Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

My friends and I decided to do Saves+Holds as a category this year, it's the bee's knees.

Thats what I wanted to do in the goon league this year but we went for Saves and Holds as two separate categories. It's actually pretty fun trying to find a balance on the roster or punting one of the categories. My strategy has been to grab holds guys that occasionally spot in the 9th when the closer was used the day before. It sometimes gives me that extra boost I need to win both categories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Spoeank posted:

Someone out there got Bumgarner and Marte at the 2-3 turn. Imagine being that person right now.

They deserve it for going SP that early

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I sent a trade of Nelson Cruz and Michael Fulmer for Rougned Odor like a week or so ago in the goon league and forgot to cancel it and it got accepted

Odors totally gonna start mashing soon right

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
It's just so tempting to over-react in April and get burned in May-September chasing the waiver wire

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Haniger nooooooo

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
For some reason the White Sox have been blowing up my pitchers so far this year

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I had 10 dongs but my opponent was mightier with 13

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The White Sox inexplicably shell another one of my pitchers

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Junkyard Poodle posted:

With Sanchez back, I've got too many catchers.

Sanchez
McCann
Avila

I've been floating trades for McCann and Avila and no one is biting.

Who do I drop? I'm thinking McCann because avilia is prob be better for spot starts since he'll likely stay in the field/dh. But then I think Houston has a p good line up and mccann is protected better. Idk

You'd probably drop McCann and Avila for something good because even the best catchers put up lower stats than most of baseball's top 200.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Moneyball posted:

Thanks Yahoo for dragging rear end in putting Britton on the DL even though it had been announced. Refreshed over the span of a few hours waiting to DL him and pick up Bellinger. 17 minutes too late.

It's ridiculous how long it takes Yahoo to DL some people. I had to wait a couple days on Haniger and straight cut Doolittle because it wasn't worth waiting 2 days for his DL to come up to grab some other guy I wanted.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I remember you going oh ok I guess I'll take him if no one else will when you took him in the goon draft

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Rizzo finally did something by getting doinked like the big dumb idiot he is

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I finally cut Jackie Bradley Jr. and a quick look up at the draft results showed that I could have easily had Benintendi instead

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I already have him because every guy I pick up for holds inexplicably becomes a closer.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm starting to think that outfield is as easy to replace as pitchers and that the only positions that you should draft early on are infielders

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

euphronius posted:

I'd take miggy rest of the year over those guys. I'm only confident in Hanley and he gets hurt all the time.

Bellinger was a .270ish hitter that strikes out a ton but gets dingers. Alonso is also a .270ish hitter and has way, way more HRs than he's ever hit before.

I think Bellinger is a legit Trevor Story type player that will get a huge green light to swing at everything and sock his 25+ dingers. Adrian Gonzalez coming back shouldn't affect him too much. I can't see how Alonso keeps it up though and Hanley is for sure going to get hurt. Definitely keep Miggy and just enjoy Bellinger.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Moneyball posted:

I've done some research and have come to the conclusion: gently caress pitching

That's why I'm only on H2H now. Pitching hurts a lot less when you can punt ERA and WHIP every week and just go for K monsters.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Pandanaut posted:

Yeah that's par for the course, especially for the Cubs. It started with Bryant, for good reason, but then the hype train went into another gear for Schwarber, Russell, Baez and Contreras. Happ is the next man up and I'm sure Jimenez will be viewed as the next best thing to Moncada soon.

You forgot Jorge Soler. Also the Astros seem to get insane hype on every prospect as well.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I always viewed the DL as the price to pay for picking dudes with injury histories. I suppose the new shorter DL is getting guys on quick stints but that's not that big of a deal either.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rand alPaul posted:

Pitchers are dying left and right.

I drafted Rich Hill and Walker and now I'm mad about blisters

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Spoeank posted:

its-happening.gif

I'm literally going to have Rizzo, Odor, Kinsler, and Travis on my team all at once :psyduck:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
My team is absolutely mashing this week and I'm still probably going to lose

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

coronaball posted:

You should have someone steal a base. :rolleye:

Your team is not nearly as slow as my "slow as gently caress by design" team. 1 steal in 5 days is ugly

I'd rather have a slow team that hits an unnecessary amount of dingers than an evenly balanced team that hits an average amount of dingers

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Is Todd Frazier done? He's just sitting in the free agent pool and no ones touching him.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Murmur Twin posted:

I was so mad in April that I took him over Mike Moustakas but I'm over it.

I picked him up in April because I trusted the man with no neck

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Fast Luck posted:

yeah I've been resisting doing that even though he's been my worst player all season long.

I traded Fulmer and Nelson Cruz for Odor D:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

He's batting lead off now which is a trend that I think I might hate or love depending on the outcome, I'm nervously ambivalent at the moment

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
It's not even just that pitching sucks, its that pitching sucks in weird and complicated ways to screw me over. I'll have two pitchers facing off against each other, both will get shelled, the one reliever I have for one of the winning pitchers will come in and get shelled, thus blowing the save and the win. Or my guy will pitch lights out, take the L because his offense generated 0 runs, then the next day the same offense puts up 10+.

Pitching can go fly a kite.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I have like 13 rosterable hitters on my team with another 5 or so in free agency. They're all too valuable to drop for competition and not performing well enough to guarantee starts so they take turns hitting dingers on my bench :(

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
This is the third sunday massacre in a row for me I'm starting to hate the sabbath how the gently caress did my opponent crack six dingers in one god drat day

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

baseball is stupid this year!!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Another week another opponent cracking a minimum of 15 HRs against me :(

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

coronaball posted:

Alex Wood is the best waiver pitcher pickup I've ever had.

It'd be nice if he wasn't doing it for my real team's greatest rival, but them's the breaks.

I'm a god at picking up aces from the waiver. Jose Fernandez's rookie year, Dallas Keuchel's crazy year, Corey Kluber's 2014, Kyle Hendricks last year, Arrieta a few years ago, Jeurys Familia as a speculation pickup when Jenrry Mejia had one bad game.

Now if only I could get a batter. My only great waiver wire pickup for that was like Lance Berkman that one year he went nuts

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
For you daily fantasy guys out there, if you ever want to know who's about to go completely loving bonkers on Sunday I can supply you with my opponent's starting lineup

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
punting steals then relying on the steal category has really dicked me over

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rand alPaul posted:

Brandon Belt has more steals than both combined. :lol:

I've owned Correa all year and thought I was getting steals from him until this post. Nope. Literally zero.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Soooooo someone just dropped Miggy in one of my leagues.... I dunno who to drop. help?

I guess Avisail Garcia?

Obviously drop one of your lovely rear end pitchers or Cameron Maybin.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Yes, my pitching is so bad that i'm in 1st place. :rolleyes:

And I need Maybin for the steals.

I'm gonna drop Garcia if Miggy somehow makes it to me through waivers.

Yeah I shouldn't have said lovely but they're definitely not better than dropping Garcia who's killing it in OBP this year. Leake's like a 7.5 k/9 guy if that and Peacock is a waiver wire guy too. Plus you have way too many good closers which I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Moneyball posted:

Somebody drafted pitching

It's insane how true this statement is every single year. I drafted Carlos Martinez, Rich Hill, Danny Salazar, and traded for Yu Darvish. They're all doing about as well or worse than my waiver pick ups of Jimmy Nelson, Drew Pomeranz, Sean Manaea, and Danny Duffy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Abel Wingnut posted:

gray is good and one real bad start doesn't change that

That's what Kyle Freeland told me when I said that everyone was fighting for Gray at the end of my draft

• Locked thread