Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Bedrosian is supposed to be back on Tuesday. Don't know if he'll be closer or not though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

sometimes people just don't want to trade a guy. I don't really see Hamilton as a guy people are looking to use as a trade chip since he fills a specific role no one else can do.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Urias has to pass like 4 SPs to be a starter again. I think it's safe to drop him. He is unowned in my keeper league. There's always other pitching prospects.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

try to trade them to some team with open DL slots. I would give a good piece for Villar and I don't even have open DL spots.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Abel Wingnut posted:

so the resident dumbass in my league began the year bragging how his drafted team topped the league per this piece of software. does any recognize it?

What place is he in now? And of course if you use a tool to help you draft, the same tool is going to say your team is good. The same thing happens on Yahoo where if you do a mock draft and let it autodraft the whole thing, it grades your team at like a A- even though it's not a good team.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

I don't get the attachment to Hanley. He was good because he was a shortstop who hit dingers and stole bases. Now he's a 1B who barely steals bases and maybe will hit like 25 HR. His ceiling is an average fantasy 1B.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Blake Snell is getting promoted, he was doing really well in AAA

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=milb&player_id=605483#/career/R/pitching/2017/ALL

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

What's the situation with Delino Deshields and playing time for the Rangers? Is he going to be a regular?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

I'm starting to get triggered just from seeing the alert for a new trade offer appear. They're always SO BAD.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Harper and Correa not stealing bases has really dicked me over on steals this year.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Maybe I'm dumb but I would still love to have Villar. I'm a sucker for power + speed. Try to trade him to someone who needs steals.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Doltos posted:

I've owned Correa all year and thought I was getting steals from him until this post. Nope. Literally zero.

He hasn't even attempted a steal. 0 SB 0 CS

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

resident posted:

I'm pretty surprised Mallex Smith doesn't have higher ownership, he's at 18% on Yahoo, given the stolen base scarcity.

I just added him yesterday. He's also a lefty so you can bench him against lefties (especially Chris Sale today) and get good production from him hopefully.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

The league ERA is 4.35: http://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/MLB/pitch.shtml

Looked that up after seeing almost every team in my league has an ERA above 4.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Jeurys Familia might be back in a few weeks if he's available

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Bregman is supposed to get some SS starts with Correa out so he should get SS eligibility eventually. He has 3 starts there already.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

PSA about the Yahoo rankings: The "total" rankings for pitchers are always hosed up because they don't account for inning count in their rankings. So if a pitcher has 200 IP of 3.00 ERA and 1.00 WHIP, his "total" ranking for those categories will count the same as an RP with those same stats who only pitched 9 innings. So basically all RPs rankings are too high and all SP rankings are too low.

Also in the "pre-season" ranking they adjust for position, but in the "current" ranking they don't. That affects catchers the most. They all appear to be underperforming if you compare pre-season and current. But their real values are more in line with the preseason way of rating.

Schweinhund fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jul 23, 2017

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

I have Bautista and Yelich and I've wanted to drop one of them for like 2 months but can't decide which so I just keep both :/

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Now Yelich is in the top 50 because of his last 3 games.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Gallo has OF eligibility on Yahoo now.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Moncada got carted off after a bad collision. Someone in my league drafted him and held him the whole season, then he has a .500 OPS for a week and now he's probably headed to the DL for a while. At least he won't be taking up a roster space anymore.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

My ERA for the day is 162.00.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

D: :hf: D:

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

I've had guys I stop trying to make offers to in the past because they just leave the offers there and don't cancel. I forget which ones they were now though because I have the memory of a goldfish.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Trevor Cahill sucks

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Mike Foltynewicz is starting tonight even though Yahoo has him as starting tomorrow.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

so you ran him over with your car

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

The Yahoo/Rotoworld player notes are SO BAD.

"Jose Bautista drilled a solo home run during Friday's loss to the Pirates.

Advice: He cracked a long one off starter Jameson Taillon in the third inning, it was his 20th homer of the season. The 36-year-old is lugging a woeful .217 batting average and just hasn't been able to put together any sort of hot streak yet this season.
(Rotoworld.com)"

HE HAS 4 HOME RUNS IN 5 GAMES. They have a horrible note like this every day.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Schweinhund posted:

Harper and Correa not stealing bases has really dicked me over on steals this year.

I think I angered the fantasy gods

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Greg Bird hit 2 HRs yesterday in AAA.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Gallo OPS splits by month:
april .880
may .814
june .749
july .851
august 1.251

They were clearly down on him since they had him platooned and batting 9th for a while but his lows were never all that bad.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

I have so many great potential keepers but I can only keep 4. Gallo should hit 40 HRs as a 23 year old and I'll have to drop him.

Harper
Correa
Bellinger
G Sanchez
Gallo
Bregman
Buxton
Merrifeld

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

I vote for the first four.

Yep. I just have to decide if I want to try to package some up and make a trade to upgrade Sanchez or Bellinger. But a lot of the good keepers are on teams like mine with 4+ good keepers so the only real targets are Arenado, Betts, & Altuve. Altuve would be an upgrade but he's turning 28 and he cost $20 more so I have to think about it.

I don't trust Buxton yet but we'll see how he does. And I think he might only listed for like $10 next year so the way my league goes he'd probably be drafted for like $25 and I can keep him for $11 so it's not saving a ton of money to keep him. And Sanchez is really valuable in my league since it's only 9 offensive positions, so having a great player at C is really valuable.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

Unless you can get Posey, I would argue that you're not really going to upgrade at C over Sanchez.

Yeah I mean in the off season. I'd like to do something like Sanchez, Gallo & Buxton for Trout. But the guy who has Trout has 3 other really good keepers so he won't want to do that.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:siren: Carlos Correa stole a base :siren:

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

he's better in Fenway and they play a bunch of home games next so I'd keep him

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

assuming they can still use their apple watches to cheat at home I guess?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Victor Robles got called up, must add in keeper leagues if you're out of it

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Carlos Ro-done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

The Christian Yelich Paradox. Yelich is the #36 player in my league by total stats and one of my best player by that. But by average daily stats, he's #235 which means every day he should be one of the worst players to start. So arguably I should bench him every day, but he's near the top in overall stats for fantasy.

• Locked thread