Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Former DILF posted:

that's why trump is so great, he's peeled the mask of american conservatism back far enough that you can see the grinning skull that's always been underneath

Totenkopf.

It's called a totenkopf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Would turbines be less dangerous if we didn't use the traditional shape?

(it wobbles)

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I like firm pillows...

Get a Korean pillow then.

Megillah Gorilla has issued a correction as of 04:21 on May 12, 2019

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

That's actually the soft version.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

pseudanonymous posted:

Had no-one told this guy about the miracle of the Doc Martens and Thick Socks(tm). I'm short as gently caress and this gives me like an inch, inch and a half, and I'm not risking a pulmonary embolism.

I know a woman who wears boots with lifts and it gives her a good three inches of extra height and brings her just above 5 feet tall.

It might not seem like much, but it's a huge self esteem boost for her and it's almost impossible to notice unless you really stare at her boots from side-on.

Far superior to having your legs broken and then getting a metal frame bolted to your skeleton for months at a time, risking death.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I think that's just a PUA "peacocking".

You're allowed to drown them in toilets, now. FYI.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

most likely the same supposed rationale of bathroom bills-- a man might go in there, wait for a woman to enter, and lock the door and rape her? i mean, rapists aren't gunna adhere to gender designations but you might argue a dude going into a unisex bathroom is unremarkable, while a dude going into a ladies' room might be noticed, and that's a kind of deterrent

im a guy, so im hesitant to dismiss that kind of fear outright.* but it becomes a completely incoherent, ignorant argument in the context of trans folks

And yet these same bigots didn't have a problem with men and women using the same toilets just a generation ago.

Always just an excuse to for bigots to hurt people.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Militant Lesbian posted:

I think they meant white people throwing a plantation themed party and hiring Black people to be their ‘set decoration’ for the party (and being killed by said white nonsense)

like, as usual, Black people will suffer due to white foolishness

Wasn't there some horribly white TV cook who did this with her wedding?

EDIT: Yes, Paula Deen.

It's amazing how she looks exactly like you think she would when you first hear that she's someone who would hold a slavery-themed wedding.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Grape posted:

Do deep south chuds ever stop and think about how they've joined a cult where they worship a JEW YORK BIG CITY YANKEELAND BUSINESSMAN?

But he's hurting the right people! He hates who I hate!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

One More Fat Nerd posted:

This is basically it. He's not pandering, he's an authentic brainwormed racist conspiracy monger.

But he's from New York!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Well, that was a hell of a read.

Also explains why people have been endorsing pieces of poo poo like Biden over him.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Mr Interweb posted:

this is objectively hilarious but also terrifying. this moron could have just as easily wound up killing a good person instead

Yeah, imagine if he'd hurt himself and had to call paramedics to come to his house.

I'd say "what about if family came for a surprise visit" but we all know this creep has no one.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Mr Interweb posted:

crossposting from the US pol thread

trump and the republican party continues to make america great again:

https://twitter.com/brianfharrison/status/1207084347775488006

Not to worry, pigs will be extinct soon, anyway.

Since just the start of the year, a quarter of all the pigs in the world have died from African Swine Fever and it shows no sign of stopping.

EDIT: Also, I recently had a huge argument on Imgur, of all places, with little chudlings telling me that it was perfectly okay for hair and animal faeces to be in their food. When I pointed out the US was alone in the developed world for allowing this, they argued that all food inspections and testing are fake rather than hold the idea that the US is seriously hosed up when it comes to industry vs health.

Megillah Gorilla has issued a correction as of 12:39 on Dec 18, 2019

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

He's also a true isolationist.

We could drop him down a well.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
The gently caress does that even mean? The Left has smeared a virus?

Like, how?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Thanks to everyone for responding.

When I asked my question, I knew the answer was going to be something incredibly stupid.

But it surpassed my wildest dreams.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

poisonpill posted:

How does someone get that much in debt, then take social services, and then hate poor people? Or actually, I guess he is a lazy parasite, so maybe he’s more perceptive than me

No, you see, he needed it. He'd earned it. Unlike all those lazy parasites, etc.

