Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

stellers bae
Feb 10, 2021

by Hand Knit

Epic High Five posted:

One of my favorite things that popped up almost daily throughout the protests was when some piece of the Dem agitprop network or well-regarded NGO head or blue check would wokely call for the protests to be segregated by race with a strong implication that non-white participants were simply incapable of doing the hard work of ensuring the protests never veered from approved party messaging lol

of course these unpopular mandates were never followed, which is why the party and it's apparatus ended up condemning the protests and support for them fell like 20 points overnight because liberals are hogs who every day have their ideology reborn into whatever form their betters dictate

When did the party/apparatus condemn the protests? Didn't Kamala post about contributing to bail funds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

kupachek posted:

You have a choice between "too many" and "not enough".
Should try to find a way to pin this on Cruz.

Sorry you lost your friend though.

Perrenial,
Biden voters failing to realize they're going to die under Biden here

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

stellers bae posted:

When did the party/apparatus condemn the protests? Didn't Kamala post about contributing to bail funds

When they started both sidesing everything and chaining the protests to the most ultimate sin in the world of liberal politics - property damage

throughout the whole thing they could be relied upon absolutely to condemn any aspect of the protests that extended beyond NGO boardrooms or made demands that exceeded syrup bottle redesigns or streets being renamed

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

stellers bae posted:

There was definitely a ton of grumbling from democratic politicians about how "defund the police" was a drag on their campaigns. You don't need to be a dog to hear the pitch of that whistle.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
dems blamed "defund the police" for them not winning a majority back in november

in particular the CIA agent who is now a representative said it almost cost her her seat (too bad it didn't)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Chillgamesh posted:

There was definitely a ton of grumbling from democratic politicians about how "defund the police" was a drag on their campaigns. You don't need to be a dog to hear the pitch of that whistle.

if by "grumbling" you mean "a big caucus of moderates and center right politicians used their caucus losing seats in the election as an excuse to blame the movement for literally everything that has gone wrong ever" lol

for whatever reason nobody actually thought to check how the campaigns that ran on it explicitly did tho

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Even AOC was retweeting MSNBC anchors saying "there sure are a lot of agent provocateurs trying to discredit this movement with property damage"

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

One of my favorite things that popped up almost daily throughout the protests was when some piece of the Dem agitprop network or well-regarded NGO head or blue check would wokely call for the protests to be segregated by race with a strong implication that non-white participants were simply incapable of doing the hard work of ensuring the protests never veered from approved party messaging lol

of course these unpopular mandates were never followed, which is why the party and it's apparatus ended up condemning the protests and support for them fell like 20 points overnight because liberals are hogs who every day have their ideology reborn into whatever form their betters dictate

this happened with fracking so quickly after that debate it gave me whiplash

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I liked it when they got the doddering old fucks who run local NAACP chapters to come out and condemn the protests when things start getting rowdy. I'm sure there are still good people in the NAACP, but god drat some of them have aged into respectability politics diehards and it was just sad as all hell to see it happen.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

As to your other point, doesn't that have something to do with how 200 years ago South Carolina was an underpopulated settler colony with a bunch of cotton fields in private hands and a huge natural harbor?

lmfao. could have happened to anybody!

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

free taintrunner

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

FormaldehydeSon posted:

free taintrunner

What did he do this time?

*laughtrack*

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Epic High Five posted:

When they started both sidesing everything and chaining the protests to the most ultimate sin in the world of liberal politics - property damage

throughout the whole thing they could be relied upon absolutely to condemn any aspect of the protests that extended beyond NGO boardrooms or made demands that exceeded syrup bottle redesigns or streets being renamed

I get what you're saying here, and I do agree with you, but watching those statues of old dead racists fall was loving cathartic.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
is this still the right thread I don't even know

https://www.q13fox.com/news/arlington-woman-shot-dead-after-fight-over-political-sign

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Never was.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

IMHO your job and community owe you nothing. If you're laid off because of your husband's lovely Facebook post you should step up and come up with a game plan to do without.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I'm surprised that guy's constituents didn't string him up, there's no hope for America.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

FormaldehydeSon posted:

free taintrunner

no

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

let me hurt some feelings while i have a minute!! the power company doesn't owe you power you loving losers

*resigns, wife gets fired*

i regret nothing

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Dustcat posted:

let me hurt some feelings while i have a minute!! the power company doesn't owe you power you loving losers

i regret nothing

The persecution complex is a big part of American conservatism, the backlash from being a stupid dickhead will only make him stupider and more dickheady

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

...no, it is the people who elected me who are wrong

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Tempora Mutantur posted:

...no, it is the people who elected me who are wrong

it's actually both

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Dustcat posted:

i regret nothing

Lol, what a massive loving loser.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
leading with "i want to hurt feelings" says a lot

and it's hilarious how in his mind "people asking for help" are all lazy moochers non-white people and then gets brutally owned by old white people in the same situation but of course we need to help them and not the lazy moochers

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Dustcat posted:

i regret nothing

has there ever been a post that started with some variation of "time to drop some TRUTH BOMBS" that didn't end up being either a) insanely basic information everyone already knows, or b) aggressively wrong

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I'm surprised that guy's constituents didn't string him up, there's no hope for America.

i wonder how many texans were just nodding along while their lips moved as they read that

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

struggling under the failure of america's unmaintained infrastructure is better understood as your personal moral failure, yes you personally, explains the republican politician

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i wonder how many texans were just nodding along while their lips moved as they read that

tons

because they were all thinking the same thing as the op, "non-whites"

Elephant Ambush has issued a correction as of 17:13 on Feb 19, 2021

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010
*Giulanishly* those people in Texas need to demand power by combat!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

MonsieurChoc posted:

What did he do this time?

*laughtrack*

Sexual assault

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
gently caress

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
lol but was that meant for this thread?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
does this count

https://twitter.com/kristoncapps/status/1365072382751371267

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I'm just glad members of Biden's cabinet are willing to speak truth to power

Only registered members can see post attachments!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Coolness Averted posted:

This is like some inverse version of the trump tweet for everything law where there’s a good take from some biden drone to oppose their current evil one.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Coolness Averted posted:

lmao I could not figure out what the catch was here and then I saw the date

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.

lol, Texas energy prices got short-squeezed by a cold snap, that's still amazing to me.

Imagine having an economy where "potentially infinite losses" is a real thing, and also applies to your energy grid, goddamn.

D1Sergo has issued a correction as of 22:46 on Apr 6, 2021

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Coolness Averted posted:

Who must stay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

D1Sergo posted:

lol, Texas energy prices got short-squeezed by a cold snap, that's still amazing to me.

Imagine having an economy where "potentially infinite losses" is a real thing, and also applies to your energy grid, goddamn.

also residential consumers lol