Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

The Pussy Boss posted:

One last try - any interest in a new redraft league, ESPN, standard settings, $20, drafting Saturday?

What time? I've got an online draft with friends from 12~4 PST and could jump in if it overlaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Inspector_666 posted:

I felt pretty good about my teams when I drafted them and the day after but I just looked at my lineups now and feel like I completely hosed up in every way. YAY FANTASY SEASON :shepicide:

I feel great other than punting saves so I need some standing closers to blow-up soon. Yesterday was a good start.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

I'm planning on stashing Capps with my DL slot. Nate Jones will probably close whenever David Robertson gets dealt, but that won't be for a couple months.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Abel Wingnut posted:

one thing that did interest me today...bogaerts stealing 2 bases in 2 attempts. he tried another time but the ball was fouled off.

is this potentially a thing? he's never really stolen bases before so i'm not sure what to make of today's splurge. and one of them was 3b.

If he stays at 6 in the lineup I don't know why they would take away his green light as long as he is having good success. That could change if he ends up getting shifted back to the top of the lineup.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

My league's post draft waivers cleared today. I find it amusing that someone used all $100 of their waiver claim money on Jason Grilli.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Is trading Sano for a top end closer like Jansen a decent move at this point? My only closer is Familia, and either need to trade him to punt saves or find him a buddy for when he gets back. I can back fill 3B by picking up Moustakas or Drury.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

ZenVulgarity posted:

Isn't sano also of

Generally speaking gently caress closers

Yeah but I have 5 other OF so he will never play there.

I'd love to play the ww closer game but we have that one rear end in a top hat in our league that gets every closer unless I somehow catch the transition after 10pm PST while he is sleeping already.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Shout out to my friend that dropped Thames for Mike Leake last Thursday.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Bogaerts' first homer 46 games into the season. Praise jeebus

resident
Dec 22, 2005

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

John Lackey is just straight up droppable now, right?

Came to post this... it depends on waiver wire depth I guess. I'm currently stashing Tyson Ross, Rodon, Urias, and Taijuan Walker cause the wire sucks so badly. I think I might give the Peacock a roll dropping either Urias or Lackey.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Perhaps championing Duffy for Cy Young after his first four starts was a bit hasty.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Is Matt Carpenter a guy that historically takes a while to heat up? I'm about ready to drop him for Devon Travis.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Is it silly to drop Lackey or Urias for a speculative Felipe Rivero add in a 12 team league with a terrible pitcher ww? If Lackey tanks tonight it will be pretty hard to continue rostering him.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

Fuuuuuuuck I am tempted to pick up Hand now but that situation is such a poo poo show.

EDIT: gently caress it, dropping Lamet.

I dropped Lamet and picked up Godley simply for the team name possibilities his ownership opens up.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Rand alPaul posted:

The following pitchers are good:

I have no regrets drafting Kershaw second overall. Especially since my hitters are leading the league in R, HR, & RBI.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

My league is notoriously hard to trade in, and I had Cespedes coming off the DL so I dropped Thames before his homer & double last night. Surely this will not come back to bite me.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Aaron Nola needs to be a reliever. Dude is incapable of pitching more than 3 good innings.

E: also gently caress Thames

resident fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jun 17, 2017

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Pandanaut posted:

Can Hanley just get put on the DL? I know he is playing tonight but honestly he would be more valuable to me just not playing. I also can't bring myself to cut him.

Also what the hell has gotten into Ian Happ lately?

E: Right on cue is a homer. Point still stands.

He's been on my 12 team h2h league's FA list for the past week.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Nola is finally off my poo poo list.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

I'm pretty surprised Mallex Smith doesn't have higher ownership, he's at 18% on Yahoo, given the stolen base scarcity.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Is Cespedes droppable in a 12 team H2H? I've got to clear space for Brandon McCarthy coming off the DL, and already have Stanton, Upton, Mallex Smith, and Brett Gardner in my OF. It seems like his glass hamstrings are getting the best of him since he came from his DL stint.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

It seems like John Lackey is back to 2016 form. Probably worth a pickup if he's sitting on your waiver.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

The Bud Norris experience seems like it might be coming to an end. He's had some awful games recently.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Schweinhund posted:

Mike Foltynewicz is starting tonight even though Yahoo has him as starting tomorrow.

Came here to post this, terrible rotation buddy :(:hf::(

resident
Dec 22, 2005

I'm pretty glad I drafted Stanton this year.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

Stanton went 35th overall, in the 3rd round. With my 3rd round pick, 29th overall I took...

Jonathan Villar.

:smith:

(I did turn Villar, Myers, and K Davis into Springer, C Taylor, and Kershaw though, so I guess I can't be too upset at the end of the day.)

I grabbed Stanton 26th overall, 2nd pick of the third round, because everyone in the next 24ish picks had some level of uncertainty and way less upside. Turns out only 3 or 4 guys from rounds 3 and 4 lived up to their draft position i.e. Springer, Cruz, and Murphy.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

I'd love to have an ERA under 5 one of these last few weeks.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

I missed the playoffs because I trusted Bartolo Colon to not blow up against the Royals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resident
Dec 22, 2005

I talked my league into a 20 week regular season so our playoffs don't get screwed over by benched players next year.

• Locked thread