Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Powerful

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
Body Hammer owns but not as much as the first one. These loving black and white passion project movies w/ practical effects always work for some reason. People say Tetsuo: Iron Man is like Eraserhead, but aren't they really quite different? Tetsuo has more of an Edgar Allan Poe feeling to me, but Poe never quite followed the train of thought to Drill Dick Station. What I'm trying to say here is it's good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Is t that the weepy kid from Battle Royale who can't murder his classmates because of a crush on some girl?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

i love shinya tsukamoto, so many good movies, tetsuo series is just the top of the iceberg, the guy matured a lot as a director since then.

snake of june and gemini are amazing but kotoko is one of my favorite ones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILChkxK-w70

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

bullet ballet and vital are my favorites probably

its amazing that he makes a dude dissecting his dead girlfriend as part of med school seem tender and sentimental and not insane and creepy

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Parallax posted:

bullet ballet and vital are my favorites probably

its amazing that he makes a dude dissecting his dead girlfriend as part of med school seem tender and sentimental and not insane and creepy
fun fact about bullet ballet is that the idea of the protagonist building his own gun is in the movie exists becuase tsukamoto's hobby is metalwork and he built a working gun from scratch himself in the past

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
tetsuo is one of my favourite movies ever and body hammer was pretty good also but bullet man was a colossal waste of time, except the monster effects

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

watched phantom of regular size, which is basically a dry run for the original tetsuo except in color, and adventures of electric pole boy which was fun. feels very obayashi inspired

also the download for electric pole boy came with an interview with tsukamoto and at the beginning hes watching brakage's the act of seeing with one's own eyes which owns

• Locked thread