Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

:drat: Nomar :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Abel Wingnut posted:

9m
Pete Mackanin says he'll talk with Jeanmar Gomez tonight re: closer's role and have decision tomorrow. Sure sounds like change coming.

welcome to my teams, Hector Neris.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Jingleheimer posted:

I just got offered Keon Broxton for my Sean Manaea. I honestly don't know much about Broxton and I don't really need him, but for keeper value alone I should accept that right?

I like Broxton a lot and do not care at all for Manea, so sure go for it.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Doltos posted:

Broxton seems like just a steals guy while Maenea has huge SO potential.

Broxton has 20/40 potential. I don't know much about Manea to be honest.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

So Bregman and Bautista both got dropped, and I have the number 1 waiver. leaning towards Bautista, yeah?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

ZenVulgarity posted:

Are your 3B garbage

I've got Longo at 3B there now. Here's my roster:

C: Schwarber
1B: Rizzo
2B: Villar
3B: Longoria
SS: Story
OF: Trea Turner
OF: McCutchen
OF: Piscotty
UTIL: Broxton
UTIL: Diaz
BN: Grichuk
BN: Owings
BN: Brantley

SP: Carrasco, Martinez, Sanchez, McCullers, Paxton, Happ, Urias
RP: Oh, Watson, Treinen, Holland

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

Maybe tap the brakes on the Matt Bush train:

https://twitter.com/Evan_P_Grant/status/852192101521432576

If your league uses OBP in any way, I would take Bautista over Grichuk. Similar projected HR etc. counts, but Bautista's projected OBP is ~60 points higher.

This isn't my OBP league. I'm gonna claim Bautista but dunno who to drop (maybe Grichuk), and if I can find 2 drops I'll put in a claim for Bregman too.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Rand alPaul posted:

Who is dropping Bregman and Bautista this early in the season? :psyduck:

an idiot, duh.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

Holy poo poo what happened to Verlander today?

Also when am I allowed to start getting really worried about Quintana?

*ah-ahem* *clears throat*

gently caress PITCHING

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Also, if Thames is still available in your leagues, go grab him right the gently caress now. He looks legit, 5 HR already.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Also, if Thames is still available in your leagues, go grab him right the gently caress now. He looks legit, 5 HR already.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Mitch Haniger is also good.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Picked him up today. Beginning to think my league is full of people who don't care and people who don't know what they're doin'. Speaking of pickups, are there any catchers you guys can recommend I watch out for as callups?

Travis D'Arnaud seems to be the hot ticket right now.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I'm liking this Braun/Myers/Mazara/Haniger OF. All 4 guys ranked in the top 25, 2 in the top 10.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Moneyball posted:

Good thing I whiffed on Marte in most leagues, even though he was my top priority in the late 2nd, early 3rd.

What's a good feeler trade to float out there?

My friend who owns him just said he was gonna cut him once Kipnis comes off the DL, so maybe wait to see if he gets dropped first.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

ZenVulgarity posted:

Broxton is trying my patience

Yeah I've dropped 2 of my 3 shares of him.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got Haniger in 3 of my 5 leagues, and Thames in 1 of the 2 where I don't have him. so yay.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

amir garrett, go.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Cool dude list:

Thames
Haniger
Souza

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

tinstaach posted:

It's always fun when the middle relievers you draft in holds leagues get too good and end up as closers. And by always fun I mean not fun at all.

My friends and I decided to do Saves+Holds as a category this year, it's the bee's knees.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Rand alPaul posted:

Edit: and Mitch Haniger just pulled his oblique :(

Nooooooooo

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Cespedes, Eaton, Miggy, Aaron Sanchez, Koda Glover, and now Steven Souza.

This team is loving cursed.

edit: oh, and Marte.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Abel Wingnut posted:

obp replaces avg, add slg, add qs

who wins this trade:

pederson + pineda

schwarber + morton

Schwarber side

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

euphronius posted:

I'd rather have pinada. Seems like a good chance for 20 wins

You have clearly never owned Pineda before.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

OBP league, would I be crazy to drop any of these craptastic OFers for Domingo Santana?

Piscotty
Morales
JBJ
Polanco
Hernan perez

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Man, Judge is a monster.

I'm loving this outfield of Judge/Braun/Myers/Haniger/Garcia.

Also Judge/Thames/Brantley.

Free agent moves of the season so far for me:

Judge x 2 out of 5 leagues
Thames x 1
Haniger x 3
Brantley x 1
Leake x 4
Holland x 3
Bundy x 2

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Headley or Josh Harrison in an OBP league?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

chilihead posted:

I remember looking at his name after he hit his first 2 HR's. I thought he would be at best an empty stat power guy bringing down my average.
Think he got scooped up the next day. Now i'm actually more in shock over the whole team, they are crushing right now. Judge is a beast, even with regression. Can't believe this team will get Sanchez back as well.

Around the same time, my buddy in my OBP league traded Judge to someone for Rajai Davis. He's pretty pissed.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Abel Wingnut posted:

marwin gonzalez looks real, real good

Yeah I picked him up earlier today in 4 of my 5 leagues, he is eligible at every position except catcher. Super utility indeed.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Assuming Paxton isn't borked would you rather have Paxton/Cueto or Verlander/Shoemaker/Glasnow

Paxton Cueto for sure.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I'm absolutely crushing my OBP league (47-11-2) and I have no idea how this team is doing it. My offense isn't exactly dominant, and neither is my rotation. My bullpen is outstanding though.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

Should I drop JBJ for Ian Happ? Because I'm getting pretty sick of JBJ's poo poo but am afraid he will go ham the second I drop him.

I just dropped him for Cargo. :quagmire:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've scratched together an OF of Judge/Thames/Ozuna/Conforto/Bellinger/Brantley pretty much entirely from waivers/free agency.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

give: Bellinger

get: Brantley/Yelich

thoughts?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Soooo Britton is a free agent in one of my leagues. I have 5 closers. I don't know who to drop.

My closers are Holland, Watson, Bush, Norris, Knebel.

edit: poo poo, I gotta drop 2 since I have Story still in a DL spot, so drop 1 closer to activate story, then drop another to pickup Britton or should I not bother?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 01:18 on May 24, 2017

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

brutal year for injuries.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Man, what the hell is wrong with Schwarber? his average is down to .165.....

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

do not drop Odor in a dynasty league...

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

In one of my leagues someone just dropped Dozier for Howie Kendrick. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

the_american_dream posted:

Same. Between this and the rangers being garbage im ready for this season to end 😕

My fantasy teams are doing well, but yeah this Cardinals fan is right there with ya.

• Locked thread