Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Blademaster_Aio posted:

I guess it's a case of "my persona is weak to it", but can your persona make you fly?
The answer to that is a spoiler.

Item Getter posted:

It's sort of funny how Persona 5 reintroduced some gameplay elements of the older Persona titles, and one of them they decided to bring back was some of the tons of goofy elemental attacks that Persona 1-2 had, like Gravity.
Didn't know that. I knew that "guns for everyone" was making a comeback, even if they're "not really guns" somehow, and so was a form of negotiation, but I didn't know they were altering the elemental system that's been in place since Nocturne.

Item Getter posted:

This game showed me the thing that Persona awakening cutscenes were always missing.
Shiny Sailor Moon transformation sequences?

Item Getter posted:

How is the FE weapon triangle supposed to work in this game when the enemies (at least that we have seen so far) seem to be generic Persona 3 Shadow looking things which aren't holding any discernible weapons? Or are most of the later enemies visibly holding a sword, spear or whatever. I wonder if that also means that the SMT series staple "immune to physical attacks" enemies don't really appear in this game.
There are enemies for whom it is clear. Some of them should be appearing in this dungeon, IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Tsubasa's outfit is peak :japan:. Itsuki is stylish tho

Tsubasa's outfit doesn't even reach halfway on peak anime :colbert:

SweaterGear
Jan 4, 2010

There's a Monopenguin! :swoon:
I really appreciate how they gave ghost Chrom the "always in a wind tunnel" effect he had in Awakening. That was making me smile throughout his scenes this update. Such a billowy cape~

OvermanXAN
Nov 14, 2014
While I have no doubt this game is a good as people in this thread are saying... It still doesn't entirely quell my irritation over the decisions made for *one* specific reason. Namely that Atlus has, in fact, made Fire Emblem-like strategy games in the SMT metaseries before, and I'm not even referring to Devil Survivor here, I'm referring to Majin Tensei. So the claim that they felt that it'd have to be Intsys doing it if it was a strategy game really falls flat for me. Now, maybe Majin Tensei is crap, I know the third game in its subseries, Ronde, is supposed to be an utter trainwreck due to poor writing and horrid 3D models, but the first two got Japanese Virtual Console re-releases, which presumably points to them having a market. Maybe the fire emblem comparisons are overblown? I'm not exactly in a position to play them myself but I know they existed.

Regardless, I look forward to seeing what we DID get, even if I wish the Fire Emblem elements were more substantial. It looks enjoyably anime.

PeaceDiner
Mar 24, 2013

OvermanXAN posted:

While I have no doubt this game is a good as people in this thread are saying... It still doesn't entirely quell my irritation over the decisions made for *one* specific reason. Namely that Atlus has, in fact, made Fire Emblem-like strategy games in the SMT metaseries before, and I'm not even referring to Devil Survivor here, I'm referring to Majin Tensei. So the claim that they felt that it'd have to be Intsys doing it if it was a strategy game really falls flat for me. Now, maybe Majin Tensei is crap, I know the third game in its subseries, Ronde, is supposed to be an utter trainwreck due to poor writing and horrid 3D models, but the first two got Japanese Virtual Console re-releases, which presumably points to them having a market. Maybe the fire emblem comparisons are overblown? I'm not exactly in a position to play them myself but I know they existed.

Regardless, I look forward to seeing what we DID get, even if I wish the Fire Emblem elements were more substantial. It looks enjoyably anime.

Majin Tensei is somewhat similar to Fire Emblem. It doesn't have a weapon circle (however, certain races of demons are more effective against others i.e. beast units do 200% damage against flight units), you have ally, enemy, and neutral units, weapons like guns and bows make attacking from a distance possible and different races of demons can move through certain terrain, battle is split into your turn and then the enemy's turn rather than turns being determined by speed, in the second game you can't replay cleared stages, etc. I personally thought they were good and hope someday they'll get some fan translator's attention. Ronde was definitely a misstep due mostly to the abysmal battle and negotiation system, though of course Atlus isn't to blame because they only published it (it was developed by a company called Multimedia Intelligence Transfer).

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
If they had to do an SMT crossover with a totally unrelated series (forgetting Dante for a moment) then something like this game is probably the best way to do it... just to make an original game that finds a way to pull some elements and name drops from the two series. Though in the end I guess it just confused and disappointed a lot of fans of both series who were expecting something more familiar.

The game probably would have been a lot better received if they had changed the name of the project to Persona x Fire Emblem before the actual game was revealed. Since the game is close enough to a Persona game that it would be laughed off as a "Mind Zero" type ripoff if Atlus wasn't involved, but at least based on my limited knowledge, the non-Persona SMT influence is relegated to the names of spells and some name dropping of mascot demons like Jack Frost.

