Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khomaniac
Dec 9, 2013

I don't mean to offer up a pretentious, partisan viewpoint, this is beyond that. No matter where you fall on the political spectrum, I think we can all agree this is a good idea. This isn't for me, this is for our children's children.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/turn-island-manhattan-maximum-security-prisonput-nuclear-launch-codes-cassette-safety

I'm sorry to beseech you guys, but the next step this administration takes is going to be crucial, and I think this is a sound, time tested choice.

When I made this petition the ghost of Benjamin Franklin popped a boner, although that might be the ghost of Benjamin Franklin's default state, I don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

what if the cassette tape gets all tangled and stuff when we need to play it and get the codes?

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pawn 17 posted:

what if the cassette tape gets all tangled and stuff when we need to play it and get the codes?

you can pop it apart with a screwdriver and respool it noob

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Khomaniac posted:

I don't mean to offer up a pretentious, partisan viewpoint, this is beyond that. No matter where you fall on the political spectrum, I think we can all agree this is a good idea. This isn't for me, this is for our children's children.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/turn-island-manhattan-maximum-security-prisonput-nuclear-launch-codes-cassette-safety

I'm sorry to beseech you guys, but the next step this administration takes is going to be crucial, and I think this is a sound, time tested choice.

When I made this petition the ghost of Benjamin Franklin popped a boner, although that might be the ghost of Benjamin Franklin's default state, I don't know.

heh, didnt realize that I was the ghost of Benjamin Franklin :grin:

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I might sign it. I might not. I'll leave you all in suspense. :smugdon:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i assumed this thread was more whining about trump but instead it is a transcendent plan for the future

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
until my cuzzo is released i only sign his petitions, sorry OP

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Someone call Kurt Russel

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

im not dumb this is obviously the plot of captain ron

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

VendaGoat posted:

Someone call Kurt Russel

*flips through Rolodex*

"Nope not in there." :shrug:

Khomaniac
Dec 9, 2013

Pawn 17 posted:

We bitch incessantly about how the codes would have sounded better on vinyl.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
OP i'm mad as hell i got all prepared to say "an internet petition won't impeach trump you loving idiot" but then you made a joke that i giggled at

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

The cassette didn't contain the nuclear launch codes. It was some prepared thing about some bullshit that would make the Soviets be our pals.

Khomaniac
Dec 9, 2013

DoctorStrangelove posted:

The cassette didn't contain the nuclear launch codes. It was some prepared thing about some bullshit that would make the Soviets be our pals.

Yeah, there's not really a concise word for what the cassette had on it, it wasn't explicitly stated but something like that was hinted. "Launch codes" is usually acceptable for any nuclear weapon related McGuffin, which the tape certainly is, no one knows exactly how the codes work, but it sounds rad.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

VendaGoat posted:

Someone call Kurt Russel

this is the solution to like 99% of lifes problems I have found

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khomaniac
Dec 9, 2013

Nooner posted:

this is the solution to like 99% of lifes problems I have found

The toast he says in Big Trouble in Little China is still my go to patriotic statement, "May the wings of liberty never lose a feather".

It's pretty much a tougher, better version of "God Save the Queen" if the queen was a winged apex predator.

• Locked thread