Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

of all the dumb arguments trumpkins gave this always rang the most hollow, i refuse to believe that even the stupidest person actually thought that donald j trump was a measured pacifist

Nearly every Trump person I knew gave "KILLARY WILL START WW3! NO MORE BENGHAZIS!" as one of their guiding principles, I poo poo you not. It was a big deal and something they used to appeal to people who seemed undecided in the conversations I read and heard.

I totally understand what you're saying but I think these people believed they were dealing with "The Apprentice" Donald and not the "Grandpa riddled with homicidal dementia" Donald who is now prez.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Business Gorillas posted:

I'd say like 75% of those broken relationships were the fact that the CHUDs involved were always shitheads and them hooting and hollering after trump winning was either an immediate breaking point or directly lead to a massive argument

People "put up" with the CHUDs rolling coal and lynching Obama in effigy for 8 years and Trump winning broke that tolerance for a lot of people

Epic High Five posted:

So many redcaps thought that this would be a stunning victory and everybody would tell them how great they are. The fact that the immediate aftermath was a massive outcry against his legitimacy and waves of protests and promises of political violence broke a lot of their loving brains and it was incredible to watch, they sincerely thought that how they acted under Obama would be forgiven and forgotten and people would just be okay with Trump winning despite losing after himself running one of the most hateful, divisive, partisan campaigns in history

Yep. The one guy on FB I knew who initially supported Kasich and then Trump gloated the morning after the election and nearly everyone on his friend's list - including his mother-in-law and a bunch of his R friends who didn't like Trump - turned on him. He barely posts anything anymore. None of the people I know who support Trump do anything more than a token "MAGA" if they see people online making GBS threads on Trump. They have nothing to point to as a win (well except for the one guy who touts ICE deporting people) and they surface occasionally to whine about how Trump is treated - and it's funny when their R friends point out that every president in modern history has taken poo poo from detractors, why can't Trump and his supporters?

But EHF really nails it - they thought they would be welcomed as victors and have found themselves at odds with people (ie leftists, liberals) who they were told were weak, soft, wouldn't push back, etc. and it's driving them nuts.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

Peter Thiel Says Trump Admin ‘Incompetent,’ May End In ‘Disaster’
Billionaire Silicon Valley investor Peter Thiel has privately told friends that President Donald Trump’s administration is “incompetent” and may end “in disaster,” BuzzFeed reported on Monday.

Thiel, a libertarian who urged “Americans to stand up and vote for Donald Trump” at the 2016 Republican National Convention and joined Trump’s White House transition team in November, has soured on the President since his election, according to the report.
Thiel was concerned that Trump would have a stagnant first term and said he did not think Trump would win reelection, according to the report. He summed up Trump’s administration as “incompetent.”

In a statement to BuzzFeed, Thiel did not deny making those statements, but said he continues to “support” Trump in “his ongoing fight to achieve” change.

:allears:

So how many high-level Trump people would stay on if, say, Pence became prez?

Like if Trump gets booted/elected out, do Bannon/Gorka/Conway stay with President Pence or go?

It's interesting watching all of these people on the right/alt-right start distancing themselves from him.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

1redflag posted:

THIS IS NOT CONJECTURE PEOPLE!

E. Also, some super scary trashcan man, "my life for you!", vibes. We aren't living in hell dimension; we're living in lovely Steven king novel dimension

All things Trump/MAGA remind me of the Vegas people in The Stand.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Avirosb posted:

You have come to a world called GOP

*whipcrack*