Granted, the FE characters operate rather differently than Personas but the Persona series itself has always been inconsistent between games about how Personas operate. The idea is more just to set expectations and attract an audience who would be more predisposed to like the game instead of reject it. I guess they were trying to allude to the original Persona with the game's Japanese title but it would be lost on most people who started the series with 3 or 4.

The real most amusing way they could have done SMT x FE is if they had just made SMT 4 be that. Replace the Eastern Kingdom of Mikado guys with Fire Emblem characters and had them go down into some dungeon and find out that their world is sitting above post-apocalyptic Tokyo.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

Oh hey, I think I recognize part of Tsubasa's outfit from an infamous Twitter screenshot. :v: ~*~vagina bones~*~

So far this seems like it's mostly the benign kind of anime-as-hell, which I'm fine with... Even if they chose the objective Worst Lord to saddle our protagonist with. I kind of wish I had the cash for a WiiU so I could get this, now.

SweaterGear
Jan 4, 2010

There's a Monopenguin! :swoon:

Like Clockwork posted:

So far this seems like it's mostly the benign kind of anime-as-hell, which I'm fine with... Even if they chose the objective Worst Lord to saddle our protagonist with.

Chrom's pretty alright, at least it's not Leif or Eliwood or Roy

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Like Clockwork posted:

Oh hey, I think I recognize part of Tsubasa's outfit from an infamous Twitter screenshot. :v: ~*~vagina bones~*~

So far this seems like it's mostly the benign kind of anime-as-hell, which I'm fine with... Even if they chose the objective Worst Lord to saddle our protagonist with. I kind of wish I had the cash for a WiiU so I could get this, now.

I mean, he has a crush on Tsubasa so it's not like Ike would've worked. :v:

On a serious note, I am surprised they didn't choose Marth, which means they are probably saving him for something.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

hopeandjoy posted:

I mean, he has a crush on Tsubasa so it's not like Ike would've worked. :v:

On a serious note, I am surprised they didn't choose Marth, which means they are probably saving him for something.

:laffo:

But yeah, I was expecting Marth when I heard that the leading lady had Ceada as her notPersona. Wonder if Marth's being saved or not... He's kind of the series' face, but that doesn't mean anything either way.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

hopeandjoy posted:

I mean, he has a crush on Tsubasa so it's not like Ike would've worked.

Calling Itsuki's feelings toward Tsubasa "a crush" is uh...generous. He clearly cares for her, but anything romantic is a one-way street (though certainly not for a lack of trying!)

E: Also vagina bones is one of Tsubasa's other outfits. Don't worry, we're getting there real soon. :v:

Artix fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 5, 2017

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Damnit, Tiki. Either teleport or float, but don't do both.

That's just showing off, damnit! :argh:

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

where's ike in all of this....

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Roobanguy posted:

where's ike in all of this....

In Smash Bros. Turns out the real reason why Chrom wasn't playable is because he was too busy working on this. #FE needed a blue-haired swordsman for brand recognition, and all his buddies were busy beating up on each other.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

"[img posted:

https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/73/d6/00182263.0001.gif[/img]" post="469089810"]
Damnit, Tiki. Either teleport or float, but don't do both.

That's just showing off, damnit! :argh:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I never once said Lyn wasn't showing off.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Like Clockwork posted:

Hey, Chrom is fine. He is far from the worst lord in a series where Roy and Leif exist. Yeah, he's a straight man, but crazy people need a straight man to bounce off. I like Chrom; he's good. He's thoroughly outclassed by his daughter in every respect, but that's not his fault.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Silver Falcon posted:

Hey, Chrom is fine. He is far from the worst lord in a series where Roy and Leif exist. Yeah, he's a straight man, but crazy people need a straight man to bounce off. I like Chrom; he's good. He's thoroughly outclassed by his daughter in every respect, but that's not his fault.

I mean, it kind of is.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Ometeotl posted:

I mean, it kind of is.

actually it's my fault

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I never understood the feverish hatred of Chrom.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tae posted:

i dont think anyone hates chrom, i don't see how you could

i mean, i also don't get how you could love him either, his personality is rather middle of the road to me

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Being a (central character) lord and being bog-standard boring go hand in hand.

The first lord with any real personality quirks is Lucina, iirc. And shes almost an exception since she isnt there from the start.

