Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

I usually like to draft one league at the start of spring before the rankings are adjusted, I just finished that draft. I had the 12th pick.

Here's what I ended up with:

Yahoo 12 team H2H standard 5x5

C: Kyle Schwarber
1B: Anthony Rizzo
2B: Jonathan Villar
3B: Evan Longoria
SS: Trevor Story
OF: Trea Turner
OF: Andrew McCutchen
OF: Stephen Piscotty
UTIL: Javier Baez
UTIL: Aledmys Diaz
BN: Hunter Renfroe
BN: Yoan Moncada

SP: Carlos Martinez, Aaron Sanchez, Alex Reyes, JA Happ, Marco Estrada, Blake Snell, Lance Lynn
RP: Seung Hwan Oh, Tony Watson, Brandon Maurer, Neftali Feliz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Spoeank posted:

That's... a lot of Blue Jays pitchers

Yeah, that was unintentional. I didn't do much mocking before this to prepare.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

The Pussy Boss posted:

Schwarber has catcher eligibility??????? I'm not in any Yahoo leagues this year but that's HUGE

Yes, I was shocked too.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Doltos posted:

I still think going after Schwarber for your catcher position is hurting your value. Schwarbers going in the 4th/5th in most drafts this year probably and Grey from razzball has him projected as a 81/26/90 guy with a bad average. I'd much rather wait a bit until the 9th or 10th round to go after Lucroy or Posey and just lose out on a handful of dingers.

I got him in the 6th.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Doltos posted:

Is Xander really not getting that much hype this year? I see him going in the third in yahoo and I thought I'd have to spend an early 2nd on him.

Well, he's got 5 other shortstops ahead of him: Machado, Seager, Turner, Correa, Lindor.

That being said, some idiot in the league I drafted already took him in the first round.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I have no willpower and drafted another league just now.

I waited too long on pitching, I am aware of this.

yahoo 12 team H2H 5x5

C: Stephen Vogt
1B: Matt Carpenter
2B: Rougned Odor
3B: Manny Machado
SS: Carlos Correa
OF: Giancarlo Stanton
OF: Mark Trumbo
UTIL: Aledmys Diaz
UTIL: Eduardo Nunez
BN: Randal Grichuk

SP: Greinke, Harvey, Keuchel, Reyes, Paxton, Estrada, Eickhoff, Glasnow
RP: Oh, Watson, Maurer, Bedrosian

I think I like my other team better, not crazy about this pitching.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

It's me again, the dude with no willpower.

team #3 (not crazy about this team.... oh well)

12 team H2H 5x5

C: Vogt
1B: Goldschmidt
2B: Murphy
3B: Bregman
SS: Story
OF: Braun
OF: Polanco
OF: Bautista
UTIL: Diaz
UTIL: Justin Turner
BN: Baez
BN: Mazara

SP: Archer, Sanchez, McCullers, Wainwright, Reyes, Eickhoff, Glasnow
RP: Davis, Colome, Maurer, Bedrosian

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Moneyball posted:

Mock or real league? That's a slow-rear end team.

Real.... yeah, not my best team, probably my worst.

Aaaaaand my buddy talked me into yet another league which just drafted.

12 team h2h 5x5

C: Wilson Contreras
1B: Miguel Cabrera
3B: Manny Machado
OF: Jackie Bradley Jr.
UTIL: Alex Bregman
UTIL: Eduardo Nunez
BN: Dustin Pedroia
BN: Hunter Renfroe

SP: Chris Archer, Zack Greinke, Aaron Sanchez, Adam Wainwright, James Paxton, Drew Smyly, Ivan Nova
RP: Sam Dyson, Brandon Maurer, Cam Bedrosian, Neftali Feliz

Closers went super early so mine aren't great.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Doltos posted:

How do you pay attention to 4 leagues at once, and I'm suspecting you're going to be in 4 more before spring training even starts

Haha, I have one more league that is non-normal settings (OBP, QS, SV/HLD) that will draft the last week of spring training, but that's it, no more. I did do 8 leagues 2 years ago and that was way too many. I'll probably end up not paying attention to 1 or 2 of them.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

I think Rock The House MD has Reyes on 3 of the 4 teams he's already drafted lol

This is why you don't draft in February.