It's "the only moral abortion is my abortion" logic.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Maxwells Demon posted:

I can imagine his Bond villain-esque wife as first lady for sure.

"This Week Tonight: Why you should give up all your diamonds to the White House"

Why, whatever do you mean?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Fruity Rudy posted this in the Freep thread earlier. It shows the top results in google for chloroquine were for news sites lauding it as a treatment.

Also, has anyone else noticed that this is a global pandemic, but Trump is now doing the press conferences instead of the CDC?

EDIT: Not since the 9th of March

quote:

On March 9, the day of the CDC's last telebriefing, there were around 500 cases and just 19 deaths. Up to that point, the CDC had been providing regular briefings, usually led by Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the CDC's National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases.

But things began to change on February 26, when President Donald Trump appointed Vice President Mike Pence to lead a coronavirus response task force. In the days leading to the appointment, there was a clear gulf between the public health messaging from the CDC and statements made by Trump.

On February 25—a day before the appointment—Dr. Messonnier warned during a regular briefing that it was only a matter of time before the pandemic began spreading in the United States and the situation could turn bad quickly. "Disruption to everyday life might be severe," she said as she urged Americans to prepare their families for those disruptions, which are now being realized.

But that frank—and demonstrably accurate and appropriate—messaging was at odds with statements from the president. Earlier that very same day, Trump said that the spread of SARS-CoV-2 is "very well under control in our country," which was untrue.

Megillah Gorilla has issued a correction as of 15:49 on Mar 24, 2020

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
So, we all know how Fox News was telling everyone the coronavirus was no big deal, right?

Murdoch family took serious precautions against coronavirus as Fox News downplayed risk to public

quote:

The Murdoch family, which owns Fox News, took precautions against the new coronavirus as the network's hosts downplayed the risk posed by the pandemic on TV.

The family abruptly canceled Fox News Chairman Rupert Murdoch's 89th birthday party at his California estate on March 8 "out of concern for the patriarch's health," according to The New York Times' Ben Smith.

Smith previously reported that Lachlan Murdoch, who runs the news network, "knew the virus was coming" in January, because he was "getting regular updates from the family's political allies and journalists in his father's native Australia."

Around the same time, Fox News executives issued an internal memo instructing staffers to work from home and take precautions to deal with a "crisis of this magnitude."

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Oppositional defiant disorder is literally the only way I can understand how these people think.

"Don't drink the fluid in the car battery because it'll kill me? Hah, gonna go drink it!"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
So, your dream is to be murdered by pirates?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

that must be why they’re so mad about ice cream

Servants of the Emperor of ice cream.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
It's astonishing that they're no longer even hiding what they are, yet so many people don't seem to care nor is the media holding them to account.

Or, at the very least, putting garlic in their mouths and a stake through their hearts.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Excuse me, it's a racist conservative shitheap :eng101:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Groovelord Neato posted:

Imagine how diseased your brain has to be to cry tears of joy upon seeing the dumbest man alive come out on stage in anticipation of two hours of him interrupting himself.

And then give serious consideration to his insane ramblings where he tells you to inject bleach into yourself.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Drinking bleach was funny when Metalocalypse did it, because they're supposed to be barely functional idiots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9psFtbw4Gg

When the president of the United States spruiks it, it's just shameful.

I know 'shameful' doesn't even begin to cover this, but I can't even get my thoughts around this latest round of bullshit yet.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
So, this is what Turmp was looking at, right before he came out with his bright idea:

You can practically hear the little hamster wheel in his head squeaking.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Trump has decided he's bored of this whole global pandemic thing now.

I wish I was joking, but it's the only explanation for this:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1257730653602361345

I know I've posted this in, like, three different places now, but this poo poo is just insane. More insane. Whatever.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Pretty sure I walk further than that when I go to the supermarket.

Also, dress shoes need to go the way of the ruff. They're pointless and stupid.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Groovelord Neato posted:

I think it's the default for white boys who never had to worry about anything.