Well would Hector count?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If you see Eraphim as boring, I can see how every good guy is boring to you then.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh god yeah Ephraim.
When I think Sacred stones tho I think mostly of Eirika.

And mostly since im counting lords that have been there since chapter 1.
Eliwood gets close because of Durandal though.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
The main character's persona should have been Ephraim or Hector

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
He's the main character, he's gotta use swords!

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

None of the lords are really bad characters. I find Erika the worst of them because, faced with a worsening situation, she grows weaker instead of stronger. (Compare the woman who practically states that a mid-boss' war crimes make the entire country worthy of destruction, with the one who renders the Bracelet subplot moot four chapters to the end. Both involve her giving up something important, but the first time she doesn't know better and she gains resolve. The second time she does know better and is broken much more by the consequences.)
Roy doesn't come across well because he doesn't have a strong supporting cast to play off of.

Chrom does gain seasoning and step up to the challenge, and has a strong supporting cast. I say that makes him a good lord.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Another point against Roy's favor is how goddamn late his promotion comes, so he's just kind of dead weight once promoted enemies start showing up and he's still a level 20 Lord.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Tae posted:

I liked Chrom, he's a good guy, and he had absolutely no objections to me marrying my children into both branches of the royal family thus ensuring my dynastic rise to power.

Wait what were we talking about again?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Glazius posted:

Man, I guess somewhere in the middle somebody ripped "subtlety" out of this mysterious other dimension's dictionary.

If you think this is bad just you wait.

Stumbling across this LP might be the motivation I need to go back and keep playing this. I fell off around Chapter 4 I think, mostly due to burnout from playing a ton of it in a very short time, but I'm totally on board with the level of anime. Just, uh, leave your expectations for a hard-hitting examination of the Japanese entertainment industry at the door.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Double update today, the first one is just some small menu stuff that I wanted to get out of the way.

So now that we have an actual party, it's time to poke around in the menu a little bit. Right now it's just Tsubasa and Itsuki, but this screen will get more and more crowded as we get more party members and supporting cast. If you let it go long enough, the characters will even go through some idle animations like Tsubasa looking down at Itsuki and smiling.

Anyway, Skills and Items are exactly what you think they are, so let's dive into some of the more interesting stuff.

The Wardrobe screen is your equipment menu. One of the more interesting design decisions is how much this game simplifies dealing with equipment, opting for just a weapon, accessory, and costume.

Your weapon is far and away the most important bit here. Not only does it determine your attack power, it also determines what your weaknesses and resistances are, as well as dictating what skills you learn. This can lead to some very interesting situations where you stick with a weaker weapon because it makes you resist ice instead of being weak to it, or using something that screws with your resistances because it has a skill that you would otherwise never be able to learn.

Accessories, on the other hand, are a combination of stat boosts/special effects and armor. Because of how you unlock new weapons, they're also the only thing you actually have to buy, so by endgame it's not at all uncommon to drop three million yen on upgrades for your entire party.

Costumes are purely cosmetic and change how your character looks in battle. They're mainly useful as something to dump your millions and millions of excess yen into near the end of the game.

The status screen really just lets you quickly check up on your stats if you really care, because the important information (read: your resistances) is already on the equipment screen.

It does have a quick bio though, if you're absolutely dying to know what Tsubasa's blood type is. :shrug:

One last thing of note - you can save at any time, anywhere, for any reason. It's great and super player-friendly, but there are a few times I wish they'd have put a regular save point in before bosses or something, because it is incredibly easy to forget that you can save whenever you want and end up losing a couple hours of progress.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Last time, we got our personas mirages, so it's time to tackle the rest of the dungeon. We can talk to Tsubasa on the way out, but...

Thank you for coming after me, Itsuki... I was so relieved...

Yeah. Let's just move on.

Our ultimate destination is that purple-ish thing in the background. Again, you can't really get lost or go backwards, but at least we have some side passages with goodies now.

But before we can get too far, we have one last field mechanic to intro. Now that we're equipped for battle, enemies will begin spawning semi-randomly throughout the dungeon, and once an enemy notices you, it will charge right at you for battle. You can despawn them by interacting with the enviroment in some way (opening a treasure box, going down a ledge/up a ladder, etc), but for the most part you're gonna have to deal with them the old-fashioned way.

Smack 'em in the face with your sword and they'll collapse on the ground, at which point you can either engage them at will or walk right past them. If you leave them long enough (or walk far enough away from them), they'll disappear.

This is also the only way to get a preemptive strike on enemies. It's not guaranteed by any stretch of the imagination, but it does seem more common if you can hit them before they notice you.

