Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

A lot of snakes won't bite you or aren't venomous, help across flooded rivers all the corn, milk, grass, garter, rat and bull snakes you can carry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

WampaLord posted:

close but the reality was even better, he ended each rally with that, right after signing off with one last "We will Make America GREAT AGAIN!"

Closing the RNC with that song made me laugh a lot

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

etalian posted:

I like how CHUDs are find with rich people getting free stuff because someday they think it's possible to get rich as well?

Even though they work dead end retail or blue collar jobs.

All ya gotta do these days is have an app! Yes, right now I'm drunk for the third day in a row, but,

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

[Democrats] it doesn't look like anything to me

E WHOA

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

hitchensgoespop posted:

Go to algie's Twitter account and click on media....

That went better than anything i could have predicted

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Yes Xi Can!

I'm with Xer

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Shear Modulus posted:

i have to pay for coffee at work

free coffee at work is not everywhere like people seem to think it is

Depending on how many people are sharing it, a coffee maker and some coffee is a pretty modest investment

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

They should all do an escape room together

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Thundercracker posted:

In hindsight that Benedict Cumberbatch biopic of Assange happened way too early. It'd be like if Benedict Cumberbatch made a movie of the heroic exploits of Benedict Arnold right before he got turned down for his promotions.

Benedict2

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

selec posted:

One thing I know for certain:

It's important to hold people tortured by the government in solitary confinement for years to the same standard you do our millionaire ruling class. And if those people don't meet the standard, then why hold our ruling class to it either?

<dril no difference between good and bad things tweet here>

I mean, I'm all for millionaires being tortured

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Shear Modulus posted:

i dunno im just spitballing here

but it sounds like there was a period of time where you could watch walter cronkite and actually get information? whereas now if you watch the news you end up less informed than you were on every topic except the weather forecast

I mean there was still a political bent to it, but it was a bent that no one had enough power or access to combat

Its not like they constantly reminded viewers we were in Vietnam to defend a French colony from becoming Southeast Asia America

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

It's the Chicago PD lol, they tried a frame job because the perps were probably off duty cops and it was so obvious and poorly done that even the FBI was calling them out. Basically they immediately said the perps were good and then started releasing smolletts personal info like transactions with magical stories about how it was used to save his spot on the show, then to get a raise when they found out he wasn't getting cut after all.

They invented all kinds of scenarios and had anonymous reporters leak them to give them credibility, like people buying cold weather gear in Chicago being proof they were being paid to fake an attack

Basically none of it made sense unless your brain fundamentally loves cops uncritically and you will never ever believe anybody who criticizes them, which is why all chuds and libs fell over themselves to smear him and suck CPD dick

I wonder if we'll ever even find out what actually happened or if it's just hosed now.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

I used to enjoy zoning out to old Law and Order episodes, and while I knew on an intellectual level that this is all West Wing style fanfic, I could still enjoy it. Ever since reading The New Jim Crow though they're ruined for me, as I'm just filled with rage whenever confronted with liberal Sorkinist revisionism

My wife loves watching law and order with me, because I point out all the times the cases should be thrown out

by "loves watching law and order" with me I mean she refuses to anymore

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Ruffian Price posted:

It's the only private space people have when there's no rent control

This is a legitimate excuse along with the upholstery absorbing ambient sound and echoes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

CodfishCartographer posted:

Trump never even opened the letter he got from Obama, so Biden found that one and thought it was from ol' Donny.

Lol he was such a baby