Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

I'm lazy.

I hate reading long lines of text that make my eyes scan too far to the right.
I like how most books only have a limit of only 50 characters per line, as
opposed to the Something Awful forums of 150 characters in a line.

you can make your browser window narrower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

american evangelical protestantism is a cult of mammon

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Mr Interweb posted:

there was also the episode of the simpsons where homer becomes a union boss to get back their dental plan. pretty sure that episode made it quite clear that mr. burns was the bad guy

lisa needs braces

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the (presumably unironic) MERICA avatar is a nice touch

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I wonder if they ever notice that the pundits who tell them the cities are bad choose to live in the very cities they say are burning down.

they live inside the teevee

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

trump has managed to continue to own the libs during the pandemic, of course they approve of him

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

"the government" is everything bad about the government

stuff they like, like for example medicare or cops or trump, is not "the government"

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

hail satan

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Post Trump voters demanding that they're going to die under Trump

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

cumshitter posted:

i cant wait to see which rightwing celebrity dies from covid after the next indoor trump rally. you know theyre all thinking "im younger and healthier than herman cain. that seat is loving empty right now, and i can fill it"

i hope they also posthumously make a statement that covid is a hoax

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

ShadowHawk posted:

You're forgetting the intermediate step where they're transported from the precinct to the county office via a USB stick containing an unencrypted MS Access database

also the elected partisan county registrar gets to take the usb stick home and bring it into the office the next morning

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Joey Steel posted:

At one point, Hitler legit earned an Iron Cross first class (recommended by his Jewish lieutenant, no less :v: ), and Stalin was a general during the Russian Civil War and the Polish-Russian war, as well.

Trump has done even less than either of them.

are you forgetting that trump received the prestigious Bay of Pigs Award?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Son of Rodney posted:

I don't know if this is some joke I'm not getting, me being German and all :shrug:

But no seriously, Hitler was able to rile up people by using a poo poo load of pathos, oratory techniques and rethorical tools that made people feel strongly emotional and supportive of his ideas about nationalism and the role German deserved in the world. He used a very special cadence that was unique to him and his ability to deliver emotional hooks was top notch. He was an abhorrent person and like others have said not extremely intelligent, but he knew how to play people. It's not a coincidence that his entire political career started in a beer hall.

Trump actually sounds a bit similar and uses the same manipulative topics such as immigrants being monsters and the world treating the us very unfairly, it's just his words and sentences sound incredibly shoddy and thrown together.

words and sentences that are shoddy and thrown together is the language of his people. he doesn't need to explain the concepts he's talking about, he just needs to refer to them because they're well-known parts of the fox news cinematic universe

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

you fools, you absolute morons, its not cans of beans that are the weapon its cans of soup

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Zeroisanumber posted:

My brother you need to discover the wonders of steam.

those eggheads, they try to prepare the peppers with digital, i say what the hell is digital? they've got magnets, it costs a billion dollars and it doesn't work. i say make go back to goddamn steam!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Gringostar posted:

lol if you believe this

trump/gop is going to do the most extensive voter suppression in history and there's nothing anyone can do about it

there's one thing you can do, and that's to vote!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Biden should be attacking him for leaving hospital and going back to the white house to finish infecting everyone there.

Also, for posting this loving tweet telling people corona isn't something to worry about :

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1313186529058136070

lol biden isn't going to criticize trump for prioritizing theater over real world considerations like life and death epidemiological facts. to do so would question the entire basis of the modern democratic party

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Mr Interweb posted:

i don't want to take away from trump's publicity at the moment, BUT....

https://www.facebook.com/dominic.menaldi/timeline?lst=1416230333%3A1107858627%3A1601966516

this jagoff here got the 'rona a couple of months ago, and although the ordeal he went through was, according to him, pretty rough, he still decided to continue being a trump supporting covidiot.

however, he hasn't posted for an entire month now. this probably wouldn't be interesting, if it weren't for the fact that he was a pretty prolific poster until early september. i couldn't find any obituaries, but i think it's reasonable to assume his buddy, covid-19 came back to spend some more quality time :pray:

covid take my energy

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Platystemon posted:

Look, the chance of it happening on any particular day, or in any particular presidency may be low, but the fact that the system is set up that way is completely mad.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

miniscule12 posted:

you can easily replace every person in that chain of command with a cultist who believes god will protect them from the counter nukes.

i believe they replaced the entire chain of command with a computer in the early 80s to ensure nobody stops the nukes from being launched

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

it's probably also that its too hard for him to make a quick buck off the military industrial complex graft machine. much easier and faster to shake down CEOs and industry lobby groups to rent out entire floors of his hotels or for jared to send thugs to intercept mask shipments

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

Shut the gently caress up, take it to another thread

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

euphronius posted:

no

I mean the dems in the house did pass an enourmous bailout for people last May

there was lots of stuff in it

they passed a good bailout because they knew it wouldn't become law

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

euphronius posted:

there are actual leftists in the dem caucus it’s hard for me to come to general motive conclusions like that

I mean if you mean pelosi let the vote even happen because she knew it would fail then that’s way more probably

yeah that's what i mean

nothing gets voted on without pelosi's say so that's how congress works

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

SchnorkIes posted:

Rural white chuds who play poor but are running cash businesses where the czar is far away is a very different demographic, in that it actually exists

inasmuch as those people exist they are all hardcore trumpers. those are the people who stormed the capitol.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

pseudanonymous posted:

Is the vaccine supposed to turn you into magneto? If it really had a microchip it wouldn't let you attach a magnet even if Bill Gates was watching your every move.

it's apparently been going around facebook the past few weeks that the vaccine microchip makes magents stick to your arm

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

if i had to guess there's a dumb tradition that the outgoing president writes a letter to the next guy and leaves it in the oval office and it's forever private between the two, and so this is a biden voter who's having trouble reconciling how biden and the democrats were saying that trump was not a legitimate president while not matching that with any sort of action that might suggest they actually believed that like how they went through the same dumb tradition and ceremony they would with any other republican, or how no democrat seems to care or notice that the republicans they're negotiating with in congress are pledging eternal loyalty to the guy they said was an existential threat to the country

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 06:48 on May 21, 2021

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

apparently "generous letter" is a quote from joe

https://twitter.com/business/status/1352176616034742272?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

it was a copy of the trump bux IRS letter