D&D was a loving nightmare back then, too with all the libertarians going all :actually: at everyone.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Cup Runneth Over posted:

In fairness, "woke" shitted up "woke" pretty good

Sounds like fake news.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

I remember as a kid reading a sci fi novel (by Niven and Pournelle I think) about the discovery of a comet which was going to destroy the world and the person who discovered it had to go into hiding because of all the people looking to kill him because they couldn't tell the difference between "discover" and "created".

I thought the idea was so ridiculous I almost threw the book away. For the next 20 years I still thought it was an incredibly stupid plot contrivance whenever I remembered the book.

I was so wrong.

If anything, the authors didn't go far enough. People would have spent their last days before the comet hit destroying all the telescopes.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

FMguru posted:

The novel was Lucifer's Hammer (by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle), and oooooh did many parts of it not age well.

So many of the "great reads" from my childhood are like this. I read a tonne of sci fi growing up because every other genre just seemed to repetitive and boring. Also, I was a huge nerd and read whatever I could get my hands on that had a halfway decent cover or blurb on the back.

I felt so mature reading those books because they dealt with issues like violence and sex and politics. I was just too young to understand how badly they did so.

I look back at it all now and I feel almost like I was being groomed at a distance by some creepy uncle who kept going on about how mature I am for my age and hey, back at their place they've got a bunch of cool comics and video games. Except they were people separated from me by half a planet and decades of time.

They put their creepy greasy fingers into my mind.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Piers Anthony.

That man should be in jail.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Draynar posted:

also as far as weird sex goes? You guys have no loving idea on some of the weird poo poo Piers Anthony has written if you're only basing it on Xanth. Read this if you want real depths of horror https://www.google.com/search?channel=tus3&client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Piers+anthony+firefly

Yeah, everyone was mentioning the Xanth and Sword of Time books as his skeeviest works, but no one's mentioned Bio of a Space Tyrant where the main character, who by then is in his 50s, spends most of one book in a sexual relationship with a severely developmentally delayed child after using his political power to remove the age of consent.

I read a lot of horrible poo poo as a kid, but that was the first book I ever threw in the trash, went back to grab the rest of the series off my bookshelf and threw them out, too.

Megillah Gorilla has issued a correction as of 10:57 on Jul 8, 2020

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Nottherealaborn posted:

Is there any crime that should result in temporary or permanent loss of voting rights? Or would those crimes be so few that it’s not even worth worrying about?

The problem with taking away prisoners' right to vote is that it then becomes an "obvious" step for authoritarian governments to simply ensure that anyone who might vote against them becomes a criminal.

And, as one goon stated years ago in another discussion of this very topic - if there are enough felons to influence an election then you, as a society, are doing something horribly wrong.

There might be an argument to be made for people with severe learning difficulties, or brain damage, or in a coma or something like that, but that should be decided on a case-by-case basis by a panel of medical experts with ample room for appealing their decisions.

Beyond that, democracy is simply too important and fragile to have a section of the population disenfranchised, be it for a years or forever.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

In Australia they get incarcerated voters to nominate an outside address and they also ask them about the length of their sentence and stuff like that so they know where to post their voting pack at the next election.

For such a lovely country as Australia is, you really need to give props to the Australian Electoral Commission for just how good they are.

Best electoral system in the world, for the country with the worst people in the world.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Tulip posted:

Trevor Noah sucks but I did like his joke that Scotland's overwhelming whiteness is just kind of a neutral fact while Australia's overwhelming whiteness is a terrifying and horrible.

Because after Australia decided to no longer keep slaves, we loaded them all up on boats and sent them back to where they came from.

By this, I mean they where dumped on whatever islands the boats carrying them got to first. Most likely, they were desert islands and everyone died.

Then we instituted the White Australia policy which lasted until 1973 and held actual paper bag tests for potential immigrants.

I'm now having Aussie racism discussions in multiple threads, each one on a different facet of this country's racism and cruelty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

POWELL CURES KIDS posted:

hey, just real quick: what the gently caress??? thanks

https://twitter.com/drgonzo123/status/1287591800929054720?s=21