Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

The Pussy Boss posted:

stream Wacha at home against the Phillies, or is he not safe even against a crappy offense?

The Cardinals are a dumpster fire right now, I'd avoid him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

the_american_dream posted:

This loving Cody Bellinger yall

I'd just like to brag a little bit about this offense of mine in one of my leagues:

C: Schwarber
1B: Rizzo
2B: Dozier
3B: Shaw
SS: Turner
OF: Judge
OF: Thames
OF: Bellinger
UTIL: Ozuna
UTIL: Conforto
BN: Marwin Gonzalez
BN: Villar
BN: Alonso

:allears:

edit: might as well add the pitching too, it is also good.

SP: Carrasco, Martinez, Bundy, Paxton, Nova, Berrios, McCullers
RP: Holland, Britton, Knebel, Rivero, Norris

somehow in 2nd place by half a game...

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jun 20, 2017

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Gearman posted:

Edit: I'm very jealous of your closer situation. I feel like I always have to scour the wire for second/third stringers that might luck their way in to a starting role.

You should see my other really good team, my closers there are ridiculous.

C: Contreras
1B: Goldschmidt
2B: Murphy
3B: Shaw
SS: Marwin Gonzalez
OF: Judge
OF: Avisail Garcia
OF: Myers
UTIL: Alonso
UTIL: Maybin
BN: Morrison
DL: Braun

SP: Archer, Wood, Leake, Berrios, Peacock, Straily
RP: Davis, Colome, Holland, Kintzler, Knebel, Wilson

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jun 22, 2017

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Abel Wingnut posted:

obp/slg, no avg keeper league

betts 25
for
judge 10

no brainer for judge, right?

yes

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Is it about time to pick up Starling Marte? He's still got about 20 games left on his suspension.

I need a drop, Haniger or Hicks? I could also drop Jimmy Nelson instead.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jun 23, 2017

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I'm in first place in my OBP league. Someone dropped Benintendi.

Yoink.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

WHY????????

Seriously, who'd they pick up?

Also, at the start of June, I was in 2nd but down about 16 pts in my Yahoo league. I am now tied for 1st.

They picked up Michael A. Taylor.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Come on Nats, put Turner on the DL.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Rand alPaul posted:

I wish I drafted Ozuna over Yelich :qq:

I wish I didn't trade Bellinger for Yelich and Brantley.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Schweinhund posted:

Harper and Correa not stealing bases has really dicked me over on steals this year.

losing trea turner really dicked me over on steals this year.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I mean, yeah, I knew Leake was gonna regress. but still. :argh:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Soooooo someone just dropped Miggy in one of my leagues.... I dunno who to drop. help?

I guess Avisail Garcia?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jul 10, 2017

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Doltos posted:

Obviously drop one of your lovely rear end pitchers or Cameron Maybin.

Yes, my pitching is so bad that i'm in 1st place. :rolleyes:

And I need Maybin for the steals.

I'm gonna drop Garcia if Miggy somehow makes it to me through waivers.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Doltos posted:

Yeah I shouldn't have said lovely but they're definitely not better than dropping Garcia who's killing it in OBP this year. Leake's like a 7.5 k/9 guy if that and Peacock is a waiver wire guy too. Plus you have way too many good closers which I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.

It seems to be working with the waiver wire starters. And this isn't an OBP league and Garcia has been relatively cold for a while now, he has 1 homerun in the last month with a .259 AVG. I doubt Miggy makes it to me though, so not like it matters. My waiver priority is pretty low.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Rand alPaul posted:

Just from watching the Tigers all year, Miguel Cabrera looks injured to me. I hope he somehow rebounds. :ohdear:

wouldn't surprise me, but I think he'll have a big 2nd half.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Doltos posted:

Wins are the dumbest stat. I swear from now on I want to only play in leagues with QS

My QS, OBP, Sv/Holds league is my favorite.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

The Pussy Boss posted:

So, who are the best waiver wire pickups of 2017? Alex Wood? Judge, if he went undrafted in your league?

I missed out on Wood everywhere, which pisses me off because I've been a fan since he was with the Braves. Got Judge in a couple leagues though.

Then there's Brad Peacock, who is 6-1 with a 2.9 ERA and 12 K/9 since joining the Astros' rotation.

for me:

Judge/Thames/Ozuna/Shaw/Bellinger/Smoak/LoMo/Marwin Gonzalez/Domingo Santana

Wood/Peacock/Holland/Berrios/Knebel

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Abel Wingnut posted:

https://twitter.com/castrovince/status/888933924981944320

dude was unreal tonight. watch it if you can and do whatever you can to get him. he didn't even really delve into his breaking stuff that much. he just commanded his fastball really well. top target

he was a free agent in 2 of my leagues. :getin:

goodbye Mike Leake.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Abel Wingnut posted:

hope you all got salazar

:hfive:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Berrios, you jerk. You just lost ERA for me. :(

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Abel Wingnut posted:

yea, he has issues with pitches that move, that's undeniable. but tonight he took some close pitches you'd expect him to whiff at. looks to me he's seeing the ball well.

who would you rather have, Broxton, Marte, or Maybin in an OBP league?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Abel Wingnut posted:

depends.

keeper league? if so, how much would he cost to keep? how far back are you in the offensive categories?

not a keeper, also H2H not roto. I'm in 1st place, 10 games ahead of 2nd.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Doltos posted:

Starling Marte? Why wouldn't you want him?

Abel Wingnut posted:

i'm assuming ketel?

Starling. Broxton intrigues me and Marte isn't having a great year when he has played. Maybe I need to give him a longer leash.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Pandanaut posted:

For those of you who have been in continuous leagues - do you have that one guy you just cannot trade with?

There's a dude in one of my leagues whose team name is "Non-Tradin' team".

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

My buddy's brother-in-law just dropped Travis Shaw in our OBP league. :stare:

I'm last in waiver priority. :(

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Abel Wingnut posted:

the gently caress is with this dejong guy?

he good

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

the_american_dream posted:

Thames, Bellinger, and now Gallo. Ive been insanely lucky with waiver 1st basemen this year

Ditto except I got Thames/Bellinger/Shaw/Smoak/LoMo/Marwin.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

And now Conforto goes down. August is brutal.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

5/5 making the playoffs, first round bye in 3/5. :toot:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I believe "gently caress pitching" is what you're looking for.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I'm headed to 3 championships out of 5 leagues and one 3rd place game. I'll take it.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Well I just lost one of my championships by .001 in AVG.

looking good for the other 2 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

So finished with a 1st place, two 2nd places, a 3rd place and a 5th place finish. I'll take it. Lost my 2 other championships by .001 AVG and 1 rbi.

• Locked thread