Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

you goddamn fuckers, I was promised schadenfreude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

gonna laugh so fuckin hard if voter turnout is <100m

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

the replies, twitter can't censor them fast enough, some bigass kermit dicks lol

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Yeah totally. It wasn't years of the right's erosion of normal decency, or their refusal to compromise on things, or the tea party, or blind greed. It was a democrat. Sure, pal.

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

It's 2020 and y'all both sides people are dumb.

One party has literally ushered in fascism and it wasn't the people on the left.

actually lol yes it was both you stupid gently caress. enabling a fascist party (the republicans) the way they (the democrats) do is in fact ushering in fascism. you're even accidentally using fascism correctly: turning the tools of the empire against its own people in the service of capital (i.e. the rich loving over the poor).

again: these loving shitlords had total government control in 2009-2010. right after GWB. a chance to right the shitshow that was america murdering/starving/causing the deaths of millions of civilians over the years preceding. is a personal thing for me in that their specific "incompetence" was what made me realize we're hosed as a nation because our leadership only serves the rich, full stop. prior to then I was a dumbass just like you. now I'm a new kind of dumbass. a dumbass that is inherently better than your dumb rear end. this post is to help you be less of a dumb dumbass, you dumbass.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/111th_United_States_Congress

the 111th congress, a coalition of shitlumps. not as in "these congresspeople are subhuman pieces of poo poo," though they are, but as in "if these people were replaced with lumps of poo poo, it would be the same net effect in dealing with the real problems we face."

total democrat control over house, senate, and presidency. what'd the people get?

--bank bailouts with no serious prosecution or regulation

--no resistance to/possibly direct support of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizens_United_v._FEC (citizens united, aka "the money of the rich has more voice than you, now loving die quietly in the streets, pissant.") which honestly is probably directly responsible for the acceleration of the destruction of everything since after that, high-polluting corporations could just dump as much money into campaigns as they wanted to, fully mask-off, so if I had to pick one particular "lol you dumbass yes, the DNC is heavily responsible for trump," this would be it since it allowed the money faucets to drown what shreds of a pretend-democracy we had, aka ushering in fascism by allowing capital to work even more unopposed against the interests of literally everyone else.

--no holding-accountable of BP for ruining the gulf coast (remember? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deepwater_Horizon_oil_spill?)

--a half-assed 90s republican healthcare plan rebranded as obamacare instead of actually helping the most vulnerable 20+ million who still could not afford the ACA (because when something is "affordable" it is by definition something that "costs money" so "poor people are hosed yet again." yeah it's great that about 20+ million other people got quasi-not-poo poo healthcare, but again: total government control. and they used what republicans poo poo out in the 90s instead of something that actually helps people. https://www.congress.gov/bill/103rd-congress/senate-bill/1770 is the bill that became obamacare. yeah, the HEART act. from loving chafee.)

--no gitmo closing

--new cages for kids

--enhancements/streamlining to GWB's dronesassination program

--a nice general sense of "guys we're just too loving stupid to deal with the republicans. they're just too politically savvy. sure we hold all the levers of power, but we will loving die before we exercise any of that power to help you plebian fucktards since we know you'll just vote for us again. lol get fukt hahaha you think they won't 'work with us' lol you goddamn dumbasses we work for the same ultra wealthy people which is why every corporation that has real money donates to both parties hahaha oh poo poo is my mic still on"

there's probably more poo poo but I spent most of that time real fuckin drunk because it became increasingly clear that GWB was not an aberration, he was the embodiment of Real America, as in The Hyperwealthy Who Never Really Worked For Their Wealth: just dumbfucks who lucked into money and power and privilege because they fell out of the right cunts at the right time, and think they know a goddamn thing because of that luck.

this also doesn't go into the voting records of these same shitlords (how they helped start the iraq war for instance) or how these same shitlords spent the preceding 2-3 decades gutting american industry for the wealthy with nothing given to the poeple who lost their jobs to the imperial core finally turning to devour its own (i.e. capital going fully global and not solely making GBS threads on the minorities within its own borders but starting to poo poo harder on everyone in the working class regardless of identity).

it's less that the democrats "caused" trump and more that "the democrats are not your friends you loving idiot, they exist to be the nice hand of the rich relative to the mean hand of the rich that are the republicans. they don't actually hate trump, or the republicans. it's kayfabe."

