Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Jingleheimer posted:

Wheeler is probably worth starting on a two start week, right? I'd have to bench one of Cole, McCullers, Pineda, or Colome to work him in. Leaning towards either benching Colome or leaving Wheeler on the bench since I like the matchups of the others. It's a points league so benching a closer wouldn't be a big deal for me.

I like what I've seen from Zack Wheeler. I think he sticks in the rotation all year. Own him in 3 of 4 leagues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah, Yahoo isn't great but compared to ESPN it's incredible.

That's funny, I feel the exact opposite. What do you think is bad about ESPN?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

gently caress you Tanaka :mad:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Is this where I brag about drafting Jake Lamb in all four of my leagues?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Moneyball posted:

As a Tanaka owner I could settle for 8 strong innings and an extra inning loss.

Uncanny.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Danny Salazar to the bullpen. Wow. Deserved, though. His command has been so bad sometimes. Mechanical issue maybe?

How the hell is Taillon pitching three weeks after testicle surgery? :froggonk:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Bregman was dropped in 2 of my Pro Leagues and I figured what the hell, I'll let him sit on the wire a few days. Went to add him this morning and he was gone in both :-/

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Drop Maeda for Brad Peacock? Peacock has been a strikeout machine, but I don't want to fall into the trap of overrating a bad SP who looks good out of the bullpen (like how people think Archie Bradley is a stud now based on 20 innings in relief).

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I've got Tanaka in my lineup, but if he gets annihilated again I might just drop. In my 10-teamer there are pitchers on the wire that I trust more than him.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Yeah he's 20 years old for chrissakes. I never understood why they fast tracked him so hard. Dodgers window is permanently open with that payroll.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Kenta Maeda to the bullpen

Could be no big deal, they've been shuffling their rotation around all year. But the manager's quote sounds more like Maeda is being demoted.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

stream Wacha at home against the Phillies, or is he not safe even against a crappy offense?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Zack, no, I thought we were cool

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Yeah the past couple weeks have been brutal for injuries.

If you had to drop Villar, Chris Davis (out for at least a month) or Kyle Hendricks (MRI on Friday) to clear a roster spot, who would you let go?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Schweinhund posted:

try to trade them to some team with open DL slots. I would give a good piece for Villar and I don't even have open DL spots.

Everyone in that league (Yahoo pro league btw) has multiple players on the DL though. In fact some guy posted on the message board a few days ago offering his injured players for trade

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Is it safe to drop Kyle Schwarber in Yahoo, where he is a catcher? Still has lots of upside, and he was playable at C in a 12-teamer even while hitting below the Mendoza line. But will he play every day when he comes back?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I think that strongly depends on:

1) Who your other catchers are
2) What catchers are available if you only have one

In my Yahoo league Mike Zunino is the highest rated catcher on waivers. Thankfully, I have Gary Sanchez and Ty Flowers.

I picked up Devin Mesoraco, and Castillo, Martin, Hedges, TdA, etc. are on waivers. Seems like most people in my pro leagues only carry one catcher. So I wouldn't be hosed over if someone picked up Schwarber, unless he's gonna turn back into Rookie Schwarber and go on a tear in the second half.

Also it's gonna suck to drop my 4th round pick but I'd get over it :P

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Abel Wingnut posted:

is there some warning sign with chris taylor? his babip is high but he's fast and has posted high babips consistently. his batted ball stats are looking good too.

some dude just dropped him in my obp/slg league. he seems pretty drat solid for a 2b/ss/3b/of. got to pick him up, i guess?

Yeah Taylor's a must-add IMO. He's playing everyday even with Joc, Turner and Forsythe healthy. He never showed much power before this year, but does have a track record of hitting for AVG and stealing bases, like you said.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/CSNMooney/status/880245987738099712

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Kyle Schwarber update: 391/500/913 with 4 HR in 7 games for Iowa

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Is Joey Gallo droppable in a 10-team redraft? I mean, I understand how good he'd be if he could hit .250, but he's got the worst whiff % in the majors and watching his ABs, he sure swings through a ton of pitches. Think he might legit be a .200 hitter.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Abel Wingnut posted:

the only problem with him in an obp league is playing time.