First strikes also aren't a guarantee for getting to lay into the enemies with impunity - here, only Itsuki got a free turn. Again, I believe this is based on the character's speed (and possibly their relative speed to the enemies), but I'm not 100% sure on that.

At any rate, two blobs go down quite easily and we learn our first skills!

If you've ever played SMTIV, the system in TMS is basically identical to Demon Whispering. You have 6 slots a piece for Commands, Session, and Passive skills, and learning the same skill multiple will upgrade it, making it cost less MP to use or increasing the base power of the move. You can also see what the weapon's next skill is, but you can't see the whole listing without going into the equip screen.

Tsubasa has something very important here, though. Elec-Lunge is our first session skill, and sessions are the real meat of the battle system. We'll see how they work in just a sec.

Anyway, if we hang a right at this first junction, we'll find a couple medicines.

At the next plaza, there's a couple enemies floating around. Unlike some SMT games, getting in a fight with multiple enemies at once isn't a thing, so you don't have to worry about enemy reinforcements at the end of a fight or anything like that.

Back in battle, things have changed a little bit. As you can see, when we hit the blobs with Zio, Tsubasa's Elec-Lunge is now part of the chain. If we carry out this attack...

Itsuki casts Zio like normal, but Tsubasa joins in with an attack of her own. This is a session, and this is how you will shatter this game over your knee. However, there are some very important rules that you have to remember about sessions:
  • Sessions are always started by hitting a weakness or using a super move of some kind (more on those later)
  • You must have a relevant session skill to combo with - in other words, if you have Fire-Ice and Fire-Wind, unless you can work a fire attack in there somewhere, that character isn't contributing anything.
  • Each character can only contribute one attack to a session (which includes the inital attack). This means you can't have a session that goes Itsuki-Tsubasa-Itsuki - he was the one that started the combo in the first place.
  • Combo attacks are subject to the same resistance rules as regular attacks. Hitting a null/drain, reflect, or missing entirely will end the session immediately.
  • Sessions only include your main party unless they have a specific skill. Bench characters who have said skill will always join a combo after your main party has attacked.
  • There is no way to not combo. If an enemy is weak to electricity but reflects lances? Well, too fuckin' bad. Tsubasa is about to punch herself in the face and there's no way you can stop her.
  • Related to the above, the game automatically puts together your combo chains. I'm not sure if it's max length or max damage, but either way you have no choice in how they play out. If there's a combo breaker in the middle of it, tough poo poo.

There are other mechanics relating to sessions that will come into play later, but for now, that's really everything you need to know. Unless you're running into enemies with drain or reflect, there's really no reason to not do a session whenever possible, and you can rack up ridiculous amounts of damage with it if you know what you're doing.

Shortly thereafter, Itsuki picks up Lance-Slash, but he can't do anything with it until Tsubasa gets an actual lance skill. Direct attacks can't trigger sessions, after all.

Heading south from that large plaza, we find a couple Revival Beads. They're handy to have around, but there's an item which does the exact same thing and can be bought for 1500 yen, so they're not really that useful.

On our way back, Tsubasa picks up Skewer, which means that Itsuki can now make use of Lance-Slash. Once she picks up Sword-Lunge, our small team will have complete combo potential with each other.

Past the plaza, we come across this wall. We can try attacking but it doesn't do anything, and examining it simply says there's nothing we can do here right now.

That said, there's a treasure ball back there so we will eventually be able to get past it. It's just going to take ~35 hours.

At the top of the next elevator, we get interrupted by Touma again.

quote:

ITSUKI! are you okay!?
Yeah, somehow. I found Tsubasa, too. We're all right.
where even are you guys right now?
I have actually no idea.
gaahhh you dumbass
okay look. you guys gotta find the exit. got that? there should be a round building somewhere south of you. the exit's near there, so get moving!
and BE CAREFUL. you guys better not die!

Yeah, yeah, we get it. You'd think Itsuki would mention the whole ghost-fusion thing but I guess that would require a bit too much explaining.

Oh no it's an ambush!

Oh. :geno: Yeah, they don't last long.

It's called Performa. Chances are, it was harvested from a human...

Per...forma?

It's a power that only you humans carry within... For beings like us, it provides sustenance and power.

So that host at the audition... was kidnapping people to steal their Performa...?

Wooow... Look at it sparkle!

*Chuckle* I sense Performa shining within you, too, Tsubasa.

A power carried by humans...

We're just about there, you can actually see the exit from the red dome off to the left.

One last new enemy, the Caspar is weak to Elec/Wind/Ice and occasionally throws an Agi at you. Itsuki is weak to fire, but it should be trivial to kill them before they can do any serious damage.