Yeah, that sucks, more for the Cardinals fan in me than for my fantasy teams. :smith:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

What are you guys' thoughts on 2 sleepers, Keon Broxton and Hunter Renfroe?

I currently own Renfroe, but realized Broxton is available, and he put up some good numbers in limited time last season, 9 HR and 23 SB in just over 200 ABs, which over a full season could amount to a 20+HR/40+SB season which is intriguing.

Should I drop Renfroe for Broxton? I have a ton of speed on this team already with Trea Turner, Villar, and Billy Hamilton (who got dropped and people weren't paying attention so I snagged him for my bench).

My offense:

C: Schwarber
1B: Rizzo
2B: Villar
3B: Longo
OF: Turner
OF: Cutch
OF: Piscotty
UTIL: Baez
UTIL: Diaz
BN: Renfroe
BN: Hamilton

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Pulled off 3 trades so far in the same league.

Gave: Drew Smyly
Got: Nomar Mazara

Gave: Eduardo Nunez, Chris Archer
Got: Yoenis Cespedes, Michael Fulmer

Gave: Andrew McCutchen
Got: Jon Lester

which gives me:

C: Contreras
1B: Miggy
2B: Villar
3B: Machado
OF: Cespedes
OF: Bradley Jr.
OF: Piscotty
UTIL: Bregman
UTIL: Pedroia
BN: Renfroe
BN: Mazara
BN: Buxton

SP: Lester, Greinke, Fulmer, Sanchez, Wainwright, Paxton, Zimmerman
RP: Dyson, Maurer, Feliz

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Feb 22, 2017

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

weas posted:

Highway robbery.

Just pulled off some more highway robbery in a different league. Traded Billy Hamilton and Javier Baez for Carlos Carrasco and Randal Grichuk.

I got Hamilton for free as a free agent a few days after the draft because someone dropped him and no one else picked him up.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

You made out, but I really like Hamilton this year. He really came on in the 2nd half last year. 36 steals in 45 games, batting .293 over that time. He finished the year with an OBP of .321, which isn't bad. He's also improved every year.

If he could make even another small step to a .270/.335 hitter, he could dominate a steals category all by himself. In both Roto and H2H.

I've got Turner, Villar and Broxton so I have plenty of speed.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Another trade in a different league:

Gave:

Gregory Polanco
Brandon Maurer
Stephen Vogt

Got:

Wil Myers
Willson Contreras

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Doghouse posted:

those are fine trades i guess, but polanco/myers and cespedes/archer are going around the same point in the draft

I significantly upgraded my catcher in the Myers trade, and in the Cespedes trade Nunez is going about 90 spots later than Fulmer.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Jon Gray.

Discuss.

Coors. :barf:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Hope no one here drafted David Price yet. :rip:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

another trade I just did:

Gave:

Paxton
Grichuk
Vogt

Got:

Fulmer
Grandal

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Updated OP with Pitcherlist. I just took the websites from weas' OP last year before pitcherlist.com was a thing.

I'd also add rotochamp.com, I find it pretty useful.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Gave:

Greinke
Mazara

Got:

Verlander

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I dunno that I'd keep Zobrist either.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

spanky69 posted:

Need some keeper advice here. Narrowed it down to the following players to keep (Max of 2 keepers per team). 10 team Yahoo league, snake draft, Rotisserie scoring (R/H/HR/RBI/SB/BB/AVG/OPS for hitting and W/CG/SV/K/ERA/WHIP/QS plus K/BB for Pitching).

