Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
No wonder Barry was able to break out by himself with one of the most boring of boringness mirages taking him over.

Edit: Update on last page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Doga will choke this point

and all possibility of an interesting mirage.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

Ugh, seriously, Draug? The guy whose only interesting point is that his name is what he does spelled backwards? The guy who isn't even good, from what I recall?

What a disappointing mirage for a dude who deserved better. :arghfist:

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Thought about other possible axe-users in FE1 and now I'm hoping we get a dual Bord/Cord boss fight at some point.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Draug is very disappointing but maybe he can be given a personality here. His name was Cursed Draug so he'll probably get uncursed now and become an ally.

Or he'll be a very uninteresting Egarim.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh god Tharja gets Stalker: The Skill.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Barry! :swoon:

Will we ever get into detail on why Barry became Mamori's biggest fan later on? I think they have a cute dynamic. :3: My guess is that when Barry lost his previous Mirage, maybe he fell into depression but managed to snap out of it when he heard Mamori sing.

EponymousMrYar posted:

No wonder Barry was able to break out by himself with one of the most boring of boringness mirages taking him over.

Edit: Update on last page.

Barry deserves better. Barry deserves Barst. :black101:

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Or Marty.

Or the Penta-Axe General.

If only, right?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

lmao Draug

These character choices are terrible

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
On the whole, I feel like my ability to buy into the pre-boss scene was significantly lessened by the soundtrack not including Barry's apparent endless Rising Force-style guitar solo. (admittedly I feel like many scenes might be enhanced by the inclusion of such, but in this case it's warranted, dammit! I will credit the game for having something appropriate cut in once Barry is compos mentis again - although I needed to turn the volume pretty high to hear even that, so maybe it was more about audio balancing in the first place.

still, Draug should have had a self-buff called Rising Force

I can still hope against hope that Barry will join our team now, even though naming conventions suggest that it's going to be Mamori instead. I also hope (probably also against hope) that this will awaken Mamori to the ways of metal, because that would be at odds with the rest of the cast in the most glorious way possible.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Or if they decide to actually remember non-Marth and non Waifu embelms exist, Hector - Barry and Hector being the metalhead and extremely blunt and no-frills guy contrasting the rest of the group.

But given things, Mamori would probably be our next member.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
FE1 Draug: Swords/Lances
FE3 Draug: Lances
FE11/12 Draug: Whatever, reclassing is a thing, but mostly Lances/Bows.
TMS Draug: Axes
FE: Heroes Draug: Swords

The lesson to be learned is that Draug is powerful enough to wield any weapon he wants, over time. He's also pretty popular for whatever reason, so I wasn't too surprised to see him.

should have been Barst though

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

On the one hand, I understand the game wanting to at least give some attention to the knight class since most games take a meteor-sized dump on them with everything from map size to unit stats to other miscellaneous bullshit. On the other hand...Draug was the best option they could go with for all of this? I understand using Virion due a severe lack of interesting archers in Marth's games, but axe users are not in short supply in Archanea/Ylisse. Like, Barst or Vaike were not a good option for an axe user because....what exactly? Or hell, use a wyvern rider (since now their default weapons are axes) and give us Cherche or Minerva, or even an actual villain on our side in the form of Michalis.

But who knows, maybe Mirage Draug might be interesting and be enjoyable. Like everyone else, I'm just puzzled by the weird choices for Mirages regarding Ellie and Mamori/Barry. Next you'll tell me TMS remembers that Bantu exists and includes him as an ally.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Draug, the 324th most popular character in fire emblem

A poll that separately counts multiple appearances as separate characters

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Well they have the original game and Awakening to work with there's NO WAY they'd use Kellam as a boss :rolleyes:

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Well they have the original game and Awakening to work with there's NO WAY they'd use Kellam as a boss :rolleyes:

Maybe it's a meta joke. You know, the whole "who is Kellam?" thing. Or is it "where is Kellam?"

If Kellam was in this game, he would be hidden so well, we won't notice him.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Blademaster_Aio posted:

Maybe it's a meta joke. You know, the whole "who is Kellam?" thing. Or is it "where is Kellam?"

If Kellam was in this game, he would be hidden so well, we won't notice him.

So what you're saying is that Kellam is this game's superboss? :v:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

amigolupus posted:

So what you're saying is that Kellam is this game's superboss? :v:

Nah. He's a random encounter in an area that doesn't have those with an extremely low probability to appear. As in, lower than a shiny Pokemon pre-gen 6.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

use who as a boss? for some reason there a big blank space there.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
They had a perfect chance to use either Walhart or THE MOST AMAZING MOUSTACHE who serves him, but no.

Draug.

Why.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Just popping in to thank you for Lping Idol Emblem. Sadly, I still want to play it and would rather not have the LP in my mind beforehand. Thanks for doing it and I'll read it alongside my first playthrough when I inevitably cave and buy a Wii U just to play this as its the only game on the system I'm interested in.

