Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Barbe Rouge posted:

I voted for Trump thinking he would protect ethnic minorities

how? just....how?

Because he was caterwauling through the whole campaign about how Obama had abandoned ME Christians and that he would make a special effort to protect and shelter them. So she wasn't totally insane for voting for him, just stupid enough to fall for a huckster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Discendo Vox posted:

race is a bullshit social construct obviously, but for the record these genealogy tests also aren't particularly meaningful. In practice, it's likely there's much higher racial admixture than they'd indicate.

Friend of mine just had one done for herself and she's always prided herself on her 100% Irish heritage. Got back her test and it showed that she was 100% northern European/Scandinavian.

She was like, "WTH?! I have ancestry trees!"

I was all, "LOL, lemme tell you about these people called the Vikings."

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Eela6 posted:

Fun fact: Ashkenazi Jews are some of the least genetically diverse people in the world. Our racial purity earns us, uh, a predisposition to a vast array of health problems.

Tay-Sachs, isn't it?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Epic High Five posted:

Then build a soda stream factory over the frog's bulldozed swamp

Haha! I still remember how confused and pissed off Scarlett Johansson was when she got dragged into all that poo poo.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

A good man like Bevin would never do anything to hurt a hard-working, deserving guy like him. The only people who are gonna get hurt are moochers and city slickers who don't really work for their living!

*dies of preventable illness*

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Epic High Five posted:

lol even Ford has a library

But Teddy doesn't lmao

Trump's library is gonna be a bunch of unread bibles and copies of his own books and nothing else, because he's for sure not actually keeping records of poo poo

The Ford Library totally kicks rear end, btw. It has all sorts of weird artifacts like the taping system from the Nixon White House and the gun that Squeaky Fromme tried to assassinate him with. Worth a stop if you ever have a slow afternoon in Ann Arbor.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
IIRC, Hillary Clinton's top aide had roughly $100,000 in legal bills when Bill left office in 2000. Her and Bill both hit the speaking circuit hard because they were both in desperate need of quick cash to retire their huge legal bills.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jose posted:

what aboutntrump voters too stupid to realise?

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/...genumber%3D2534

I like at the end of this article where the Coal Mining trainer guy just admits that they're training scabs.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Literally promised to break healthcare during his campaign and then made pie in the sky promises about making it awesome somehow and people just voted for it without checking. lol

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

but...he knows the art of the deal!!

The number of people who just assumed that Trump was a great dealmaker and negotiator and knew everything about making money because they watched The Apprentice was loving mind-boggling.

I get that I'm a know-it-all nerd, but doing basic research on the guy who's running for president seems like something that a normal human does.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Grammarchist posted:

I've gotten a rabid conservative in southern Indiana to admit Hillary would have been a better president based on the GOP's hatred for public lands and conservation. He probably won't vote Democratic because he's still pretty racist, but there's a chance now he might not vote at all. He's also started bitching publicly about Trump to other conservatives, which I'm hoping will demoralize them.

Trick is to try to commiserate over something specific that affects us and then loop around to why the GOP is the problem on that front, and ultimately every front. Sometimes its best to not even mention the direct politics until you've had that conversation a few times so they internalize the point without feeling attacked at first.

Trouble is that they'll flip back more often than not when they're back among their peer group.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Terror Sweat posted:

To be honest, I don't see that much difference between hunting for fun and eating meat you got at a grocery store. both are unimaginably cruel, and for both the animal is dying in order to give you pleasure

Hunting is more moral, assuming that you eat what you kill.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Lol if you don't realize that wild venison is the best meat in North America.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I've eaten rat before, so if deer are vermin then they're a higher class of vermin than I'm used to.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Watching the newest Die Hard.

This movie is terrible.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Grassy Knowles posted:

yes that four year old movie is bad what does it have to do with trump or anything else going on in this thread?

Gonna be honest and say that I meant to post that in the Trump thread but now that it's there I'm going to own it. This movie is terrible.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

It was our fault. We figured it'd be something cool.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Yeah, I used to sell plasma for beer & pizza money back in the early-00's.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
'round here they build big 50 bed clinics in lower-class and college neighborhoods. Motherfuckers must just print money.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Grimoire posted:

I sold plasma to buy physics books in undergrad. Bloodmage spec confirmed.

Had a lady friend who did this in college as well. Horrific that she needed to do it, but it paid for a year's worth of rent

My sister sold her eggs. She was 6'1", blonde, pretty, and a law student so I think she got something like $12k. It was a huge pain in the rear end, but she retired all of her credit card debt and bought a new used car so it worked out for her.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Powaqoatse posted:

imo its super respectful to pump a dead person full of chemicals and then leave them out to be gawked at

i mean the dead person wont give a gently caress but whoever did that to the body is hella working on some politics

also no gods (no kings) no masters

Just throw me in the trash.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
The new new hotness is dissolving a body in an alkaline solution and then burying the (chalky, crumbling) bones.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

theflyingexecutive posted:

who honestly doesn’t get this until they’re the ones actually hiding from the bullets?

