Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Probs a concussion and at least 7 days on the DL. I missed the play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Anyone care to rearrange the ranking of these teams in terms of good streaming options?

SD
CWS
KC
MIN
ATL
PHI
SF
TOR
SEA
LAA
OAK
TB
CIN

SD and CWS are obvious, but KC has been terrible, TB has scored a ton of runs despite striking out a ton, and ATL has been a little better than I expected.

Any teams to add? The rest are tossups or teams I'd avoid, even if I guess wrong. I wound up missing Severino's gem by benching him against Boston.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Oh I've been aware of that... Thanks, Sano. I guess there was some metric that made me think they were worth streaming against. Or maybe I just had it in my head that they were so bad because of their record.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Cheer up, bud.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Streaming has been a lot better lately now that I've been sticking with a list of certain starters facing certain teams. Never trust anyone with a below average K/9. I'm looking at you, Josh Tomlin. My only problem now is lack of roster spots.
Every year I wind up with a pretty good team, but not enough roster spots to pick up all the players who come out of nowhere.

Next year I'm going try an early draft where I spend all my auction money on like 5 early first round hitters, the rest on whatever lottery tickets I can land, and then pick up all the speculative picks during spring training. Think $240 could land Goldschmidt, Altuve, Arenado, Machado, and Mookie for an average of $48 each? It would suck if one got hurt though.

Potential team right now could be:

C: Hedges
1B: Goldschmidt
2B: Altuve
3B: Arenado
SS: Machado
OF: Mookie
OF: Haniger
OF: Judge (largely unowned before he made the opening day roster)
UT: Zimmerman
UT: Gallo

SP: Dylan Bundy, Luis Severino, and a bunch of streamers
RP: Greg Holland, Brad Brach, Hector Neris, Bud Norris

I'm sure I could get some more permanent closers as the season goes on. The rest of the available slots I could fill with whoever gets hot. It's like the $1 pitcher and stars and scrubs strategy but a lot more drastic.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Article from Andy Behrens
I am here to tell you that Rizzo will almost certainly achieve second base status by July. You can track his progress by going to the “Players” tab in your fantasy league, then scrolling to “Position Eligibility.”
Yahoo obviously doesn’t make independent determinations about defensive appearances, and we are not going to dispute MLB’s official record of events. Also, we aren’t about to make a mid-year change to longstanding game rules.
If you’re a fantasy owner with Rizzo on your roster, rejoice. This is kind of ridiculous, but also awesome. You shouldn’t need an expert to tell you that Rizzo is a top-tier fantasy second baseman.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I am desperately trying to trade for him and trying to rid myself of PEDee Gordon

Related, before he pulls the offer, do I trade Altuve, Scherzer, and Raisel Iglesias for Rizzo, Blackmon, and Matt Moore Roster Spot

C: Castillo
1B: Edwing
2B: Altuve
3B: Gallo
SS: Correa
OF: Cruz, Souza, Judge
UT: Santana, Reynolds
DL: Haniger

SP: Kershaw, Scherzer, Severino, Pineda
RP: Iglesias, Bush, Feliz, Norris,
DL: Gray

I built a solid lead in pitching and I'm far behind in hitting, so I have to do this right?

vv praying 4u

Moneyball fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 28, 2017

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Schweinhund posted:

10 home runs this week :smugdog:

Ya plus Zimmerman and Wieters.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I'm in a league where one guy, for whatever reason just to troll, has taken every SS.

And I still dropped Tim Anderson.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

In a standard 10-team Roto, is Avila worth dropping Evan Gattis to pick up, or worth picking up over Lucroy?

I'd stick with Lucroy and use the roster spot on someone who adds more value like a lights out RP

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Kendrys Morales is terrible. Droppable in a 12 team league? When is he going to turn it around so I can be sure to drop him right before he goes 3/4 with 2 HR and 5 RBI

chilihead posted:

I'm really thinking of benching Grienke tommorow. What do you guys think of benching decent pitchers in Coors? Is this the right move for most pitchers?

I know in football, don't sit your studs, but I remember having a discussion about Kershaw at Coors last year, and his ERA is high there. Whoever I was replying to ended up starting him and regretted it. So I'd probably even bench Kershaw there.

