Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Artix posted:

Additionally, there is a section about a quarter of the way into the game that was heavily changed during localization. When we get there, we'll discuss what it was and why it was changed, but if I see a single use of the word "censorship", even ironically, I am locking the thread and delaying the next update by a day. :siren: This is your first and only warning. :siren:
If it comes to that, I suggest copy-pasting the entirety of this article into the thread while you're at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

CaptianKatsura posted:

I bought TMS right at the beginning of this year, and I beat in a week of nonstop playing. What I'm getting at is this game is amazing. Like, the best way to describe it is Persona 4.5. If you need to scratch that Persona itch now that Persona 5 has been delayed again, I highly recommend picking this up.
Most people play Persona for the story, don't they? Unless this game is going to suddenly turn into a serious and pointed criticism of the idol industry, I don't see much similarity to P5.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

CaptianKatsura posted:

When I say Persona 4.5, I mean that the gameplay is essentially Persona 4 but better. As for the story, I can't really say anything yet, since, ya know, spoilers.
poo poo, if it really is a vicious takedown of the idol industry I might have to actually pay attention.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

Hey, Chrom is fine. He is far from the worst lord in a series where Roy and Leif exist. Yeah, he's a straight man, but crazy people need a straight man to bounce off. I like Chrom; he's good. He's thoroughly outclassed by his daughter in every respect, but that's not his fault.
If Itsuki were a woman with Lucina as her Persona, I would be out the door on my way to buy a Wii U faster than you could blink.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Artix posted:

I mean, it probably didn't help, but Splatoon sold almost 5 million copies. I'm not saying their circumstances were the same by any stretch of the imagination, but coming off the success of both SMT IV and Fire Emblem Awakening, you'd think TMS would do better than 50k, even on the Wii U.

E: And to be fair, Nintendo has said the 50k sales were within estimates so it's not like they got blindsided. It just bombed in general.
Are those numbers global, domestic or just North America?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Artix posted:

50k North America. It may or may not include digital sales, but we could generously double the sales at best in that regard.
That makes more sense. You gave the global numbers for Splatoon, so I wasn't sure.

• Locked thread