Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yeah they just talked about that on the radio. Apparently he described it as a "sharp pain" when he first felt it which I guess usually means a break? Basically a season ending injury if true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

In redraft maybe, but if you locked my dynasty team right when prospect callups were coming I would quit that league.

I just give the ultimatum that if you're in the consolation bracket but clearly loving with people in contention then you get hosed in the draft :v:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I am reminded this morning of my least favorite thing about September baseball: injured players never going on the DL

looking at you specifically, Michael Fulmer.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Isn't he seeing Dr. Andrews?

RIP

yeah, he's almost assuredly done for the year, but if he doesn't need surgery then he's probably worth keeping and I don't want to just effectively give him away to someone

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pandanaut posted:

Especially now that it's a complete crapshoot and a sprint in H2H.

drat you for outbidding me on Votto, btw :v:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chief McHeath posted:

Down 4-5-1, the only things that can change are my R (down 1), HR (down 1) and RBI (down 3) with my Lonnie Chisenhall left to go tonight.

If I'd left DEE loving GORDON in my UTIL spot when he didn't start the game, I would have gotten his solo home run (his god drat second of the year), tied HR and RBI and won the matchup 4-3-3 already, climbing back in everything all week after getting JD Martinez'd on Sunday.

gently caress this poo poo. That's gotta be one of the worst bad-beats of all time fantasy history, a DEE GORDON home run.

I once lost in the finals of a fantasy basketball league on literally the last shot of the season, a three point shot by marcus morris (e: or maybe markieff) at the buzzer in a game his team was losing by like seven points :colbert:

:smith:

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Sep 11, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

3/3 for making the playoffs this year :toot: Two four seeds with a 4/5 matchup and one top seed with a bye.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

resident posted:

I missed the playoffs because I trusted Bartolo Colon to not blow up against the Royals.

you got what you deserved

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Every time I think about trying to find a replacement for Zunino he goes and hits more dingers

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Pussy Boss posted:

Why's he special?

Because he might end up being in the lineup on days he's not pitching

bewbies posted:

i'm pretty sure most sites count pitchers hitting stats

Yahoo and ESPN don't so no

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Schweinhund posted:

The Christian Yelich Paradox. Yelich is the #36 player in my league by total stats and one of my best player by that. But by average daily stats, he's #235 which means every day he should be one of the worst players to start. So arguably I should bench him every day, but he's near the top in overall stats for fantasy.

Average daily stats has poo poo-tons of players with incredibly low amounts of playing time loving everything up

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Is there a Jon Lester support zone?

Fuuuuuck!

:(:hf::(

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pandanaut posted:

In other news Miggy Cabs has two herniated discs in his back.

That explains a lot.

I think he's been on my bench for the last month

Also good god did I get shithoused in the semis

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I should really consider moving the playoffs back a week but in a 12 team league it lines up too perfectly to have the finals on the last week :(

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Innings limit is hard because if you're like 19 under and start three guys that all go 7+ innings (and maybe get an inning or two from closers) it's not really your fault for picking good pitchers and I don't like the idea for punishing people in that case (which is why it probably allows you to go over the limit on the day you do).

But if you blow way past it intentionally then that's different. I'm about as rules lawyer-y as it gets and even I wouldn't do that.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pandanaut posted:

The guy I was most worried about I beat 10-0-2 in the semis. If I had played him this week I think he would have swept me 12-0.

I think both of us would have whooped your rear end lol. I wasn't managing my lineup at all and left a ton of pitching on the bench. That's baseball! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Right click the image and pick "copy image location" or whatever your browser's equivalent is, then paste that.

Also gently caress I hate how bloated the new forums look is.

• Locked thread