Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

This game is pretty drat great for what it is. I wasn't able to finish it because it started having some really weird loading issues, so I'm looking forward to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

The good news about having Fire Emblem mechanics in an SMT setting is that just about every enemy is weak to at least one kind of physical attack and you can usually tell what it is at a glance. Determining weaknesses through observation has been something of a struggle for SMT and Persona for basically their entire runs.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Alpha3KV posted:

I didn't really pay attention to it at first but now that measurements were brought up I notice Touma has a bigger bust than either of the female characters, regardless of units.

Dude can't help it if he's built as close to a quarterback as Japanese teens get.

Alternatively, he's been lifting because all heroes have muscle tone.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Blademaster_Aio posted:

It also won't work against bosses, right? You can't overkill stuff (because the boss is alone) so no cancellation of the boss's immunities... or something like that?

The tutorial boss summoned adds, so that's probably not the case.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

ManlyGrunting posted:

I honestly love this about the whole cast. They're dumbass teenagers with their heads in the clouds who have no business being as incredibly effective as they are.

Okay that's most jrpg's but this one in particular :v:

It's not just that, but the fact that the game doesn't try to pretend they're anything else.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

asymmetrical posted:

Why is she happy that Itsuki took the liberty to fix her plushie? And in such a horrible fashion, too? I'd be pissed as hell that he thought he had the right to alter or modify my personal belonging, and that he more or less ruined it by not attempting to match fabric to boot.

"He tried to fix my stuffed animal that I sent him to go find that I got broken by being a careless moron. I know what I'll do, I'll get pissed at him! That'll show him :reject:"

Seriously, I can count on one hand the number of people I know who, at the drop of a hat, would fix a mistake I made that they had no stake in. It wouldn't even be the whole hand, either. I can't think of many people who would do the same thing for an almost total stranger, as well.

Materant fucked around with this message at 08:24 on May 9, 2017

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

ChaosArgate posted:

That's for party members; I don't particularly feel like looking up numbers for P3 or 4, but you can get a Ma- spell as early as level 13 in P5 with a Hua Po on Joker. Not exactly a fair comparison since Itsuki doesn't have nearly as much versatility as a Wild Card user, but I can see where Artix is coming from.

The Wild Card is kind of cheating though because you can have a shitload of really good skills far earlier than everyone else gets them if you're good at fusion.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Alpha3KV posted:

In the scene where they talk to girls on the streets, something I noticed with my very limited Japanese is that the translation swapped tea and coffee for some reason. While this is ultimately not important at all, I do find that rather inexplicable.

Probably because it flows better.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Omobono posted:

X-Slayer attacks both trigger sessions and elemental immunities/repels/absorbs are ignored from the start in said session.

Wouldn't a party member chaining dekaja/sukunda force Matador to waste turns rebuffing himself in that case? 1 to 1 turn trades tend to be in the player's favour in this kind of games.

Most bigger bosses in SMT games tend to get multiple turns to balance your larger party size out, or more likely snowball your party wipe.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

A lot of the Ike/Soren stuff is up to viewer interpretation by design, but he did leave a distant descendant (Priam) in Awakening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Robindaybird posted:

Isn't there less of a distinction between blue and green in Japan least in language?

Blue is "ao" (青) and green is "midori" (緑), so no, not really.

• Locked thread