Well, that, and his terrible OBP :D

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

Would you rather have Kyle Schwarber or Wilson Ramos in an H2H categories league?

Ramos if he stays healthy, which he never does, so I'll take Schwarber all day.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Abel Wingnut posted:

according to whoever manages the rockies, dahl probably won't come up this season

that is completely unbelievable iyam. if he keeps raking, he will be up. even if he doesn't, i don't see why they'd keep him down. it's not his decision anyways.

The Rox don't have enough playing time to go around as it is. I expect they'll leave Dahl in the minors where he can play every day, rather than call him up to ride the bench.

Jingleheimer posted:

I've been offered a trade and I'm not sure how I feel about it. This is a 12 team H2H points league.

I think reliable starting pitching is so scarce nowadays that I'd only trade a SP for hitters/RPs if I was clearly winning the trade. In all my leagues there are plenty of interesting bats on the wire (Mancini, Gallo, Broxton, Pedroia, Kendrys, Schebler, etc etc) but there's just no pitching there worth a drat. Lance McCullers is striking out 10+ batters per 9 innings with an elite WHIP and is backed by perhaps the best offense in baseball. Don't trade him, unless it's for a top-10 bat, IMO.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Re: McCullers, I hadn't realized that he's had 3 meh starts in a row... hope nothing's wrong with him :ohdear:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

So, who are the best waiver wire pickups of 2017? Alex Wood? Judge, if he went undrafted in your league?

I missed out on Wood everywhere, which pisses me off because I've been a fan since he was with the Braves. Got Judge in a couple leagues though.

Then there's Brad Peacock, who is 6-1 with a 2.9 ERA and 12 K/9 since joining the Astros' rotation.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

so Danny Salazar is an ace again? this pleases me.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

DeepDickPizza posted:

Alex Bregman, despite an incredibly disappointing start, has been heating up lately, and just picked up SS eligibility in Yahoo.

Yeah Bregman's been added and dropped a bunch in my Yahoo leagues but I had to grab him when he got SS. Should be an upgrade over Villar since he plays every day, at least.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Boosh! posted:

Rest of the year: Peacock or Quintana?

We count quality starts for what it's worth (W, L, CG, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, QS, BSV).

I think Peacock has more upside with his gaudy strikeout numbers, but comes with a lot more risk. He doesn't have Quintana's track record of success in the MLB and could be moved to long relief even if he keeps pitching well. Plus he doesn't pitch deep into games, because he walks a lot of guys, and Houston has a stacked bullpen, whereas Quintana is a QS machine. So I guess I'll take Quintana even though I'm not as high on him as most people.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

As someone who owns Brad Peacock in 3 leagues and Mike Fiers in one, I'd really like to know how the Astros rotation will shake out when Keuchel comes off the DL tomorrow.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Well, goodbye to Addison Reed and Justin Wilson. I can't complain too much since I got them both for free off the wire.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Today I dropped Jon Villar in a league in which I drafted him in the 3rd round, and it felt pretty good.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Chris Taylor needs to be added to the Waiver Pickups of the Year list. Hitting .316 with 14 bombs and 13 steals, playing everyday and racking up counting stats in that lineup.

In one pro league I have Taylor (2B, 3B, SS, OF) and Marwin (1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF). It's like having a cheat code, just play them wherever ya feel like it.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

You mean Jonathan Villar? I remember him, does he still play baseball?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I've never done a trade in 5+ years of playing fantasy baseball. I dunno why, I guess I'd rather beat everyone by working the waiver wire. More fun that way for some reason.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Brewers trade for Neil Walker. If you're still hanging on to Villar in a redraft, it's time to let go.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I'm thankful I got Gallo back in all three leagues that I dropped him in. He's making me a believer.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

euphronius posted:

I haven't being paying attention but Gallo has always had the best or near best ops on the team . Why was he being demoted

Gallo had a brutal stretch in... July I think? Just 0fer after 0fer with a ton of strikeouts and his BA was down to ~.190. I never heard that rumor but it's not that hard to believe.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Add Cody Bellinger to that list

It owns when you think your team is finally mostly healthy and the fantasy baseball gods are like, LOL nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

All my players are dying :rip:

Hopefully Rhys Hoskins will save my fantasy teams

• Locked thread