Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

resident posted:

I feel great other than punting saves so I need some standing closers to blow-up soon. Yesterday was a good start.

One of my teams only has Cam Bedrosian on it for saves at the moment, and another has Melancon and Osuna so YEAH I AM FEELING IT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
So like I previously said I managed to completely gently caress myself on closers in one league. I currently have Cam Bedrosian and Felipe Rivero (I picked Kelley for the WAS lotto and lost) and the wire is loving dire:

Is there anybody worth picking up there? I know Barraclough put up amazing numbers last year but he's got a lot of guys ahead of him. It seems like I'm just gonna have to try to swing a trade or just give up on SV. I'm tempted to pick up Capps but SD is so bad I don't think he'll get many save opportunities. I guess Nate Jones might be a "Grab him before he gets traded somewhere he'll close" guy?

Pitcher scoring categories are ERA/K/W/L/SV/WHIP/QS.

EDIT: Also would you rather have Wacha, Ryu, or Musgrove?

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Apr 3, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ZenVulgarity posted:

The gently caress do you have wins, losses, and qs

hosed if I know, I only just joined this league. I'll bitch next year if it comes to it.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Aroldys cause Johnson could turn into a pumpkin at any point?

I'll add him to the watchlist, thanks.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Rand alPaul posted:

Jose Quintana oh dear.

Ah, so apparently at least part of my pitching staff imploding to start the season is going to be an annual thing I see.

Doghouse posted:

Yes Verlander yes!!

...thankfully one of my Quintana teams also has Verlander, Thor, and Carrasco (and Keuchel, Harvey, and Taillon) to see me through.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Rand alPaul posted:

0/10? Gary Sanchez sucks, drop him now.

Kris Bryant too. Ugh, trash.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Just got this proposed to me last night:

Realmuto is currently my BUC (Posey is my starter), my OF outside of Eaton is:
  • Khris Davis
  • Kevin Kiermaier
  • Hunter Pence
  • Matt Kemp
  • Melky Cabrera
  • Aaron Judge
  • Danny Valencia

and my SPs are Taillon, Odorizzi, Gsellman, Strasburg, Stroman, and Wacha.

I'm more worried about losing Eaton more than Realmuto since I have Posey, but I feel like the trade doesn't really improve my team much beyond having another mid-rotation SP. I have pretty much no RP so I may counter to see if I can get one of Allen, Treinen or Oh.

(12-tm H2H, scoring is 5x5 + OBP/SLG, QS/L)

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Doltos posted:

Judging by your OF alone you have way too many batters.

Oh for sure, but as per my previous post about the RP situation there's pretty much nothing out there. There's also 8 bench spots and Valencia still has 3B elig on ESPN.

EDIT: One of the other owners just contacted me about a trade that would be me giving Bryant for Donaldson+Holland/Colome which is more appealing. Pulled the trigger on that one.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 5, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Spoeank posted:

"This game is postponed, better lock the players!"

So stupid.

Yeah what the gently caress is up with that?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Spoeank posted:

*flips table*

ALL MY BAD PITCHERS ARE PITCHIN BAD

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
So for some reason in the Goon league all of my game times are showing as PST on Yahoo. Anybody know how to fix that? It wasn't an issue during football season, and I can't find a timezone setting anywhere.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

bewbies posted:

Anyone have any good thoughts on guys I should target as panic-buys after week 1? Points league guys preferably.....

Do you mean underperformers you can get for a song in trades, or overperformers you can unload for more than they're worth?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
lmao Rich Hill to the 10-day with a blister.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Spoeank posted:

Rich Hill is all blister

Then you'd figure he'd be used to it by now.

I'm tempted to just drop him at this point, he's only on my team because I had money left over in the last rounds and I wanted to screw one of the other guys who didn't.

EDIT: And I draft good catchers to act as backups on all of my teams, but for some reason whenever my starter sits, it seems like my BUC does too. Ugh opening week.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Apr 7, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Doghouse posted:

My h2h team's pitching thus far in my first week:

45.2 IP, 47 K, 1.38 ERA, 0.88 Whip, 3w, 3s.

So far I like pitching more than last year.

The pitching on all of my teams is in the shitter but I started off that way last year, too.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Abel Wingnut posted:

also, gallo looks like a professional ballplayer now.

do whatever you can to get him. trust me. his power in that stadium is a recipe for 40+ easy.

Isn't his playing time the big question this season when Beltre is back?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

the_american_dream posted:

I swear im not posting anymore about Buxton after this but my god is he trash at the plate right now. I hope the kid gets better irl outside of fantasy.

Same with Bird, just brutal.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Rand alPaul posted:

According to twitter it was "right biceps strain" so I hope not.

He's on the 10-day DL but that's also his throwing arm so I'll take the Over.

EDIT:
Two teams make this trade today:

Team A gets: Daniel Murphy, Nomar Mazara, Sean Manaea
Team B gets: Stephen Piscotty, Fernando Rodney, Kelvin Herrera, Adam Wainwright

Am I wrong in thinking Team B got totally fleeced? Piscotty is nothing special, Rodney is trash, Herrera is OK and I guess Wain-o is an upgrade over Manaea, but what the gently caress. The only 1B on Team B's roster now is Greg Bird.

