Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

honestly if you're a bernie supporter and turned coat for trump instead of not voting (understandable) or voting for retard stein or gary fucknuts you're about as smart as the people being made fun of in twitter screenshots here
how is clinton not precisely as "retarded" as stein? she went on a speaking tour to encourage the wealthy to invest in fracking and she thinks encryption is magical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

it parses poorly, i meant if you did something like "abstain" "jill" "gary" you are not as stupid as a fairweather bernie supporter who turned coat for trump

it was the presence of the words "retard stein" and the absence of the words h"honestly if you're a bernie supporter or just someone who doesn't like the idea of grandma pinochet..." that got me all ornery

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

not to get off topic, but ill just leave this here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2suVx9cDKw

@lhfang: Hillary Clinton Touted Her Record of Spreading Fracking in Secret, Paid Speeches posted:

Starting early in her tenure as Secretary of State, Clinton traveled the globe encouraging foreign countries to adopt fracking technology. Clinton has both publicly and privately explained that she views fracking, under the right circumstances, as the most environmentally sound method of transitioning away from other fossil fuels such as oil and coal. She has also said that fracking can make the U.S. and other nations energy independent, a foreign policy goal that may weaken gas exporting countries such as Russia.

But in private, Clinton also asserted that there is a conspiracy of Russian-funded groups attempting to suppress fracking development. During a speech to a group in Canada called tinePublic, Clinton claimed that there are “phony environmental groups” that are “funded by the Russians to stand against” fracking.

agreed, friend. this isn't a worthwhile tangent

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

BiggerBoat posted:

I doubt a revolution will happen.

I've been listening to some sports talk radio and and all the host and callers are like "what are we gonna do?" and "what are we gonna talk about?" It's silly. You can talk about sports history and all sorts of poo poo forever.

My boss is about to put a lot of us on furlough and warned us Friday about what anyone who is paying attention knows is an upcoming recession.

If anything good can come out of this, maybe Americans can self quarantine, read some books, watch some movies in their Netflix queue, study, take a walk on the beach, chill, play some games with their kids, write, draw, go through their DVD collections, pick up those old XBox games, call some old friends and dial their lives down a tad. People are whining about being bored and having nothing to do but we have a million things we can occupy ourselves with if we can just settle down and really look at poo poo. Break out those old DVD's and Wii games. Dig out an old board game you never got around to. Sort out your closets. Clean your homes.

Let's take a siesta and simplify our lives for a month or two. Who loving cares if there's no sports and we can't go to loving Disney World or jam ourselves into a movie theater? It might do us some good to spend some time with ourselves and our families instead of chasing money and working ourselves to death for nothing at all.

i normally have to go home to my folks to have my concerns minimized

hope this is how it pans out, honestly. i'd prepare fearfully for plague riots but this is possible, I guess