Most people aren't able to conceive of what bullets do because they've either only seen it in movies or have never reflected on it.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Trazz posted:

Didn't a MAGAteer literally go up to NYC and stab a random black dude to death with a sword

That guy was a flat-out Nazi.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Potato Salad posted:

I'm crying after throwing up into a toilet and posting on SA because I know no other outlet at 1am for the sadness after watching a gay Trump voter rip into someone over they skin color

We are going to hell

Sorry your friend is a dumb loving racist. You're better off without them around.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Dr. Killjoy posted:

turns out the lass who exclusively made her fortunes on “can run real good and is also handsome enough to put on a cereal box” is a moron who would have thought :shrug:

She doesn't strike me as a deep philosopher, but I think her problem is less that she's dumb and more that she's spent her whole life in an almost ethereal bubble of massive privilege.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Didn't Remmington start going down the tubes months ago?

IIRC, they were owned by some predatory venture capital firm.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

I know a couple with a cumulative $320k of debt. $30k is bitch money.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I'm a city boy who doesn't know jackshit about farming, but all of the farmers that I know are family farmers. Around me they mostly raise livestock and hate the poo poo out of wolves.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Mantis42 posted:

Eh, my uncle is a single family farmer who owns his own land, but uh, come to think of it he also owns a combine harvester or two and those are like a quarter million dollars a pop so I'm pretty sure he's rich. In assets at least.

A while back John Deere hired away Rolls-Royce's big customer experience guy because they realized that every farmer who came in to buy a combine was dropping enough cash to buy any two luxury autos. IDK what changed afterwards, but that sounded like a solid hire to me.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

here’s a p good article about the billionaires that own california’s central valley, where all the fruits and vegetables come from

Sight unseen I'm picturing endless clones of the incestuous rapist from Chinatown.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Supporting Trump because they thought he knew everything about making money. :allears:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

even though this story doesn't belong in this thread.. it belongs in this thread
Reeking ‘Poop Train’ Of NYC Human Waste Wreaks Havoc On Alabama Town

It's so strange to me that this has been allowed to go on as long as it has. Where I am that would last about 5 days before the media made a circus out of it and the governor ordered the cars pulled out to the middle of nowhere.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

drilldo squirt posted:

I'm really excited to see if they vote for the same people who let this happen.

They absolutely will.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

drilldo squirt posted:

In 40 years that town is going to be a bunch of poo poo eating tribals sacrificing their children to a giant Donald trump head shaped poo furnace.

:frogon:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Best Korea posted:

I don't know, it seems like history since the middle ages is just a series of stories about white people ruining things for everyone else. Prior to that Europe is a backwater full of violent idiots while the rest of the world is figuring out science and civilization.

People are poo poo and were murdering the gently caress out of one another since apes walked upright. Whitey just got good in a time when people were writing poo poo down and passing it around for others to read.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

california central valley: last year

aaaaaaaaaaaand then this year:

Trump is making California agriculture nervous because of his roundups of undocumented immigrants and newly imposed tariffs on imported steel and aluminum. There's concern about retaliation by foreign countries against California farm products.

Trump was down on the U.S.-Mexico border near San Diego on Tuesday ogling huge prototypes of a $25-billion wall designed to keep out immigrants. But in California, farmers are trying to get more of these workers into the country and keep them here.

Ironically, Trump's immigration and tariff policies are creating jitters especially in the California farm belt, which gave the Republican his strongest support in this blue state that voted lopsidedly for Democrat Hillary Clinton. Ten Central Valley agriculture counties sided with Trump over Clinton.

"They're culturally Republican, more conservative," veteran GOP consultant Rob Stutzman says of farm belt voters. "They view the ruling and elite classes in coastal cities differently than they see themselves. It's a different, harder life in the valley."

i like how they conflate "farmers" with "farm owners" and not "the immigrants performing this work"

I mean, I know I eat a ton of the food that they produce, but Central Valley farmers can also eat my entire rear end.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Epic High Five posted:

This is also what always gets me about the mass automation of food service

like buddy, I was industry from 2003 to 2012 and literally the entire time I was being told that full automation is only 6 months away. The technology has been around and essentially unchanged for 15 years, but the problem is and always will be customers not wanting anything to do with it or not having a clue what to do with it when they do

poo poo, just look at theaters. Place I go to has six automated kiosks that let you buy your ticket and pay with a credit card in about a minute, but people will completely ignore them and wait in line for the box office 90% of the time.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Epic High Five posted:

The problem is complex, but a bit issue is always that corporate won't let you have a single, simple button on the main screen for the most common items as they're most commonly ordered, because you can't upsell that way

I get it. If I couldn't just order a #1 with a push of a button and then pay for it on the next screen then the kiosk is already less useful than a cashier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think it probably involved a couple of kids dying from drinking like 30 cans in a day or something.

Those kids died in the most radical way possible and are heroes.