Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Marching Powder posted:

i thought it was comical that bellew and haye's body were racing to see who could take out haye first and haye's body was winning. it was really sad that bellew couldn't hurt a guy who was disintegrating on live tv.

Right but he was also racing against not getting knocked out by the HAYMAKER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
When Tony kicked that tablarone we should of all known it was a pure barn burner on the cards, you can't fake that kind of grudge.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Got the same seats as the first fight in the pub, let's hope the fights just as entertaining

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Boxings a funny sport, guy works that hard to get a fairly decent record, probably getting paid gently caress all, only to then be sacrificed. Hope he gets a decent pay day!

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

thehappyprince posted:

offering broner 6 million for 3 fights is the real dumb move here let's be real

I like him and yet agree with this.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I'm loving telling my fellow brits that AJ is a coward and Deontay is the true champ.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Isn't there a YouTube fight going on tomorrow?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Ah that was it!

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Im routing for KSI but he's got very little experience, Logan wrestled a ton in high school and was legit good, has clear knock down power and has got about 10kg on KSI as well as reach. At the weight ins it looks like Logan had actually cut weight so it seems like a more legit fight on paper.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
That's the one thing he's got going for him.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Has he said why?!

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Floyd is saying he's coming back next year to fight Pac again

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnvdWOphIoe/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=kkdk6h03vixp

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I am going to be very upset if AJ loses tonight and we don't see a unified champ named Wilder for even longer.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Frankston posted:

Why is that gimp Bellew always in the ring

u wot m8

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Frankston posted:

AJ didn't even shave or get a haircut, he's going soft

And hes been caught a couple of times already, uh oh.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
AJ is looking real bad here....

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Povetkin is winning; AJ fighting a very dumb fight here.

I got AJ up 3 to 2?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Thank goodness.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

AJ fought like the plan was to let him gas and then pounce, which isn’t a bad plan tbh

Well yea, but its risky as hell what with that heavy weight power that barely missed, if not landed a couple of times, particularly in that first round. Scary stuff.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

The whole podcast is fantastic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEwq64YTSO8

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
The dudes offering crack to crack heads from his Rolls in exchange for blowing a passer by, it's not surprising he's gee'd up on an Amphet.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhQu_gGXrOg

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I wonder how broke Floyd is? This almost certainly has to be an exhibition boxing match.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Hope he really does retire

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKGokdx39-8

Bellew seems really nice post fight

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Yea, that was freaky the way he kept repeating himself every 3 minutes as if he was saying it for the first time, I guess he really wanted to get it out and wanted to make sure it was out there.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
https://streamable.com/drer8 - cool round

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Who you guys got Wilder Vs Fury? Everyone here in the UK is certain Fury is going to win.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Julio Cruz posted:

British boxing fans are massive homers, see all the people who were picking Bellew to beat Usyk.

And Hatton to beat Floyd.

It is why I have come here to ask, because I know any discussion I am getting in this country is going to be massively slanted.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Mechafunkzilla posted:

everything should be Pride scoring

I don't even remember Pride scoring now :(

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHUUF3Ju8Qo

Mayweather fight promo from Rizin

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2dKtzwqbzM

Wilder on JRE

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Jack B Nimble posted:

Hey, a bit out of left field but did anyone else find the their love of boxing complicated by an increased awareness of concussions and the long term health effects? It's been weighing on me lately.

It has done for me big time in both boxing and mma.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Gozinbulx posted:

I have no loving clue why anyone thinks the Wilder Fury fight was good other than the drama of 2 "top" guys fighting each other.

Compare it to Fury klitschko

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSQGQvUCpM4

This is such a cool fight

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I always knew Amir Khan was a complete poo poo, but this kind of proves it.

https://www.boxingscene.com/amir-khan-if-brook-real-man-he-admit-hes-gay--134744

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Khan really is a scumbag. I expect an apology but his career has been riddled with questionable statements, not to mention questionable strategic decisions inside the ring. Ultimately he’s just not a smart person. I look forward to seeing him get knocked out, whoever he fights next.

Khan is a dick head day to day as well, very few people have ever had a nice time with him. I think a lot of girls have abusive text messages from him when they have dared turn him down, and the fan interaction stories are horrific. He is also running out of money quite quickly apparently so needs to make money fast to keep up with a lifestyle that has over taken him apparently.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

LobsterMobster posted:

agree that khan is a turd for this, but this is weird coming from the guy that spent years insisting gsp is gay

That was an ill thought out gimmick that did not work as well as my initial one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

My point is, why would he bother kicking floyd in a glorified sparring match?

To maim Floyd?