S_o_S93
Jun 21, 2017
Sure are a lot of whiners in here. Doga's great, y'all can suck my dick.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Shei-kun posted:

They had a perfect chance to use either Walhart or THE MOST AMAZING MOUSTACHE who serves him, but no.
I'd bet on Walhart showing up as a future boss. Probably as a Tome-user though because gently caress you.

The game is just the right kind of dumb to appeal to me, but man, neither the FE or SMT stuff has a lot of purchase on it.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Draug is cool because Barry is cool.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Draug totally has a real dialog portrait but I'll be damned if I'm going to record the entire intermission just to get it. Anyway!

:siren: Indomitable Draug :siren:

Mamori... It was all thanks to you that I got back to normal. I'm...so grateful...

Thank goodness...! Did I...really help?

Of course, Mamori! Your song was wonderful!

Aw, it's a happy ending for everyone. And Barry finally got to hear Mamori sing!

His spirit is indomitable... He's a knight through and through.

His name's Draug... and he used to fight by my side, as my partner. Mamori, please... Would you save him...? Will you become Draug's Master?

Me...? Save him...?

It's kinda hard to see over Mamori's kimono, but there is a faint orb there. Time to welcome our newest party member.

That light... That's Performa!

Per...forma...?

If you lend me your strength, Mamori, we'll be able to save Draug!

This is... Mamori's Performa... It's such a warm light...

...Are you sure you're okay with this?

...If Mamori's loaded with this much Performa, she'll be dragged into this fight whether she likes it or not. But if Draug's the one stickin' by her... that'll be enough for me to rest easy.

I still don't really understand about Mirages and Masters... but I was glad I could save you, Uncle Barry. I don't want to just be protected... I want to be able to fight alongside everyone and protect them too!

Good... Draug's a pretty decent guy. I'm sure you two are gonna get along just fine!

Mhm!

Are you ready, Mamori?

Yes... Please go ahead, Itsuki!

Well, there's our man back to normal. Now, the moment you've all been waiting for...

Now that's a set of armor to be proud of. Even TMS understands the importance of Fashion Souls.

And really, this is just to show that she has a comically oversized axe to go along with it. I'm not a very big fan of Mamori if we're being honest, but for better or worse she nails the aesthetic.

Looks like you're all good now.

Master...!

Hey, hold on there, Draug. I ain't your Master anymore.

What...?

Draug... I need you to look after Mamori from now on. Awright?

Go on, introduce yourself.

I-I'm Mamori Minamoto. Um... There's a lot I don't know, a-and I'm still a child... but I'm pleased to meet you.

Child or elder, it matters not. It is my honor to make your acquaintance, Mamori Minamoto - my little Master.

I'm sure this is all confusing right now, but don't worry. I'll be there to help you out when you need it.

Thank you, Itsuki. I'll be sure to do my best, alongside Mr. Draug!

My memories after my separation with Barry are mired in haze... I can scarce imagine how I was in such a state.

I lost Draug when that Mirage beat me. I'm guessin' that's about when the bad guys screwed around with his head. But, thanks to Mamori, Draug's back to his old self... and soon enough, the station's gonna be fine too! All's well that ends well, right? HAHAHAHA!

Mamori joined the team.

:toot:

:siren: This Isn't Really Your Job :siren:

And with that, we're back in the real world. Job well done, team.

It's never that easy though, is it?

Mr. Hatanaka.

Ah, and everyone else! My, the whole of Fortuna Entertainment is here. What might be the occasion?

Mamori's going to be on one of the Daitou TV shows, so we came for moral support...

Hmm. Are you sure? Somehow I get the feeling that isn't the whole truth.

Er, I wouldn't -

You'll find you can't fool me that easily, Itsuki. I think we both know what's going on. I'm guessing you guys came out empty-handed just like me, right?

Empty-handed?

Originally, I was just here for a meeting... But as I was about to leave, I noticed some commotion in the studio. So, naturally, I thought it must be something to do with the incident before! But, as you can see, there's clearly nothing out of the ordinary going on here...

Mr. Hatanaka... I don't think you should get too involved in all this. Investigating these strange incidents isn't really your job, is it?

Hahaha. True enough, true enough. But I was involved in that whole 106 fiasco, you know. You can hardly blame me for wanting to know the truth.

Still, it'd be best if you leave the investigation to the police, or even the media.

I suppose you're right...

I'm only saying this out of concern for you.

Thank you, but I understand. I have too much work to take care of! I wouldn't put myself in harm's way. After all, I have a duty to spice up the entertainment industry of Japan!

Guys, I'm all for trying to keep civilians out of this mess, but something tells me "Leave this investigation to the police" isn't gonna fly with someone who was directly involved with one of the incidents. It didn't work with Mamori, and it sure as poo poo isn't gonna work with the biggest name in entertainment.

What is it?