8 - 4, 4.71 ERA, 1.30 WHIP, 9.1 K/9. So he becomes a slightly below average pitcher there. I think Greinke would be a nightmare.

Moneyball fucked around with this message at 21:18 on May 4, 2017

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

In grass is green news,

quote:

Rich Hill (blister) allowed two runs, three hits and one walk in 2/3 of an inning during Thursday's rehab start for High-A Rancho Cucamonga.
What a disaster. The plan was for Hill to throw four innings but instead he faced just six batters over the course of 29 ineffective pitches. Hill didn't seem to be hurt but obviously he's not ready to rejoin the Dodgers' rotation just yet. Alex Wood will continue to fill in while Hill, who has been hampered by blister issues, works to get back on track.
- Rotowire

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I'd say he as real as Nunez is. I mean, there's only been one season where Nunez was any good.

Can I cut bait on Peraza in a 12 team roto league yet? I'm leading the league in SB and I have Gordon, Cain, and Pollock, plus Marte for when he gets back. Peraza is stinking it up on my bench now.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Junkyard Poodle posted:

That's fair. You thinking dropping McCann for Beckham today to insure against Story stinking it up would be a prudent move prudent?

That's prudent.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Moneyball posted:

Kendrys Morales is terrible. Droppable in a 12 team league? When is he going to turn it around so I can be sure to drop him right before he goes 3/4 with 2 HR and 5 RBI

So I dropped him yesterday, and...

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I definitely didn't want to do it, but he was so consistently doing nothing

e: What should I be asking of someone who wants Thames and Judge? That has to be a substantial return, right?

Moneyball fucked around with this message at 18:59 on May 6, 2017

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

One team is just signing everybody this year

http://www.theonion.com/article/disabled-list-offers-mark-prior-two-year-8-million-5338

related,

http://www.theonion.com/article/mark-prior-just-needs-to-stop-by-hospital-for-a-se-6062

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Thanks Yahoo for dragging rear end in putting Britton on the DL even though it had been announced. Refreshed over the span of a few hours waiting to DL him and pick up Bellinger. 17 minutes too late.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Is CarGo droppable at this point? We're past the point of "cold streak." It's been 112 ABs. That's nearly a quarter of the season he's been utterly putrid.

If someone dropped him, I'd claim him.

Then again, I burned a waiver on Jose Bautista so maybe I just want to believe

bewbies posted:

Is the Ervin Santana train slowing down and or off the rails?

I think it's got back on its proper track.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Reasons not to play in public leagues: Logging in to seeing that someone's trade of their Ian Desmond and Michael Wacha for Nolan Arenado and Robinson Cano has gone through

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Rand alPaul posted:

I'm wishing for the best and hope he becomes the no. 1 starter we all know he can be.

I find myself saying this about a lot of pitchers around the end of March

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

How are y'all in leagues with shallower benches dealing with all these early injuries? I've got Donaldson, Bumgarner, Britton, Haniger, and now Taillon all on the DL, but only 4 bench/DL slots. Are you just eating the empty roster spots until they return, or are you dropping valuable-but-hurt guys?

Bourbon, mostly

In one league, I have JD Martinez, Cespedes, Hamels, and Bumgarner, but only 2 DL spots. It's roto so I guess it's not as big of a deal on a weekly basis. Maybe sacrifice one of them especially if pitching is your weakness and start streaming.

Twin Cinema posted:

Two really ugly starts from Adam Conley in the past three games. I'm not sure what to do with this guy, but my finger is hovering around the drop button.

I was burned once or twice, and I'm staying far away even in a 12 team league. He's a FA everywhere I've seen him, other than the ratio destruction he's caused me.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I don't have him on my team, but Jered Weaver should really retire.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

the_american_dream posted:

Lol what a great day to stream aj loving griffin

I streamed him in every league he was available. Good choice. Got Matt Andriese and Wheeler in some leagues, let's see if they ruin my night.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

coronaball posted:

K-Rod out, Wilson in as closer.

Melancon DL'd, add Strickland. (note: this would require the Giants to be able to win a game to have any fantasy value)
Could Law close instead? Spoeank?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

You're assuming the Giants win a game.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Can't drive the afternoon bus?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Today was good for streaming, unless you chose Bartolo Colon or Jharel Cotton.