I mean it's cute that people believe we're a two-party state but:

Julius Nyerere posted:

The United States is also a one-party state, but with typical American extravagance, they have two of them.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Also, America has never been decent, that’s loving bullshit.

also this. slavery, it's not good folks, many people are saying!! (and if you think we ended slavery after the civil war then holy poo poo)

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

but ORANGE MAN BAD

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Plank Walker posted:

it's simple, when the fascist party erodes the norms of decency and explicitly calls for dismantling the tools of democracy to maintain their power, you just point out that it's really the fault of one person and the rest of the fascists are good folks who we need to work with, they're just under the spell of one guy at the top and as soon as we remove him, the problem is fully solved

:shuckyes:

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Malloc Voidstar posted:

went searching for how qanons are handling this and found this pinned tweet

https://twitter.com/QAnon_Report/status/1294615858048839681

wow #2 huge if true

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

I refuse to believe that Clive post (the person, not the literal post) is real, no one could be that fuckin stupid, it's such a perfect stereotype of an impotent maga chud trying to cope

Tempora Mutantur has issued a correction as of 20:27 on Nov 16, 2020

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

the tlop cinematic universe

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

PMC in this context is professional managerial class, a bullshit term

PMC referring to private military contractor is a separate context

thinking the second in this context is like "whoa whoa whoa dude, I asked for a car, why did you infect me with herpes?!" "you asked for an STI." "you're a suburu dealer you fuckin moron"

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Finicums Wake posted:

PMC, whether in ehrenreich's formulation or the various other takes on the phenomena, usually isn't defined based on income tho

it's defined based on bullshit, because it means gently caress-all and only exists to siphon off some time to talk about how it doesn't matter as an identifier

it doesn't serve any benefit, it makes it harder to simplify the message to working class vs capital

Tempora Mutantur posted:

PMC is still a stupid loving term, BEB probably is too

it's all just working class vs shitlords (aka capitalist class); you're either working class or a working class traitor who doesn't realize your interests will always align with the rest of the working class because you aren't a capitalist and thinking you'll become one is on par with "I just gotta win the lottery, then my plan alllll comes together."

it's pretty much that simple and anyone adding more to that is, at the end of the day, sowing division within the working class to one degree or another (cause if it's just a pointless identifier when you otherwise actually mean class traitor, why use it, you know? either a 'PMC' person is a dipshit betraying their class, or they aren't and they're still just working class albeit in a more comfortable position)

working class interests are always at the heart of the working class regardless of whether a member of the class is a noble warehouse worker or a filthy computer toucher; it's the individual's choice to realize that even if they're a piece of poo poo warehouse foreman that they need to actually do right by their workers first, because they're still working class even though they get to wield the stick for a little bit

for anyone in this thread who actually gives half a gently caress about nuance, I highly recommend Yugopnik's video "The Middle Class Doesn't Exist" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVhdbOUelY4) which also talks about how PMC is a bullshit word that only exists to divide the left/working class

on the other hand, lol all posting is a waste of time, the gently caress am I doing with my life

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

SchnorkIes posted:

Are the people in actual grinding poverty or are they just unwilling to pay taxes? I know a lot of "poor people" making hundreds of thousands a year in cash livestock etc business

SchnorkIes posted:

Yeah, but on paper, and on the kind of income figures cited, they're poor, but they're moving paper bags full of cash for all manner of scheme

...are you running for a position within the DNC on their very popular "poors don't exist, anyone claiming to be poor is a lying rear end in a top hat who actually has 100k in reserve which is why we must means test everything before giving no one anything" platform??

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

it's a thing but it's also pointless to bring up, especially apropos of nothing

also it comes across as lovely because jfc dude even a cursory amount of trying to understand the demographics of wv/appalachia tells you that for every dickhole small business tyrant whose gimmick is taking ag subsidy and abusing migrant workers there are like 5+ more people getting totally fuckin economically shafted (referring to fake-schnork's original "but are they truly poor?" post)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

...no, it is the people who elected me who are wrong