Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They are both incredibly anime, what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The best way to describe TMS (it's SMT backwards, people) is that it's not just about Jpop, it's about all of entertainment culture. Actors, tv, movies, music, etc. It'd be way worse if it was just an idol game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

More of the last pokemon was sold than the lifetime sales of rhe wiiU. Fallout 4 on day 1 almost sold as much as 4 years of a console.

No one played.wiiu games.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

If you think that's peak anime, you better leave the thread now.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I never understood the feverish hatred of Chrom.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

If you see Eraphim as boring, I can see how every good guy is boring to you then.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The worst that Atlus has said about the idol industry is basically the first half of Rise's social link in p4 and that's about it?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

ManlyGrunting posted:

Sadly all of the mirages in this game are from the first Fire Emblem or Awakening (which share a universe I think?)

Yeah, and there's a pretty big reason why it's only 1/3 and Awakening. Although I think technically Gaiden can also be part of this universe, if I'm understanding how that game works?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Item Getter posted:

Do we know why Nintendo didn't do an English dub of the game? It seems a bit odd.

Most likely finding VA's that can also sing would add too much time to the localization that it would come out before Christmas or worst case, last month when WiiU officially stopped production and they have revealed the Switch entirely.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Toi8 is a good and unique artist

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Carlioo posted:

It'd better be within estimates considering how badly promoted it got. I don't think NIntendo even put up anything about TMS on their YT.

They did

https://www.youtube.com/user/Nintendo/search?query=tokyo+mirage

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Maybe they put the eyepatch last minute because she would look and be too much like severa

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So Tiki is probably the main reason why it's only the Marth and Chrom era characters story-wise, since she wouldn't know about the Gaiden or Judal events.

Or something. It made sense in my head.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Blademaster_Aio posted:

You know, I wonder why people attempt to save someone by taking the hit for them instead of pushing them out of the way. Can't think quickly enough in the heat of the moment, I guess?

Probably could ask the same reason why people take gun shots instead of pushing people away.

Generally speaking, getting in front of someone is more reliable and quicker than hoping you have enough force to safely push someone away.

This from a lot of boring children defense classes.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

You don't have to imagine if tharja just being a stalker would be bad because rhajat exists

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I thought tiki waifu was some weird reference to sayuri.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's pretty obviously pulling from the Archanaea timeline when Tiki recognizes both eras of heroes.

If anything, they didn't pull on the obvious Inigo/Olivia references despite some more obscure characters showing up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Draug, the 324th most popular character in fire emblem

A poll that separately counts multiple appearances as separate characters

• Locked thread