In one league, all 8 of the pitchers I played made an appearance (4 SP, 4 RP) and only two, maybe three got drafted in most leagues, and even then, outside the first dozen rounds or so. Andrew Miller, Raisel Iglesias, Julio Urias

Final line:
31 IP, 2 W, 2 SV, 21 K, 1.16 ERA, 0.77 WHIP.
Two SP left with leads that the bullpen lost.

Final analysis: gently caress drafting SP

Doltos posted:

I finally cut Jackie Bradley Jr. and a quick look up at the draft results showed that I could have easily had Benintendi instead

Looking back at the draft for me tends to be depressing.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I knew Kenta Maeda could do some unreal things, but this is a new one

code:
PITCHERS	IP	H	R	ER	BB	SO	HR	
K Maeda		0.0	8	0	0	0	12	0

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Some good streaming options for tomorrow, for those of you with next day roster moves. They might not be available, but it's possible.

Miguel Gonalez vs SD
Patrick Corbin vs PIT
Chris Tillman @ KC
Scott Feldman @ SF

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

What are the chances that Alex Bregman or Dee Gordon get SS eligibility on Yahoo by the ASB?

I'm in a league where some dick drafted and picked up almost every SS (literally a team of 23 SS) so no good SS are available and the owners that did manage to get one aren't selling. I have Gordon, and just traded Longoria for Bregman on the off chance he picks it up.

Gordon just started one game at SS, while Bregman is at 6 games played remaining and 2 starts remaining.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Yeah, it's just a rando public league so I guess it doesn't matter, but it's otherwise alright.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Gausman or Reed?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Any chance Desmond adds SS eligibility while Story is out? He is in LF tonight but I'm just praying

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Moneyball posted:

Thanks Yahoo for dragging rear end in putting Britton on the DL even though it had been announced. Refreshed over the span of a few hours waiting to DL him and pick up Bellinger. 17 minutes too late.

He was right there...

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Alex Wood with 6 strong innings and 10k at Coors. Some other gems there recently. What is this bizarro world?

Arenado, Blackmon, Cargo, Desmond, Reynolds, etc.. shouldn't be so easy.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Gallo is a lefty tho

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

How high can I go when trying to sell high on players without eliminating all value? I was thinking of:

Thames, Judge, Realmuto, Severino, Bundy for Miggy, Posey, Carpenter. Extra spots would be to pick up Berrios and Happ or whoever jumps in value.

Am I shooting myself in the foot with that?

e: Chapman out, pick up Betances if he's available.

Moneyball fucked around with this message at 16:54 on May 14, 2017

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

6 IP, 1 SV, 8 K, 24.00 ERA, 3.83 WHIP

Keep up the good work guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Would you be confident enough in a Alonso/Bellinger/Hanley three-headed beast at 1B to trade Miggy Cabrera? Carlos Hernandez to trade Dee Gordon? Trevor Story/Zack Cozart to trade Carlos Correa??? This team is 9th out of 10 in a mixed 5x5 Roto league and I'm not sure what to do to fix it. Should I just stand pat and wait for guys to bounce back/get healthy?

C: Brian McCann
1B: Miguel Cabrera
2B: Dee Gordon
3B: Kyle Weaver
SS: Carlos Correa
MI: Carlos Hernandez
CI: Yonder Alonso
OF: Mookie Betts, Odubel Herrera, Michael Conforto, Cody Bellinger, Aaron Altherr
Util: Gregory Polanco
BN: Hanley Ramirez, Mitch Haniger
DL: Trevor Story

P: Chris Archer, Jose Quintana, Danny Salazar, Rich Hill, Robbie Ray, Lance Lynn, Eduardo Rodriguez, Edwin Diaz, Justin Wilson
BN: Corey Kluber

The best FAs are:
Hitters: Bregman, Cozart, Pillar, Marwin, Broxton, Holliday
Pitchers: Nola, Tillman, Morton (plus DL guys Britton and Taillon)

Kyle Seager?

The only thing I'd do is find a better catcher. Surely in a 10 team there's someone better.

How are you on games started pace? I'm trying to spot start my way in to being way ahead of pace, then roster a bunch of good RP for the last month or so to hopefully drop my ratios and boost my season end strikeout total.

• Locked thread