Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
This cruiserweight tournament is going to be brutal in the latter stages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
I can't be the only one who thinks Kellerman is a total charlatan right? I don't get how you can be in the position of a highly regarded analyst when you've never boxed or trained anyone yourself.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
I think boxing is such a gruelling sport that having first hand experience of what the participants are going through is invaluable. I do like Bernstein though I know him mostly as.a commentator.

Obviously many ex pros are terrible and are incapable of analytical thought, like Carl Froch and his 10-10 rounds. But I'll always value the opinion of a guy like Manny Steward over Merchant and Kellerman.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Got to protect that 100% KO record!

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Joshua's at his best when he gets drawn into a brawl and doesn't have to try and pick apart a tough/patient opponent, which is why a Wilder fight will be amazing.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
why is Wilder fighting Stiverne again

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Doubt Joshua's team are worried, if he can be drilled to slip Wlad's leaping left hook he can avoid the Wilder Windmill.

They're trying to make another Wembley event but they need Wilder to get his name out there, in America he's still getting overshadowed by tribal tatted cage fighters. He also refused a massive payday to fight Dillan Whyte for some unknown reason.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
There used to be some criticism that Joshua was a stiff, robotic "manufactured" boxer a la Frank Bruno but the Wlad fight dispelled most of that.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
You're all mad. Never trust an old Cuban looking to cash out.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Rigo has no bargaining power really, his promotion consists of social media memes, it's either fight Loma on his terms or accept a wasted career.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
LHW is ripe for a tournament. Make it happen Cocaine Kalle.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
All Rigo had to do was not quit, the excuses were ready made for him. What a way to ruin your legacy.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
That match up is basically everything I admire in a boxer versus everything I hate

so obviously Billy Joe will win

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

meat CRime posted:

bjs is boring as poo poo, put him down lemieux

It's an absolute schooling. I still hate the bastard but it's a joy to watch.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
I almost don't want the rematch to happen since Oscar and Golden Boy played us all for mugs and got exactly what they wanted

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

The production level on the WBSS is so over the top, everything is so dramatic and I love it

It's amazing, I can only assume Kalle Sauerland is planning to OD on cocaine soon and not pick up the bill for any of it

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Dorticos is a bizarro Cuban, poo poo technically but a granite chin

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Should have been stopped after the second knockdown, Dorticos didn't deserve an embarrassing KO like that

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Would the winner become the best ever CW? I love Holyfield but I feel his era of cruisers pales in comparison to the current one.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Isn't Young Christopher coming up in weight and training himself? Those are always bad signs

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Groves is so fragile. He's outclassing Eubank and has him cut yet you still feel he could get sparked at any moment.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
looks like Groves dislocated his shoulder in that last round

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
The fact that this is the first mis-step in either tournament is pretty remarkable by boxing standards

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Something seems fishy with this fight. Too much at stake for Wilder, and Ortiz is signed to the same promoter, old, inactive, off the gear, and Cuban.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
real happy to be proven wrong, great fight

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
How has he got so far with zero technique and one punch

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
We don't need GGG-Canelo 2, everybody knows who really won. If it's not on the level what's the point. Only downside is GGG losing a huge payday he deserves.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Hurry up before David Price shocks the world

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Roy Jones Jr and Max Kellerman are awful

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
somehow Eddie Hearn has managed to get $1billion over 8 years from streaming platform DAZN for 16 US shows per year, perhaps signalling the end of Al Haymon and Boxing on HBO

I want him to negotiate my next pay rise at work

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/boxing/eddie-hearn-boxing-1bn-deal-matchroom-dazn-streaming-giant-pay-per-view-a8345866.html

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

if i was mikey i'd have a fully invigorated desire to make the loma match

Garcia has a shorter reach than Linares and has much slower hands and feet. Obviously his power is something to be wary of but I bet Loma won't let him land, at least if he takes a lesson from the flash knockdown last night.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Lennox Lewis - Frank Bruno was fought outside in the freezing cold and rain in October

Surely now they can just use the Millennium Stadium with the roof on?

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
I think he's not quick or powerful enough to pull off his bootleg Roy Jones impression at world level

The other Josh who's fighting Postol this weekend looks more like the real deal

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Horn and the judges in Australia tried to do Pacquiao a favour but he just won't take it

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
I was just going to mention how much this reminded me of Calzaghe v Lacy

reminder that Gassiev would beat any boxer below 200lb

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
the thing about Usyk is that we still don't know how well he can take heavyweight power, Gassiev only caught him once and it wasn't entirely flush

will be fun finding out though

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
AJ/Wilder is obviously happening in spring or summer 2019 once they get done with their seemingly-dangerous-but-not-really next opponents. Not sure why there's so much talk of one ducking the other.

Monday Bandele fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jul 28, 2018

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
lol just blatantly clinch the guy to survive the last 10 seconds, why didn't Meldrick Taylor think of that

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
AJ's resume looking poorer since he started boxing like a lovely Wlad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
I'd prefer to see Wilder-Whyte. You'd back Wilder's power of course, but has he been in with anyone prepared to brawl form the opening bell? Wilder fights usually seem to consist of them both standing in front of each other and flinching until he eventually unleashes the windmill.