitcher in the first (I got him with #7).

Any immediate thoughts on things I should do with this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

DoctaFun posted:

Kershaw at 7 in a points league is a great result for your. I'd take him at 7 over Bryant, EE, Altuve or whoever was at the top of the board at that point.

For an ostensibly super competitive league this first round was stupid...we basically shamed a Cubs bandwagoner into taking Bryant #1 so he could prove he's a True Believer, Goldy went #4 (ahead of Betts?) and then a hypernerd guy took Scherzer at 6 instead of Kershaw. He's super smart and way into baseball and I do not know what his plan was there but it is mildly concerning to me.

I'm thinking of dangling Santana for an OF....it'll be a hit in points probably but I need some help. Any thoughts on who I should go after? Was thinking maybe Schwarber or Stanton?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Was trout not kept because I want in that league especially if it is a money league

edit - I read that post more carefully and lol

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Anyone have any good thoughts on guys I should target as panic-buys after week 1? Points league guys preferably.....

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Inspector_666 posted:

Do you mean underperformers you can get for a song in trades, or overperformers you can unload for more than they're worth?

Guys who had a bad first week and owners might be looking to panic-sell ON THE CHEAP, ideally

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Should I drop Granderson for one of Souza, Hanigan, or Margot?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I was kind of shocked to see Ervin Santana was still available in my league this morning...that's wrong, right? I'm also in with Haniger and Caesar Hernandez....what do you guys think their long term prospects are? I feel like .250/.350/.450 is possible for Haniger and .300/.380/.400 is possible for Hernandez.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I was kind of thinking about making a buy-low offer on Bautista...should I not do this?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
KC's offense will probably rebound some eventually but right now that poo poo is money.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
So....exactly how excited should I be about my Ryan Zimmerman?

also: Machado or Carrasco, points league.

bewbies fucked around with this message at 15:50 on May 1, 2017

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
our league's designated "that guy" dropped jose abreu - I have first on the WW, that's a no-duh add right? I'll have to drop moustakas and I don't have a spot for him as such (1Bs in play are Votto, Santana, and Zimmerman). Should I try and trade one of those guys and ride the abreu train? H2H points league...

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Is the Ervin Santana train slowing down and or off the rails?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Is Tanaka broken or what is going on there exactly

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I have Votto, Abreu, Zimmerman, and Santana as 1Bs in a points league. I need help at OF. Any thoughts about which of those guys I should dangle, and who I should target? IE, currently undervalued OFs....

edit - I could also really use a SS.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Gobias Ind. posted:

Where is your league hosted and how is positional eligibility determined? Carlos Santana is now OF eligible on Yahoo because he starts in RF when Cleveland is in an NL park. He could potentially become OF eligible for you too down the line (haven't looked at Cleveland's schedule).

This is on ESPN, he still needs 5 more games to be OF eligible (I was hoping for this solution)

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Am I being stupid to consider trading Judge for Machado (SS elig) in a points league? I need a SS....

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Well that guy couldn't mash accept fast enough.

...let's hope Judge cools down and Machado heats up....

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
alright i'm done with tanaka, sorry

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Rand alPaul posted:

The last time I benched Machado he went 4-4 with 2 HRs. I've played him every game since then and he's done really gently caress-all.

He's bad.

I'm glad I flipped Judge for him.

HES GOING TO BE ON FIRE IN AUGUST JUST YOU WAIT

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
bewbies, the morning of July 14: "hey, Jon Gray looks like a good streaming matchup!"

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
After like 6 weeks of extreme discomfort I think my Judge-for-Machado trade is finally bearing some fruit.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I traded Judge for Machado.

I'm not sure you should do that, I'm just saying what I did.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Why would you give up on a 23 year old 2B with (probably) back to back 30 HR seasons? yeesh

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Pretty sure Salvy has been an historically durable (and overused) catcher.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I snagged Gallo in my points league and now love him

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I pretty well wrecked my money league in the regular season but I'm in serious trouble in the first playoff matchup.

...it all comes down to Kershaw tonight, probably.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
i'm pretty sure most sites count pitchers hitting stats

Otani is not going to be good enough to require a complete revision of fantasy sports

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I tentatively think I'm going to win my BIG MONEY ($1500!) league for the 2nd time in 3 years. God bless H2H points, god's preferred fantasy system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
starts limit is much preferable to innings limit in my opinion.

• Locked thread