Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I have replaced Trea Turner with Andrelton Simmons.

Sad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

edit: nevermind

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Alex Wood is the best waiver pitcher pickup I've ever had.

It'd be nice if he wasn't doing it for my real team's greatest rival, but them's the breaks.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

I'm on the verge of dropping him. Not even so much about his repeatedly elbow injuries now, but because the Giants will never be in a position for him to get another save this year.

They're playing much better at the moment and Bum will be back after the all-star break. They're not going to contend or anything, but they can't possibly be as bad as they were in April and May, where literally everyone on the team besides Buster was performing below their career norms.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

resident posted:

Is Cespedes droppable in a 12 team H2H? I've got to clear space for Brandon McCarthy coming off the DL, and already have Stanton, Upton, Mallex Smith, and Brett Gardner in my OF. It seems like his glass hamstrings are getting the best of him since he came from his DL stint.

Wait a couple-3 days and there's probably a 50% chance Cespedes can take that empty DL spot.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I'm glad someone posted about dropping Cespedes. I'd just kind of been auto-starting without looking instead of playing Dickerson and/or Souza. Now he's perma-benched until he gets it together (or his next DL stint)

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Cueto will be traded to a contender and put up some Ws. Also, he missed all of spring training and it's affected his control, or so he said today. So once he gets that figured out, he'll be useful again.

That's the bullshit I tell myself, at least.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Abel Wingnut posted:

tough to say who

doolittle's better, but madson and dusty have history

It stands to reason that the odd man out might get Holds, since everyone else in the Nats bullpen is terrible.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Taillon melting down vs. the Giants :(

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Abel Wingnut posted:

do your guys' leagues have a policy for accidental drops? i just accidentally dropped kimbrel :(

i mean, it's obvious i did not mean to do so, especially since i picked up claudio in the same transaction. yes, it's my fault, and yes, i should have paid attention, i know. i was on my phone and just didn't realize it. at the same time, i feel like how obviously bad a move this is outweights that, especially since i'm very active in the league and have won it multiple times and never, ever would have made meant to do this.

thoughts?

Tell the commissioner? You obviously didn't mean to drop a top 5 closer. If I was commissioner I'd fix as long as you messaged immediately after it happened

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I dropped Cargo on the 4th of July in a 12 man league. He has sat in FA ever since.

Someone still owns him in our goon league that has 4 OF spots though!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Rand alPaul posted:

Bryce Harper :rip:

Thanks for starting a game at 10PM in the loving rain, MLB.

That is the Nationals decision. And since the Giants don't play at Washington again and they're already playing a doubleheader tomorrow, what else could they do?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

God help me, I want to drop Miguel Cabrera.

I'd rather they just Dl'd him for a month and he came back rested and healed for the back end of the fantasy playoffs.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

March: "I will just stream catchers!"

August: *Ends up with something named "Tucker Barnhart" as an everyday starter*

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Can I use Miggy's looming suspension as an excuse to finally drop his rear end?

https://streamable.com/ppy4t

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Yanks-Indians rained out already

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Boosh! posted:

I did luck out on nabbing Buxton off FA.

" posted:

Byron Buxton told reporters Thursday that he's dealing with a left hamate bone injury.
Not good. Buxton suffered the hand/wrist injury on a hard swing Wednesday night and he underwent an MRI on Thursday morning, the results of which should be available by the middle of Thursday afternoon's series finale against the White Sox. If it's a broken hamate bone, the rising star will be out at least 4-6 weeks. Zack Granite is playing center field and batting ninth Thursday versus Chicago right-hander Miguel Gonzalez.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Do you guys lock the eliminated teams once playoffs start? That's what I do in football. I've never commissioned a baseball league before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Rand alPaul posted:

HGH and Centaur Paintings had another successful season of bad team names. I just paypal'ed out money to the winners.

Thanks again for running that. I was able to squeak by Pussy Boss in the semis, then lost by a single strikeout and win in the finale. Shoulda streamed more!

• Locked thread