EDIT2: Apparently the owner of Team A is notorious for just bombarding people with trade reqs until they give in.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Apr 9, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

the_american_dream posted:

Who is the better pick up h2h points, Ozuna or Margot?

People seem to really believe in Margot's power surge, so I would say him. The rest of their lines project to be pretty similar (Margot with a lower OBP) so the steals should just be icing.

EDIT:
Team with Melancon and Robertson - 0 SV this week
Team with Bedrosian and Holland - 3 SV this week

Man I hope Scioscia keeps Bedrosian in the closer role.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Apr 9, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

fromsinkingsands posted:

If you can get Jansen for Sano it's a no brainer. Do it.

Yeah, generally I would waver but that's an upside bet for a position where you can almost always find production (OF) for a Proven Closer™. Yes you can probably find a guy who is going to end up as a proven closer but the odds are probably better this way.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Beltre hit a setback with his calf today, fire up your Gallos for the foreseeable future.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

euphronius posted:

Nice

Finally we are in the age of Gallo

Managed to snag him in two leagues (one where I have Beltre.)

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Jingleheimer posted:

I just got offered Keon Broxton for my Sean Manaea. I honestly don't know much about Broxton and I don't really need him, but for keeper value alone I should accept that right?

What's the rest of your roster? That one could go either way.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Monday_ posted:

My DL now consists of Posey, Beltre and JD Martinez. I look forward to May when I might get my first win of the season.

I only have 2 DL spots on my ESPN teams, and all four of them are taken up right now, plus I have Donaldson and Carpenter DTD between the two. Posey, Beltre, Sanchez, and Kemp.

It's..not ideal but I managed to have two starting catchers and I always draft so many OFs on both teams so things could be waaaaaaaay worse.

Of course, Sanchez just took up the slot that Osuna juuust vacated.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Also the next guys in line behind Oh are Brett Cecil and Jonathan Broxton so, y'know...

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Thanks to Wil Myers sacrifice something, my team's OBP is lower than their AVG. That's a first for me.

Doltos posted:

What about Rosenthal?

Oh, I guess Siegrist too. Pitcherlist is usually more on top of things :mad:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

bewbies posted:

Should I drop Granderson for one of Souza, Hanigan, or Margot?

If you are going to do that, I would make it Margot.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ZenVulgarity posted:

Are your 3B garbage

Yeah that's a needs-based call.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Maybe tap the brakes on the Matt Bush train:

https://twitter.com/Evan_P_Grant/status/852192101521432576

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I've got Longo at 3B there now. Here's my roster:

BN: Grichuk

If your league uses OBP in any way, I would take Bautista over Grichuk. Similar projected HR etc. counts, but Bautista's projected OBP is ~60 points higher.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Apr 12, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
gently caress you Gsellman.

Hello Severino...

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Holy poo poo what happened to Verlander today?

Also when am I allowed to start getting really worried about Quintana?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
As long as Grichuk doesn't go yard tonight, I win this week after trading the lead back and forth all afternoon.

EDIT: :toot:

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Apr 17, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

bewbies posted:

I was kind of shocked to see Ervin Santana was still available in my league this morning...that's wrong, right?

I'm surprised he's still available at this point, but his next two starts could very much provide a quick market correction his ERA.

EDIT: Eduardo Rodriguez is going on paternity leave this week as well. Thanks to Twitter for saving me from a v dumb waiver move there.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Apr 17, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
So I just got this trade request thrown my way in a 12-tm H2H 7x7:

My Villar/Posey/Valencia

for his

McCann/Crawford/Schwarber/Calhoun/Bauer

I've got Realmuto at C as well, so that wouldn't be as bad of a downgrade at that spot as it might appear. I'm probably pulling the ripcord early on Villar, but I would have Crawford and Baez to fill in there...and Schwarber...

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Moneyball posted:

A downgrade AND you have to drop players? I wouldn't do it.

I keep telling him I have no interest in Calhoun whatsoever but he keeps putting him in every proposal. This dude is relentless, but this was the first trade he offered that actually kind of made me stop and think about it.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

jabro posted:

Marte suspended 80 games for PEDs.

Go grab Austin Meadows Adam Frazier if you have a free spot.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Apr 18, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mentholmoose posted:

Who's likely to get playing time in Marte's place?

Frazier is probably the best bet. They may also move Bell out there and put Jaso at 1B.

Longshot is they call up Austin Meadows from AAA.

(This is just from reading a few sources. Meadows is a top prospect but his AAA numbers have been very bad so they likely won't bring up up to face MLB pitching right now even with the opening.)

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Apr 18, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I dropped Gallo and kept Judge, I felt kind of bad about it this afternoon but loooool.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I just noticed Oh and Herrera are both on the wire in one league, would you guys drop Manaea for one of them? My rotation is pretty solid and he was earmarked as the "streamer" slot anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

My friends and I decided to do Saves+Holds as a category this year, it's the bee's knees.

Man, that opens up the "viable reliever" field so much. I actually wonder if it doesn't open it up too much.

• Locked thread