Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

I'm not Katsura, I'm Captain Katsura!

I've been waiting for this LP to start.

I bought TMS right at the beginning of this year, and I beat in a week of nonstop playing. What I'm getting at is this game is amazing. Like, the best way to describe it is Persona 4.5. If you need to scratch that Persona itch now that Persona 5 has been delayed again, I highly recommend picking this up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

FractalSandwich posted:

Most people play Persona for the story, don't they? Unless this game is going to suddenly turn into a serious and pointed criticism of the idol industry, I don't see much similarity to P5.

When I say Persona 4.5, I mean that the gameplay is essentially Persona 4 but better. As for the story, I can't really say anything yet, since, ya know, spoilers.

CaptianKatsura fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Feb 2, 2017

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

Commander Keene posted:

Word of warning: the loading times are supposedly far worse on physical copies than on digital, although the article I saw on it was comparing Japanese versions, so I don't know if the problem was fixed for the NA launch although I highly doubt it. I bought digital because of that.

I had physical and I don't remember the loading screens being that bad. Though if I left the game running for multiple hours, the loading screens would slowly start taking longer, so I guess there's that.

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

InwardChaos posted:

Is the NPC Mirage that gave you the quest based off of a specific FE character?
To me, it makes me think of Elise from Fates.

Nah, it's just the enemy Cleric model, it's not anyone in particular.

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

Artix posted:

Before we go though, we can grab this. It doesn't actually *do* anything as far as I know, but the implication is that Itsuki couldn't even be bothered to pick up his best friend's debut CD. :v:

It's been a couple months since I played this, but I believe the CD is a sidequest item.

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

vdate posted:

I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but what controls whether a character appears in battle henshin'd or in their civvies (uh, or whatever stupid outfit you've stuck them in)?

(also, after listening to the Mirages chatting to their partners in battle, I finally pinned down what this reminded me of: Kamen Rider Den-O. Admittedly, it's not a takeover, but the general idea is similar.)

Characters appear in battle in whatever outfit you have set for them, but ad-lib skills (and I think special skills as well) change them into the outfit related to the sidequest that unlocked the skill (and then they change back to what you had set after the animation is finished).

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

I really don't like Mamori's carnage outfit. It's got some really good touches, like the padding inside the helmet, but as a whole it looks really stupid. But I am glad we have Mamori now, because she never once left my party after I got her except when I absolutely had to remove her. No contest, she's the best unit in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Is it too late to get on the Walheart with Aether train?

Also they don't do the FE promotion thing where if you promote too early you handicap yourself later, right?

Nope, the only reason that's a thing in regular Fire Emblem is due to the limited levelups. Since this is a regular JRPG, promoting just gives you a nice stat boost. The only real way to hurt yourself is that there's exactly enough seals to promote to every class, so whatever you change to second will be your final class unless you steal someone else's seal (assuming you go out of your way to find all of them).

CaptianKatsura fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Nov 16, 2017

• Locked thread