Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Jigglesby posted:

Wilder's right seems to have healed fine.

Ayyyy I disagree bretheren

He might have thrown 15 rights Total before the knockout combination. He wasn't even feinting with it, which is insane, he's Deontay Wilder and it's his right hand, which tells me that the bicep isn't healed yet and Heymon offered him a bonus to not mess up their primtime fight schedule.

He was saving all of his power in his right for one flurry because it was not healed and did not feel good.

You could blame it on overcautiousness if he fought like that for the first two rounds, but, it's clear he was babying something, either his hand or his bicep and wasn't going to risk them until he absolutely needed to. It was 98% a 2 armed fighter against a 1 armed fighter

The Hurd Henderson fight was really good. I love Henderson's skill, they shouldn't have stopped it. Henderson should consider moving down a weight division.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
How did you guys like "Bleed for This" the Vinny Paz movie. He's in the very foggiest parts of my young young memory from watching USA tuesday night fights with my dad.I felt like they kept as much actual fighting out of the movie as possible, sort of the opposite of Creed, but I guess it's a nice double feature for the Roberto Duran movie. Which was equally mediocre but had better fight scenes.

Where does passion come from, where do drive and discipline come from, there's so much humanity in boxing but the fighting tells the story, so a fight movie really has to be about fights, even if they're kind of cartoonish and stupid as in the rocky movies

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Respect Box!

Media people and casual fans are embarrassingly selling out for Canelo. He's a lead footed fellow who has shown nothing in his career that makes me think he could beat GGG outright. GGG might be aging past his prime, but it's 2017 and we have T and HGH. A lot of redheads are going to feel disappointment after they see their man wobbled with hooks and straight rights. You can't lean and flop at the waist -your way out of this one.

GGG has to be nervous about a decision, for obvious reasons. Canelo has to worry about being baited into an ill advised counter and knocked out

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Sep 13, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
This is a bit hyperspecific, but does anyone know about bars in the Salem/Portland oregon area that are boxing centric, or at least fighting centric enough to show boxing and MMA?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Where do you guys get your daily boxing coverage? How about more in depth analysis?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Reddit's /r/boxing is indeed a very active community; good for day-to-day boxing updates and discussion, posts on upcoming and recent fights, and discussing historical or mythical fights and fighters.

Bad Left Hook is the best boxing blog that I've come across for editorials, recaps, and analysis. They also do a podcast that's decent.

Fightnews, Boxing Scene and Fight Hype are probably the best straight boxing news sites. Fight Hype has a lot of exclusive video interviews with fighters. Fightnews has the rankings of all 4 major sanctioning bodies, as well as the boxing schedule for the year.

Chris Mannix has probably the best boxing podcast (it's a low bar), but he very recently left Yahoo for Sports Illustrated, so it's unclear when he will be able to resume podcasting. If he does resume it's worth listening to. He gets good guests, including top promoters and fighters.

The SituAsian posted:

These days I get the majority of stuff through Twitter. Dan Rafael of ESPN and Mike Coppinger of The Ring are probably the most active reporters while Michael Benson is a UK based reporter who seems to have the beat pretty covered. Boxingscene.com is the biggest aggreagator of news but the site is mess imo so just checking their twitter is the way to go. While the best daily site is Bad Left Hook.

https://twitter.com/danrafaelespn
https://twitter.com/MikeCoppinger
https://twitter.com/MichaelBensonn
https://twitter.com/boxingscene

R/boxing is actually a pretty strong source of actual conversation and more in-depth analysis since it's really heavily moderated.

Thank you both. I love boxing and I wish it had the sort of internet blanket coverage that basketball has. I love Brian Campbell and Rafe Bartholomew's podcast, I was overjoyed when they brought it back, because I loved listening to it on grantland.

I always forget this thread exists because it's tucked into the subforum subforum, thanks again.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The home field advantage for American/Mexican fighters in Vegas vs foreigners has gotten so egregious that I understand why someone like Joshua would never ever fight wilder outside of the UK. It's embarrassing for the sport that every single big ppv has ended like this for several years running

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

It's a good thing that the UK has no history of blatantly favouring home fighters.

Maybe that crazy private Saudi yacht fight is the best way to do it going forward