Itsuki picks up Rakukaja, which has a weird combination of classic SMT and Persona functionality. It targets the entire party, but the effects don't stack if you try to cast it multiple times.

Chakra Drops are one of the more handy items, because you don't get a full heal when you level up. Outside of healing points (of which there is like...one. In the entire game), the only way to recover your MP is to leave the dungeon, so having a few Chakras on hand is good.

Our ultimate destination is now in sight. That green orb in the background is right next to where we need to go.

Itsuki picks up his final skill as we make the last turn. Strength Boost is one of those skills that we'll dump as soon as we have a better option, because two points is not a big boost and Itsuki is fairly strength-biased to begin with. Note that the weapon now says "Full Inheritance", which means there's nothing else we can wring out of it outside of its qualities as a weapon itself.

One last set of goodies for the road. First Aid Kits are a low level full party heal, similar to Media.

Our final skill for this update is Sword-Lunge on Tsubasa. Again, Tsubasa's strength isn't much to write home about, but this does mean that both Itsuki and Tsubasa can combo off of anything the other person throws out. That's not nothing, this early in the game.

And speaking of combos, note that even though Itsuki has a mere 5 MP, he can still contribute to the session. Part of why sessions are so hilariously broken is that unless a party member physically cannot contribute for some reason (dead, asleep, silenced, etc), their session arts have no cost. No matter how long the session goes, or which art they use, everything after the initial hit is completely free to cast.

A mysterious power envelopes Itsuki's body...

And just like that, we're topped off for the boss.

There is an elevator here at the end, but it goes down to another light wall. Again, we'll be back for these in a loooooong time.

Next time, we fight the boss and finish up the Prologue. See you then!

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

Another reason for why sessions are broken is that you have such a ridiculous amount of EP, which means you can always use a skill, which also means you can always do sessions! In the other Atlus games that I've played (SMTIV and Persona Q), you have to be a lot more conservative with your MP to make sure you don't run out before meeting a tough monster, while here you can just use skills whenever you want without worrying about the consequences. Which honestly makes the game feel a lot more fun, even if there's less strategy involved.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Carlioo posted:

Another reason for why sessions are broken is that you have such a ridiculous amount of EP, which means you can always use a skill, which also means you can always do sessions! In the other Atlus games that I've played (SMTIV and Persona Q), you have to be a lot more conservative with your MP to make sure you don't run out before meeting a tough monster, while here you can just use skills whenever you want without worrying about the consequences. Which honestly makes the game feel a lot more fun, even if there's less strategy involved.

Yeah, the game pulling away from the usual mechanics of Magic Points being scarce and limiting your ability to use them is maybe my favorite thing gameplay-wise (besides sessions because they're just cool and fun and very satisfying to pull off, especially after you get a couple of the skills that open them up more). This is also nice because it means heals and debuff removal aren't that big a pain to just manage with party members, instead of having to rely on items all the time, so you're a lot more durable, too.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Carlioo posted:

Persona Q [...] you have to be a lot more conservative with your MP

No, you really, really don't. Sub-Persona HP and SP is fully refilled at the end of every fight. That's part of why there is no resource management, because you'll never use that up and then some in any random battle (and most FOEs for that matter). At least here the initial Session skill has a cost that isn't auto-refunded by the sounds of things, so you can still theoretically run out even if its just absurdly unlikely.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

No, you really, really don't. Sub-Persona HP and SP is fully refilled at the end of every fight. That's part of why there is no resource management, because you'll never use that up and then some in any random battle (and most FOEs for that matter). At least here the initial Session skill has a cost that isn't auto-refunded by the sounds of things, so you can still theoretically run out even if its just absurdly unlikely.

Eh, from my experience I'd still say you have to conserve more in Q, but then again I haven't played it in a while (and I was also bad at it).

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I kind of dig how the game basically uses the magatama system from Nocturne for skills, partially because it's a really cool system to roll your armour, weapon and skill tree into the same slot, and partially because this game could not be further from Nocturne in terms of tone.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Carlioo posted:

Eh, from my experience I'd still say you have to conserve more in Q, but then again I haven't played it in a while (and I was also bad at it).

in Q you maybe have to conserve mp in the first dungeon but after that if you play with fusing at all you will quickly never have to again

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
So are skills like "Lance-Slash" both lance- and sword-elemental, or is it only sword-elemental and the "Lance" part is just saying what triggers it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

The first part of the session skills tell you what triggers them, the second is the element for the follow up.

• Locked thread