Apparently Daiba TV just had a huge corporate reorganization recently. They even appointed a new president. But this new fellow... Mahiro Tsurumi. He's a bit of a strange one. And I've never come across his name before.

They haven't made his background public, either... I asked my contacts if they knew anything about this Mahiro Tsurumi, but none of them had heard a thing. Even I can't seem to pull any history on the man. Exactly who could he be?

Daiba TV... But why are you telling us about it?

Well it's good for us in the business to know who's running these stations, so it's not as if it's irrelevant. Well, until next time.

Yeah. Ms. Maiko said Mr. Horinozawa started acting strange around the time he accepted the job from DTV...

A reorganization at the network... Does this have something to do with the Mirage incidents...?

The game gives us back control, but there's basically nothing left to do here. Time to head back to the office and bring this chapter to a close.

:siren: Don't Be Too Hard On Him :siren:

Thank you, Mamori. And... Thanks for saving me, everyone.

I'm just so glad you're all right, Barry...

Me too. But now that all that's over and done with, Barry - you know how reckless that was? Geez!

He's right! It's downright stupid to just run in there by yourself when you're not even a Master.

Yeah, okay, my bad... I just wasn't thinking straight. All I could think about was saving Mamori.

W-We shouldn't be too hard on him... Come on, Uncle Barry, just apologize!

I'm very, very sorry...

Yeah, me too.

I guess I'd just better keep working hard if I don't want Mamori to leave me in the dust.

Bah! I can't believe I almost forgot! All of you sit down, shuddup, and don't even THINK about blinking!

That special, live broadcast had to be cancelled, but I'm glad they still called you back for a regular show.

Mhm! Everyone was so nice... I had a really great time singing there!

They told me, "Ms. Shimazaki, you must have seen her potential. I wouldn't expect any less from Fortuna." I heard nothing but good things! With this song and your cooking show, Mamori, the singing gigs will roll in!

Oh, I'm so glad! I promise to work my hardest!

:siren: :siren: :siren: Raindrop Memories ~ Mamori Minamoto (Full Song) :siren: :siren: :siren:

Lyrics posted:

Raindrop memories,
A half-remembered history.
I'm trying to forget your voice,
Forget your scent, but I remember vividly.

Raindrop memories,
A melancholy elegy.
I'm sleeping in my reverie,
And I will never let them go.

And when you said goodbye, and left me all alone,
Was that all it took to let me fall?
If I had said sorry, a plain apology,
Would anything have changed at all?

Raindrop memories,
A half-remembered history.
Locked in my heart, I could never part
With this rainy memory.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I'm really digging Mamori's look here. The design, especially the ears and roundness of the head, reminds me of Overman King Gainer.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Oh god, that costume! How could you not use her all the time, every time?

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

I hope Barry wore that armor when he was a Mirage master.

S_o_S93
Jun 21, 2017
gently caress yeah, finally our axe! Gotta love the "littlest girl is tank" trope.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

S_o_S93 posted:

gently caress yeah, finally our axe! Gotta love the "littlest girl is tank" trope.

Hear, hear.

The aesthetic is great.

Edvarius
Aug 23, 2013

Kay Kessler posted:

I hope Barry wore that armor when he was a Mirage master.

He was the most metal of bunnies :black101:

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.
...And here everyone and their mother was expecting Mamori to be our healer. :allears:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Melomane Mallet posted:

...And here everyone and their mother was expecting Mamori to be our healer. :allears:

In the Original DnD clerics wore heavy armor and used maces.
in FF1 Whiet mages could, in direct reference to TTRPGs of the day, can wield hammers.
There is no reason a healer should be delicate :getin:

VVV She's a FE axe unit. FE axe units kick rear end. They kick so much rear end.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Oct 29, 2017

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

I'm not Katsura, I'm Captain Katsura!

I really don't like Mamori's carnage outfit. It's got some really good touches, like the padding inside the helmet, but as a whole it looks really stupid. But I am glad we have Mamori now, because she never once left my party after I got her except when I absolutely had to remove her. No contest, she's the best unit in the game.

S_o_S93
Jun 21, 2017

Rigged Death Trap posted:

VVV She's a FE axe unit. FE axe units kick rear end. They kick so much rear end.

They kick so much axe.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

*looks at the number of people Haar has murdered in my PoR/RD runs*

Yep, the math checks out. I love my narcoleptic flying axe tank.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Edvarius posted:

He was the most metal of bunnies :black101:

Oh, that's bunny armor? For some reason I assumed it was a dog.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Kay Kessler posted:

Why would one wear dog armor with a bunny axe?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

OddObserver posted:

Why would one wear dog armor with a bunny axe?

Artix posted:

... I guess that is a bunny axe. I never noticed that before now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edvarius
Aug 23, 2013

Kay Kessler posted:

Oh no, definitely bunny armor. It's even got a decorative cotton-puff tail on the back.

• Locked thread