4th Round - 2B Rougned Odor
7th Round - 3B Anthony Rendon
9th Round - OF Christian Yelich
10th Round - 1B/OF Wil Myers
10th Round - 3B/SS Eduardo Nunez
10th Round - P Steven Wright (CG Category)
14th Round - OF Stephen Piscotty
19th Round - 3B Nick Castellanos

Myers and Yelich look like the best values here.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

euphronius posted:

What do you all think of Yoan Moncada this year. 25 sbs possible ?

I think he is gonna spend a lot of time in AAA this year, they have no reason to rush him.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Is David Dahl worth a high waiver?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Yeah I'd stay.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

Ended up with the 5th pick due to ~something~ with the guy picking ahead of me so, cool.

:thumbsup:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

OK so one of my leagues only just kicked back in at the last minute here and I'm finalizing my keepers.

On the pitching side I've got Thor ($13), Verlander ($8), Maeda ($2), Urias ($4), Taillon ($10), Carrasco ($10), Lester ($24)

Position players I've got Posey ($34), Sanchez ($10), Stanton ($42), Bogaerts ($15), Hosmer ($25), Odor ($10), Eaton ($8), Yelich ($8), Kinsler ($17).

7 keepers, total draft budget is $260.

Right now I have Thor, Verlander, Carrasco, Maeda, Sanchez, Bogaerts, and Odor selected as keepers.

I love Urias and Taillon, but the inning limit and cost respectively are pushing me away from tagging them this year. I guess my question is am I going too pitcher-heavy with this? Should I drop Maeda or Carrasco and keep Eaton/Yelich? Swapping Maeda for Yelich is very tempting.

I was thinking Yelich so you could go that way. Thor/Verlander/Carrasco is a pretty sick 1-2-3.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Any tips for a draft with OBP, QS and saves+holds? Drafting at 6:30 tonight.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Don't worry about holds unless you're considering drafting a marginal closer. Good pitchers on bad teams (cough Jose Quintana cough) get a bump in QS and uhhhhh get Joey Votto

Yes, I knew the votto part.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Scratch that don't get Joey Votto. Two of the big gainers in OBP are first basemen. Carlos Santana and Brandon Belt. Could be had for a song depending on your league, and I like Brandon Belt as a decent breakout candidate this year (lol Giants homer lol)

Well, I got Votto and Santana.

Full team:

12 team H2H with OBP, QS, and SV/HLDS

C: Russell Martin
1B: Paul Goldschmidt
3B: Justin Turner
OF: Jackie Bradley Jr.
OF: Kendrys Morales
UTIL: Joey Votto
UTIL: Carlos Santana
BN: Keon Broxton
BN: Greg Bird

SP: Justin Verlander, Danny Duffy, Rick Porcello, James Paxton, JA Happ, Jharel Cotton, Michael Wacha
RP: Nate Jones, Raisel Iglesias, Shawn Kelley, Greg Holland

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Can of Cloud posted:

Sorry if this has already been asked, but who will be the Mets closer if Familia gets a lengthy suspension?

Reed.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

Reports are that Familia's suspension will be shorter than Chapman's because he's "cooperating," and Reed would be the fill-in.

15 games, just announced.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Timby posted:

Trout was indeed not kept. I was just looking through the available players and did a :stare: when I saw him on the list.

Congrats on winning your league.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Verlander is Just Okay for me this year. There's reason to believe his velo recovery is legit because apparently it takes for-loving-ever to recover from core muscle surgery even after you're "recovered" and he said he finally felt recovered last year.

He's in that solid but unspectacular SP 15-25.

For what it's worth, he was touching 97 today, so the velo is there.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Blake Treinen has been named the Nats closer.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Doghouse posted:

You need more speed, bad. Also get more sps, you don't need so many bench bats

Keep Broxton though.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I'm trading Votto for Bryant in my OBP league.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I love opening day overreactions. Someone dropped Eaton for Kiermaier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

euphronius posted:

Is 10 day DL new. I thought it was always 14 day.

It was 15 until this year.

• Locked thread